UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

I have about two dozen Hulk Minimates, but its because I like them. Hulk is my favorite character and the first one reminds me of the simplicity that these figures used to represent.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more important question: why?

To sell?

To gloat?

To fill the void?

All of the above? (:

If I had wanted to gloat I would have done so long ago & if I appear to be gloating now, then you'd be way off.....in many ways I'm mocking myself. :biggrin:

I have no void that I need filling as far as I'm aware.

To sell them ? Yeah I sell them but until now fairly reluctantly .

Edited by buttheadsmate

The more important question: why?

I prefer to think of BHM as a sort of archivist. He preserves and catalogs specimens of every Minimate created so that, in the case of some world-ending disaster, aliens or future civilizations can look back and marvel at our toymaking superiority.

If you don't mind me asking,I have one question: how can you afford all of these? Is there a job on this planet that allows you to buy hundreds of each Minimate? That's not a collection,that's santa's workshop.

There's your answer. :P

I knew it that Santa was real!!!

I used to be the same way with Joes (and still do to a smaller extent). But once I did the math in my head as to what I could get back on all the duplicates, even AT COST, I realized I could have other nice stuff... like an iPad, an HDTV...steak... floor space... so I started parting out a lot of dupes. Haven't looked back either. The cleaning out is now an annual event.

I thought this topic would have been a showcase of those "naughty" pics Ivan made. :P

Good thing it's not. Don't want anyone stepping on my territory. :D Definitely not BHM for that matter... can't imagine what his mind would come up with.

bare.jpg

(Only questionable pic I have readily available.)

It won't be long before someone shouts "enough" but has anyone got any specific requests before this runs out of steam ?

It's late here in ol'blighty so I'll get some sleep & I'll look forward to some polite suggestions .....please do not finish any suggestion with the word ".....off!" .

Later.

Edit: ...& now a Minimate God walks amongst us.

As always Ivan -priceless :biggrin:

Edited by buttheadsmate

First off, everyone that's been crapping on BHM and his collection... just stop. It's his money, his collection, his business. Rob's been a stalwart of the Minimate collecting community for years and is a stand-up guy, and he doesn't really need guys with less then 100 posts here questioning him. He's handled it gracefully, but I think it's pretty rude.

Second, requests... I'd be curious to see your DC Direct and C3 collections....

BHM, I have to say, I am in awe, sir. Really. You are nothing short of amazing to me right now. Really. I may give you shit sometimes (which is all in jest and I hope you don't take it as serious) but you are easily pretty responsible for keeping minimates going. So hey, thank you. I can't buy that many mates, especially not of just one set, let alone so many, so my hat's off to you, sir. Really. Well, no, I don't wear hats, but if I did, I would tip it to you.

Other than that, how many max Sentinels and Galacti do you have? And can we see them, please?

1339706953[/url]' post='232209']
1339706006[/url]' post='232206']The cleaning out is now an annual event.

Hence username?

:) I guess it works!

1339717268[/url]' post='232234']

First off, everyone that's been crapping on BHM and his collection... just stop. It's his money, his collection, his business. Rob's been a stalwart of the Minimate collecting community for years and is a stand-up guy, and he doesn't really need guys with less then 100 posts here questioning him. He's handled it gracefully, but I think it's pretty rude.

Second, requests... I'd be curious to see your DC Direct and C3 collections....

Well, I have less than 100 posts so I hope you weren't referring to me. I was relating that I've had the same collecting habits with different lines, and not criticizing or questioning at all. If anything, I'm just the same.

I don't exactly understand MOC collections, never have and never will. Stocking, like BHM, is one thing, which i get. But actually displaying carded figures just doesn't make sense to me. If you have one standout favorite character, like me with Jeanie, i would get it, but i wouldn't want the entire Marvel Universe hanging in boxes on my wall.

Apparently in being a minimate watcher and fan for a few years , but not a poster I have missed something. What is this maximate wolverine and maximate spidey people speak of? I am very confused and intrigued.

Apparently in being a minimate watcher and fan for a few years , but not a poster I have missed something. What is this maximate wolverine and maximate spidey people speak of? I am very confused and intrigued.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong in any of this, but after the inital set of Galactus and Sentinel Maximate staues were released, a second wave of Wolverine and Spider-Man were planned to be released but never saw the light of day since the first two sold poorly. There have test pieces that have surfaced inthe past (to say extremely rarely is a huge understatement) and Rob scored one, however the other elluded him. They're about as rare as you can get when it comes to Minimate collecting.

And as much crap as I've given ol' bhm over the years, I'll publicly state that at the least his collecting habits have earned him a mention if there's ever a history of Minimates recorded. There are very few people around that have earned a spot like that and Rob is easily one of them. The only thing that is more well known than his collection is his generousity. He is easily a one of kind person and a phenominal member.

And if requests are being taken, I'd love to see any updated shots of prototypes or gold and silver Spideys. Particularly any that are going into an envelope with my address on them.

Reminds me of the thread on Hisstank years ago when someone said they had collected like 15,000 original vipers. The guy said he started buying them up in the 90s and made it his life goal to get as many as he could because it was his favorite toy from childhood.

Most likely a hoax as another member calculated the weight of so many figures to be extraordinarily high and highly unmanageable. And the poster vanished shortly after his revelation. But a part of me hopes there is a mad man crazy enough to amass such a pointless horde.

BHM, I challenge you to acquire 15,000 Minimates!

I would sign what Granny says about good ol' BounteousHeadsMate.

That said, can we have a look at your 2005 Wizzard World Promo Mates, you know red, white, blue and YELLOW*? :tongue:

Oh, nad Riot Spideys?

_____

*: If that isn't the 'mate I think it is, the joke's on me.