UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Seems like I should finally post something here. This is a picture that I'm half happy to see and half rather not see. Moving my collection! I can't imagine what some people, *cough, BHM-Ivan-yb-Shane-etc.., cough* would go through moving theirs.

Holy Sh!t.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL, only a few of those came easy! Most were from adventuring into K-Marts I had never been to before! ;)

The case is the Minimates Collector Case 10th Anniversary Edition. I need to submit a new Ask DST to see if Chuck has any plans to release a new version...

Edited by youbastards

I use the cases for my pre-production stuff. I have three of them so far. I tried to get chuck to do one with bigger slots for stuff like Battlebeasts but he said no.

Stranger, have you never seen a carrying case? I think the 10th anniversary one was our third edition of it.

I believe the Red Alligator came with the first one, the Glowing Navigator Pirate came with the second one, and the Silver 10th Ann. Minimate was in the last one. If you were ever wondering where any of those came from.

Stranger, have you never seen a carrying case? I think the 10th anniversary one was our third edition of it.

I believe the Red Alligator came with the first one, the Glowing Navigator Pirate came with the second one, and the Silver 10th Ann. Minimate was in the last one. If you were ever wondering where any of those came from.

You are correct sir. I assumed we would see new versions of these every so often. We need one with some larger compartments.

The cases are great. And they always seem to sell out well. You can't find many of the 10th Anniversary ones around anymore.

It would definitely be cool if there were some larger compartments in the trays. Helpful for Battle Beasts and the random MODOK sized figures, but would be good for the old 3" stuff as well.

Agreed, even some of the capes these days are getting large enough that they hardly fit easily. I had to resort to Plano tackle boxes for my 3" & 2.5".

My entire loose collection is stored in these, and so far they have been able to accommodate every standard 2" Minimate release, in some capacity.

For the larger figures (MODOK, Aliens, Battle Beasts, etc) I just disassemble them where needed (one of the perks of Minimates!) and try to fit them into a single compartment if possible, but will split one figure into 2 compartments if necessary. Obviously some flight stands and things won't fit in the compartments (Phoenix stand, Songbird stand), but luckily so far all have been able to fit under the trays in the grooves so I can at least keep the stands with the appropriate figures.

Yikes! And here I felt guilty with an army of 4 Kraang!

No guilt here, I had to work for that army! Hours of driving and dealing with K-Mart customer service reps! PK13 helped me with one when they first released, and I snagged 2 from Luke when he offered them up, but the rest were from driving to 20+ K-Marts in multiple states.

Yikes! And here I felt guilty with an army of 4 Kraang!

No guilt here, I had to work for that army! Hours of driving and dealing with K-Mart customer service reps! PK13 helped me with one when they first released, and I snagged 2 from Luke when he offered them up, but the rest were from driving to 20+ K-Marts in multiple states.

I almost left a post along the same lines. When I found my second Kraang in store, I was happy until I thought "this is a Kraang that another board member could have..." and so I stopped with 2.

But then I remembered my first time army building with Minimates. I hunted down AIM Agents in the same manner - driving from TRU to TRU over several states for I don't even know how many weeks, looking for whatever I could find.

Granted, the circumstances were slightly different at the time - the AIM Agents were also released in an LCS wave, making it easy enough for people without a TRU to get their hands on them. And they weren't new to TRU like TMNT was new to KMart, so the distribution and in-store availability was a different animal. Still, I eventually got called out for it on here (I'd go looking for the post, but I'm lazy), and ever since then I've been very cautious with my army building.

But regardless, I had the exact feeling you described - I put a lot of effort into building my little army, and it's one of the highlight of my collection. I don't feel guilty for working to acquire those mates, and unless you were ever going to pull a Minimate Menagerie with your Kraang, I don't think you'd have to feel guilty for your collection either... Even if I was one of the ones whose initial thought was "man, and I feel bad having 2!" whistling.gif