UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still jealous of the KISS protos, Rob!! I love the instruments and never understood why they didn't just include them as well. I'm sure it was cost related. I got the Tony Hawk stuff too. Big love to Donna for listing those! Crouching Tiger protos are amazing too. I love seeing multiple packs of mates, keep going. I remember buying the Scarlet Spider packs for a buck or two at FYE. I also remember selling some for very cheap prices before they became hot. Great to see everyone's pictures of rare stuff. I've got some things...

Still jealous of the KISS protos, Rob!! I love the instruments and never understood why they didn't just include them as well. I'm sure it was cost related. I got the Tony Hawk stuff too. Big love to Donna for listing those! Crouching Tiger protos are amazing too. I love seeing multiple packs of mates, keep going. I remember buying the Scarlet Spider packs for a buck or two at FYE. I also remember selling some for very cheap prices before they became hot. Great to see everyone's pictures of rare stuff. I've got some things...

yes you do have some things mate, you should be posting them up here too!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Really loving this thread Rob, and enjoying seeing the piles of stuff you have. I barely have room for my Marvel collection anymore, so seeing your "warehouse" of minis is giving my eyes a lovely green hue.

Also nice to see some others share their rarities and curiosities with us. Much appreciated all!

I totally missed your pic of the Mr. T Minimate GH7. I got very lucky and picked up one of those from a old EB employee. I still need to pick up that SMITI KISS playset that someone else did for my KISS Mates.

Hey BHM, when is the first annual Lake-Con?

Hey Shane , or Timbo, do either of you still have the pic of Lou Ferrgno kissing the minimate? Good times!

You mean this one?

post-7-0-62254500-1340894182_thumb.jpg

Funny you should mention it Josh, was going to post it as one of my minimate treasures... It's not something physical but it's definitely something to treasure, esp as Shane wouldn't ask because it's the hulk and you don't ask him do that sort of thing!

T.

p.s. I will get around to posting pix of some of the more cool stuff that I own or has passed through my hands.

This thread is fun.

That's best answered with another pic.

post-51-0-62283800-1340436120_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pix, Dino!

I sent one to each member that donated items for the charity auctiin. They are customs, and Luke was nice enough to provide some of the packaging that he uses for his Artmates series.

Glad to see you guys have them in your collections! :thumbsup:

Not to sound too corny, but my Japan-mate is my most treasured Minimate, the one that, even if I got rid of every single Minimate I own, I would still keep. I have a few very good friends that live in Japan, so that effort really meant a lot to me (even though I didn't have much to offer).

Not to sound too corny, but my Japan-mate is my most treasured Minimate, the one that, even if I got rid of every single Minimate I own, I would still keep. I have a few very good friends that live in Japan, so that effort really meant a lot to me (even though I didn't have much to offer).

That's exactly why I took the time to make them up and send them out! :thumbsup:

During SDCC 2009 my wife brought along her Starbuck minimate and took a ton of pictures calling it the "Many Adventures of Starbuck". We met several cast members from Battlestar Galactica and my wife got Michael Hogan, Edward James Olmos, Nicki Clyne (Cally) and Bear McCrery (does the music for BSG) to take their pictures with the Starbuck minimate. Figured I would share since there was that pic of Lou Ferigno.

post-1769-0-42985500-1340905171_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-57090800-1340905176_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-09907300-1340905183_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-29982300-1340905188_thumb.jp

Just realized looking at those pics that a hand was missing from Starbuck in the top two pics! Wierd since the hand wasn't lost, must have been loose and my wife probably had it in her pocket.

Edited by gambitron

That's a good woman gambitron. Just make sure you don't lose her, she's a keeper :thumbsup: Nice seeing TBT too and what a great picture. I've read on various boards that Lou is kind of a ass, but I thought he was one of the nicest actors I've met. I think sometimes folks forget that he's deaf and is actually reading our lips when we talk to him. I think his daughter(?) was helping translate why geek boy babbling to him when we met him. Great pictures and collections. As Turtle said, this is a fun thread :teehee:

Sorry man, Pee Hulk will forever remain in my collection. I also have the prototype head for the unmasked Dr. Doom variant. Not terribly impressive without the body

:pinch::yucky::down: I don't blame you pal.

Great stuff, I lov seeing all this stuff, and thanks for digging up the pic Shane. Remember how shady he was when you paid him? He held his hand out real low, looked around and said " gimme $20" it was funny as shit. I think It was $20, I forget

Ok I'll play Rarities & Treasures (some of which I no longer have as were given away), Like Rob some are relatively priceless at both ends of the scale...

Lets start get these out of the way first, My very own "special Army builders" (long since gone to many and varied homes)

post-7-0-42267100-1341025526_thumb.jpgpost-7-0-41539100-1341025534_thumb.jpg

Then there's these banners which after a lot of persuasion I managed to get Chuck to part with for a MMV giveaway as they were tearing down the DST booth one year. (Long since gone also - Given away in an MMV Contest.)

post-7-0-98327200-1341025658_thumb.jpgpost-7-0-39252300-1341025674_thumb.jpg

Paintmaster Prototypes? - Sealed in plastic baggies because as others have mentioned are very fragile, Given to me by various people who either worked for or with AA/DST.(Except the wave 5 Capt America which I traded for Waaaaaaaaaay back when.)

post-7-0-85126800-1341025838_thumb.jpg

Last up for the Pix are a mixture of customs gifted to me by members ( Luke, Nervous and Boyd take a bow),

Next to those are customs I made working from artwork (with permission & encouragement) from Barry Bradfied who used to be a member here and at the AA forums & now designs minimates for DST. I showed these to Donna from AA at one of the SDCC shows and she was impressed that Barry nailed the style of minimates amentioning that he should get in touch sometime and vanity makes me like to think I had a little role planting the seed for Barry getting the gig.

The two minimates on the end are definitely not worth anything to anyone but me, probably my two favourite customs I've made, Zombie skateboarding Kirk is curently my favourite minimate and lives on my desk and the other looks like a simple cyclops but the visor lights up when you press the head down (well it would if I put new batteries in it), I think I was the first to give minimates a real action feature.

post-7-0-11484800-1341025952_thumb.jpg

So that's a selection of my rare and wonderful treasures, to get mushy for a moment the real treasures to me though are the friends I've made here & the good times we've shared esp at SDCC etc.

T.

p.s. OK one last intangible minimate rarity I can claim, a drunken hug in the streets of San Diego by none other than the great minimate overlord Chuck T. himself, Anyone who knows Chuck will tell you that it's not something they'd ever expect him to do & I suspect will never do again!