UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its an unusual item. The lack of any mention of Minimate, has me skeptical. Does C3 show up anywhere on the packaging?

I think that can be ruled out Shane because this set is absolutely identical in every other respect except the printing . M & S is one of the largest & oldest retailers in the UK & I feel that they may have done some deal to repackage this set with 'whomever' in China . I can't find anything else out about this particular C3 set but I did come across an ebay auction for a rebranded M & S 'Corgi' Batmobile http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORGI-BATMOBILE-EXCLUSIVE-SPECIAL-EDITION-MARKS-AND-SPENCER-/251245026314?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item3a7f5edc0a .....similar sort of thing ?

Is there a date or copyright/trademark info on the package anywhere? I wonder if the factory or [edit: Play Along Toys] made some kind of deal to sell off leftover stock to M&S, with M&S being responsible for printing packaging. They would have been provided the graphics, obviously, but then branded it as their own. Odd that more of these never popped up anywhere, maybe this was a one-off production sample that was never sold in stores?

Edited by youbastards

Thanks Shane, Play Along was the company I was blanking on. They were the ones we had to contact to get the Batcave "structural support add-on", correct?

Yep. Also, if you had any missing bricks or figure parts, Play Along was the only source for replacements. I got a Robin missing a glove and PA customer service was the only way to get a replacement. It took some time, but they came through for me.

• 6 months later...

Information I'd rather not have heard.......

The scenario.

I'm putting together a fairly decent 'trade' with another member who is requesting some 2003 blanks/promos............. fairly straightforward thought I smile.png

Just a case of saying "yay" or "nay" as to whether I have spares ......thought I ermm.gif

"I'm not bothered whether you've got the ones with the date & logo imprint on the backs of them ......or the ones without ! "

I never knew huh.png

Did anybody else ?

EDIT: I've looked through what I have & it seems that the respected member is correct & as far as I can see....2003 Toy Fair Promos of all colours have NO imprints on them.

-OCDheadsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

Tis true. I know of whom you refer because I made the discovery along with him recently. I then set about to reassess what I have, but still went through with my end of the deal.

So what have we learned? That some of the blanks from 2003 have them and some don't?

From what I have seen( from what I have) only the Toy Fair promos from 2003 have NO imprints ,all the colours have no imprints . Ivan understandably uses the same picture for all three same-colored convention exclusives ( I think ? ermm.gif )

The SDCC Yelo 2003 is the same as WW yelo 2003, whilst I have the WW Yelo but not a packaged SDCC Yelo ,the SDCC Yelo still remains my most elusive Minimate huh.png

I... thought that was common knowledge? [/sheepish]

I never knew ......but then again I'm neither common nor a sheep tongue.png

-baaramuttonsmate

I only discovered it recently myself. I find it hard to believe that anyone else noticed and never said anything after ten years TM2. But you are "special". I have lots of blanks BHM, but no SDCC yellow. I hope to help you one of these days.

My D&D group stopped playing last year (one member passed away and one member moved), but the 3 of us that were left had wanted to get a game going, so I started DM'ing a tabletop Walking Dead themed game using Minimates, this Saturday will be our second session, but so far it has worked out well.

Here is my current Zombie Horde (74) that I can throw at them! :P

20131107_155628.jpg

In TM2's defense, I do remember this being brought up before...

...And after a bit of research I found this thread: Possession of Rarities. (Tread lightly, some long lost friends in there.)

can anyone who has any of the 2003 blanks tell me if they have any copyright info on them? they are the only ones I havent been able to get yet. thanks!

Jeff of the Minis

Some do, some don't. My loose blue one does, but both my loose red and green ones don't.

EDIT:

After checking my packaged blanks, I've found red, green, and yellow (in addition to the blue above) that have the copyright text. These packaged ones all have the Wizard World sticker, so I'm not sure if the non-copyrighted versions came from San Diego or Toy Fair.

I've picked up more blanks since 2007, but not many. All my SDCCs (RGBY), and Wizard Worlds (RGY) have the text. I currently don't have any sealed Toy Fair packs. But there are a couple opened TF baggies so I'm assuming that's where the naked ones came from. Not as much rigor in those days. sad.png

My D&D group stopped playing last year (one member passed away and one member moved), but the 3 of us that were left had wanted to get a game going, so I started DM'ing a tabletop Walking Dead themed game using Minimates, this Saturday will be our second session, but so far it has worked out well.

Here is my current Zombie Horde (74) that I can throw at them! tongue.png

20131107_155628.jpg

Hoard & horde are two words that often confuse me ...I know the difference but I always have to stop & think.........however..........

yb's pic = a hoard of a horde ,hoarded by a hoarder of hordes .

• 5 months later...

I know how you feel Shane, but I'm more concerned about the fragile nature of some of these things more than security. My gold Spidey test shot has safely made the trip with me the last two years, and was reunited with his silver Spidey test shot brother last year (thanks again, Dino).

I may bring some of my rarities this year, we'll see.

When I say security, I do of course mean protection from theft, but I also mean protection from damage. Some of my protos are hand painted and some are made of very brittle resin. They break if you look at them funny... I'd need a huge padded case that I could handcuff to myself, but that could be limiting.