UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched the reasonably simple term "minimates" and got one hit. I admit, I have only played around with Craig's list when looking for old Volkswagens* and had never bought anything from the lists until now. I am not a fan of hooking up with strangers I contacted through the interwebs, unless they have Minimates of course. I hadn't noticed that every box set had a Deadpool in it until I got home with them. I needed one Dead Six and the others are gone in trades already. Sorry.

*I had 5 Volkswagen Super Beetles (73x2, 74x2, 75) at one time and absolutely love the cars. After selling all my lovely Bugs (almost 20 years ago), I yearn for another and have been looking for a reasonable project for a while now. I never had trouble finding them when I lived more northernly, but the lack of AC made them a looked over purchase in the deep south. I just missed out on a local impound auction that included a Kharman Ghia. Outbid by the narrow margin of $100.

Groundhog, you posted in the more relevent thread. Nice haul pal.

Yeah, but who would have thought that Napster merchandise would be made. The logo is cool but I'd never have thought they'd make toys of it. Even Google Androids are kind of odd to me, even though I like them. And I never knew about the Napster minimates. One of the few prototypes that I am glad that never came. So who has the Napster license now? I want updated Napster minimates!

(Yes, I know the Napster links are annoying...)

I wanted to answer his question but I wasn't really old enough to remember if it was or not. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be part of the gang I just wanted to help

Those Napster 'Mates are interesting, I really like the Napster logo, but that giant head on the tiny body is just awkward looking. You would think they would've sculpted a head or something. I don't think any other early filesharing network had any mascot based merchandise.

• 7 months later...

.....& a one-off official UK release of the Batmobile ,I've never seen another & I never knew of its existence until I spotted it on ebay . attachicon.gif013.JPG

Not often I say this, but WTF?

I was thinking the exact same thing! Did they do any other sets at Marks and Sparks?

'This is not just a C3 Mini Batmobile....this is an M&S C3 Building Block Mini Batmobile'

I think that can be ruled out Shane because this set is absolutely identical in every other respect except the printing . M & S is one of the largest & oldest retailers in the UK & I feel that they may have done some deal to repackage this set with 'whomever' in China . I can't find anything else out about this particular C3 set but I did come across an ebay auction for a rebranded M & S 'Corgi' Batmobile http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORGI-BATMOBILE-EXCLUSIVE-SPECIAL-EDITION-MARKS-AND-SPENCER-/251245026314?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item3a7f5edc0a .....similar sort of thing ?