UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again though, I do have to question the point of having that many of the same figure. You don't do customs. You don't trade them that often and treat it like a business. 2 or 3 packs I can understand for me, but what do you get out of having 2 cases? Just curious.

Their is no single answer to your very candid question about the 'multiples',I have however finally decided what to actually do with them all which is far more important to me,more about that another day . In the years I've been posting here I've neither dismissed or encouraged speculation about the scale of my Minimate collecting but I have always been proud of my 'Premier Collection' & so I decided to come out of the closet . Pictures of multiple packages isn't going to make a decent MMMV thread but in all honesty Dino where else would I post a picture,who else might be interested ?

A couple of things:

'you don't do customs' ...I am in awe of the customisers here ,so much so that I rarely comment anymore in any custom thread....there are only so many times you can say 'fantastic & awesome'. I DO make customs & the ones that I have published pics of here gave me a great deal of personal satisfaction although I'd agree they're not too technical......

Zorro post-638-0-94616900-1340439684_thumb.jpg & The Doctor post-638-0-32344900-1340439755_thumb.jpg

OK they're minor league but that ol' Doctor of mine kept my inbox busy for a couple of weeks & still seems to have inspired 'versions of..' I rarely SHOW my customs .

'you don't trade them'......It's not a competition but there are only two members here who have a higher Trade Feedback than I.... Boyd & Shanester ,2 great friends of mine. I trade heavily here......I even trade with you Dino :thumbsup:

There's some great pictures coming into this thread now & I'm guessing you've had enough of the boring ol' multiples ....thankyou all for letting me indulge myself.

Edited by buttheadsmate

That's best answered with another pic.

post-51-0-62283800-1340436120_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pix, Dino!

I sent one to each member that donated items for the charity auctiin. They are customs, and Luke was nice enough to provide some of the packaging that he uses for his Artmates series.

Glad to see you guys have them in your collections! :thumbsup:

Edited by youbastards

BHM, is the mask on that Zorro made out of electrical tape? Paint and sculpting? I can't tell. Whatever it is, that guy looks really cool. I wish they'd make a new rapier at some point soon here. Without them it makes Minimate fencing club only a pipe dream.

Edited by The Geohound

BHM, is the mask on that Zorro made out of electrical tape? Paint and sculpting? I can't tell. Whatever it is, that guy looks really cool. I wish they'd make a new rapier at some point soon here. Without them it makes Minimate fencing club only a pipe dream.

That's a C3 Robin head with some tape around it :biggrin: My ideas are OK but I get frustrated by my lack of talent.

yb ,I said I wouldn't actively seek that lovely promo of yours but I'd happily receive one :whistling:

GH,stunning stuff in those pics :thumbsup:

Santos...crazy pack .

BHM, I gotta say, your GIraffe custom still holds up as one of the most creative customs I've ever seen! :thumbsup:

That's best answered with another pic.

post-51-0-62283800-1340436120_thumb.jpg

GH, I actually find myself envious of your unproduced blanks.

Ah, that's cool! That was awesome of you to do, YB.

There's some great pictures coming into this thread now & I'm guessing you've had enough of the boring ol' multiples ....thankyou all for letting me indulge myself.

The rarities in this thread have been very cool to see, but I've actually enjoyed your photos of multiples the most. I don't own any multiples myself, and nothing MOC, but from this thread I've definitely come to appreciate how fantastic a single Minimate (or even a single Minimate pack) can look repeated en masse.

I'm pleased to hear it battlecat ,thanks mate :thumbsup:

The more I delve & organise the more I find ,you may have seen these before but here's some fresh pictures of Tony Hawks (who he?) ,Crouching Tiger & Kiss,The Early Years with a Dark Angel groupie & Alice.....WTF is Alice?

post-638-0-20781400-1340491874_thumb.jpg post-638-0-02620400-1340491894_thumb.jpg post-638-0-50531200-1340491919_thumb.jpg post-638-0-79852100-1340491942_thumb.jpg

I'd really like to display this sort of stuff but it is so very delicate it isn't worth it .

Edited by buttheadsmate

It's not a competition but there are only two members here who have a higher Trade Feedback than I.... Boyd & Shanester ,2 great friends of mine. I trade heavily here......I even trade with you Dino

You've always been a generous and wonderful person to trade with Rob. Interesting fact - out of all the trades I've done on the forum, only two have ended bad for me. The forum has been a great place to trade - except for those two jerks.

I always wondered where the Tony Hawk stuff went. I like this thread mostly because I see now that a lot of the unproduced stuff did actually go to collectors like myself. Its easy not to be jealous because I know you guys appreciate the stuff as much as I do.

Here's my Bomber-mate :)

And also a proto I was given a few years ago now - the original White Queen, given to me due to my love for her fabulous cleavage :biggrin: You can see the paint caked on, obscuring the joints, and also the fact that the base colour was a very fetching purple :wub:

post-30-0-28643000-1340645789_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-87880600-1340645884_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-63446500-1340645899_thumb.jpg

I'll take more pics of my protos and rarities once I get some new cases. The painted protos are very delicate and I'd like to get them better secured.

I always wondered where the Tony Hawk stuff went. I like this thread mostly because I see now that a lot of the unproduced stuff did actually go to collectors like myself. Its easy not to be jealous because I know you guys appreciate the stuff as much as I do.

I think that's the nice thing about this community and why it is still on my radar...they seem to appreciate things. Once I get my collection in order I'll post some more pics.

Exactly. I didn't know you had those 3" prototypes, Rob, but now I can rest easy knowing that they're well cared for.

Here's my Bomber:

BomberScene.jpg

-- wait! What? Where the hell...

Ah, he's out playing with the fun kids (again):

BomberFunCrowd.jpg

Other than Danny (Divebomb), am I the only one who opened my Bomber Mate?