UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BHM is stockpiling those Hulkbuster Iron Men for when the world ends this December. He will use them to barter for food and ammunition in the new world post apocalypse. I for one would give him my last can of beans for a set. ;)

Seems legit. :P

Also, I am hugely relieved that this thread isn't what I thought it would be.

Man I haven't seen that in a while. I need to pull out my pic of the three Bullseye/Moonstone sets together.

Three Bullseye/Moonstone sets?

i__m_jelly___id_by_kuroneko1300-d48c9gx.jpg

I always wondered what you stockpiled in that barn of yours. Do what ever you need but stay away from the barn. Those were your words, right? And let me guess, that "lake" of yours... it's just a new hidden storage... for the fleet of pirate ships of yours. :blink:

Happy to see pics, BHM. And I'm really looking forward to the next stuff.

............. that "lake" of yours... it's just a new hidden storage... for the fleet of pirate ships of yours. :blink:

post-638-0-32671000-1339667602_thumb.jpg ....that's not all of them ,many are under repair in dry dock. Mega Blok ships make superb dioramas for Minimates & were (& often still are) insanely cheap on UK ebay . I can't ever photograph them well enough to convey their size ...... & The Flying Dutchman is pure magic.

Thanks for the .....erm..pictures Sam ,I cringed when I saw them the first time & I did so again this morning !

Apparently Sam's wife gave him an ultimatum a couple of years back .."either buttheadsmate's parcels go or I will !" . Sam made the right decision & thankfully she came back after a couple of months. :tongue: Indebted Sam indebted.

Picture #2 I promised you Cylons ...disappointingly there was a hitch & all I could find was bloody six :huh: Anyway .....

post-638-0-60680400-1339668506_thumb.jpg

Well, since Sam already shared some pics, I'll post one of one of the last boxes I sent to Rob. Probably not as impressive since there wasn't much of anything of real value in it, but it's still more fuel to the fire:

I can see a particular box-set that is doing quite well these days ;) Thanks Groundhog you're yet another star who has helped me tremendously .

Regarding how do I afford all this stuff ? I can't :sad:

Well, since Sam already shared some pics, I'll post one of one of the last boxes I sent to Rob. Probably not as impressive since there wasn't much of anything of real value in it, but it's still more fuel to the fire:

I can see a particular box-set that is doing quite well these days ;) Thanks Groundhog you're yet another star who has helped me tremendously .

Regarding how do I afford all this stuff ? I can't :sad:

Then how do you buy them? Do you have a store and then sell them?

I always wondered what you stockpiled in that barn of yours. Do what ever you need but stay away from the barn. Those were your words, right? And let me guess, that "lake" of yours... it's just a new hidden storage... for the fleet of pirate ships of yours. :blink:

Happy to see pics, BHM. And I'm really looking forward to the next stuff.

I would love to see a pic of Minimate pirate ships on your lake.:biggrin:

Apparently Sam's wife gave him an ultimatum a couple of years back .."either buttheadsmate's parcels go or I will !" . Sam made the right decision & thankfully she came back after a couple of months. :tongue: Indebted Sam indebted.

Well at the time we were renting a 2 bedroom house that was probably 700-900 square feet total of living space. Let's just say that it didn't take long for packages to become noticeable and annoying to the wife. I eventually had to store them in the attic to avoid her wrath. :D

And of course, my help wasn't completely altruistic. I got lots of nifty goodies from Rob that I otherwise wouldn't have picked up. :thumbsup: Plus, I became a master of packing/shipping things, and essentially became an expert on USPS's international shipping policies. :D

Edited by karamazov80

I had to dig a box out of my office closet last night and found unopened cases of waves 16, 17, & 18. Plus the case of Cylon single packs I shared with TBT (by shared I mean gave him the bloody Six :confused: ). I also found some MIP Cylon Raiders which might be taking a trip overseas.

Then how do you buy them? Do you have a store and then sell them?

If I say that I've invested in Minimates then that could be construed as being my sole intention ....that couldn't be further from the reality . Much of the 'really good stuff' I have in my inventory collection was obtained after that very low period back in late 2006-2007 when no-one was really sure what was happening with the line. A lot of Minimate stuff was just floundering around seemingly unwanted.....I just gave them a good home & I've been doing it ever since . I rarely ever even trade TRU stuff because it just never felt 'right'.

Do I have a store ? No but I'm closer than I've ever been to doing so .....wait & see .

Ye Olde Minimayte Shoppe ?

Dino: It would be true to say that much of my stuff remains in packs (in cases) but I have probably 95% of all Minimates loose somewhere nearby .....

Those pirate ships are very cool. I'd love to see more pics of those or how you display and store your collection(s). I've been waiting to see how low the Pirates of the Caribbean ships will get at TRU. I think they started around 60-70, now they're around 40. Not sure if they'll fit well with minis but I'll roll the dice if they get down to 20.

It's difficult to not be impressed with a case. very badass

Ok, I'm new to the MMMV, so I'm kind of lost with this thread. While I'm completely in awe, why do you need so many multiples of figures? I guess I'm just too simple of a collector, once I have one of something, I mentally check it off my list of things I need. I don't say "hmmmm....I wish I had 100 more of these still in their box."

Not to mention the cost, but that's already been mentioned.....