UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

The Elven Archer/Swordsman guy is from a set of three test shot prototypes that came into my possesion. I knew Lurch liked LOTR and I wanted to show appreciation for all he does around here. Nuff said.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does one come into possession of these prototypes? is it all ebay luck? as you know I am going to have to have to find a few for my collection ;)

They publicly thanked us? I must have missed that part (or don't remember it). Months later I did get a package with a LotR prototype and a short thank you letter - "something something, thanks for being a mod, something something, here's a proto". :mellow:

I think Adam posted something in a thread ONCE about the moderators in general. I honestly don't recall what I got through the mail but I'm sure it was Trek related. (Tribbles Kirk?)

I came to the board because I was a Trek collector frustrated that, while every other manufacturer was offering figures in 3 3/4" and 6" scales, AA was making figures in an arbitrary 7" scale that didn't fit in with ANY of my other figures. Digger's ego was through the roof. I distinctly remember the only way to get him to answer questions was to lace your posts with F-bombs and random vulgarities. I tried being polite but that's how he posted so I thought, "When in Rome..." And it worked every time.

I gave him all kinds of grief about the rubber pants they were putting on ENT figures. They hid the articulation but even AA didn't recommend posing them seated for long. Remember; these were DELUXE figures that came with chairs! Many consumers didn't even know the figures had articulation below the waist because AA never called it out on the packaging. All you saw was a well-sculpted figure in an odd scale that apparently couldn't sit in the chair it came with. It was ridiculous. Not to mention the concerns about how the rubber would hold up. (Anyone remember Furbie Yoda?)

So glad I slid over to Minimates. Good times. B)

Speaking of which...

How HAS everyone's old rubber-accessoried toys held up over the years? Mine are several states away in storage. How have the AA Trek rubber tunic figures, the ENT rubber pants, the LOTR Toy Biz figures, etc, etc held up?

Nothing has torn or deteriorated yet, but they have stained where one may have been lying on top of others in the box and the color transferred.

With regard to the 3 LOTR protos, I was contacted by an overseas seller who wanted a new home for them. If I take pics of my proto stuff, the other two will be visible.

Here are a couple of my treasures:

post-28-0-42464000-1342793866_thumb.jpg

Bombmate, MMC blank, Sentinel proto, LOTR fig & Ringwraith proto

The MMC blank Luke sent to me for helping out with reviews. I can't remember much of the story behind the LOTR figure, Shane might be able shed some light on it. But do have little story behind Ringwraith: a few years ago I ended up selling it to a friend of mine (money was tight at the time and diapers/food ALWAYS wins out over toys), well not too long ago I was able to win him back over a game of Super Smash Bros Brawl :biggrin: This time he's staying in my collection!

And my favorite customs:

post-28-0-14507500-1342793876_thumb.jpg

Predator, Dr Doomsy & MotU Sorceress

The Predator and Sorceress are from a contest we had a looooooong time ago that was a concept design to custom contest. Predator was created by Luke with accessories by Fujis. Sorceress was created by Antacost.

Doomsy is not really mine, it's my daughters. But she lets me "borrow" her for pictures. Created by the one and only MINI_MYTE.

LOTR wave 3 is something that I wish SOOOOOOOOOOOO much had been made!

That Sorceress is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

Weird. I never, ever think to check craigslist any more because I used to and never found anything. After reading Shane's post I thought it was worth trying again and found a collector about an hour away who just posted about 200 Minimates for $200. That included some very nice looking mates and I'm making plans to meet up with him now. And none of it would have been possible without MMMV and the Shanester.

MinimateMultiverse-making all of your wildest dreams come true.