UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate pictures you'd rather not see.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my last post there have been some very interesting comments & I'm very pleased that most of you reading it are perhaps enjoying it....I'm grateful that most of the people posting are able to see my motives .

All comments are welcome ....all of them.... & I'm watching the 'view counter' which will tell me when to close the thread.

Thanks BTW for the compliments ,always welcome.

Thoughts:

According to MMDB the SDCC 2003 Yellow MIB is still the only 'english' packaged item that I'm aware that's missing from my MIB packaged collection.....in reality I'm therefore missing a label :rolleyes:

I enjoy the packaged MIB 'mates but I of course love handling/posing loose stuff ,I have 2 Silver Spideys & 1 Gold Spidey(I have sold as many) none of which are packaged .Despite my OCD I fail to see why adding a plastic/numbered bag with a number on it would :

a) give me more pleasure

a) entice me to pay a fortune for a bag

Cylons : These guys are a bugger to pose & leave on display & considering the fact that I always keep everything that is loose in a ziplock I rarely get them up for a pic ....out the bag in the bag blah blah blah.

15,000 Minimates ? I'm not sure ...if you consider that there are perhaps 1400 different Minimates & I have in most cases at least 6 of each & in most cases more (than I'll say) then I reckon I'm there :lol:

C3 ? Oh boy oh boy !!!! Now that's the line I put my shirt on & very nearly lost it :unsure: Is that the line with the rare Martian Manhunter ?.....I'll see what I can do.

Maximates ...most Sentinels I ever had at one time was 8 but 2 went with me to SDCC 2010 & another got sold around the same time .....I'll do that one soon.

Here's a few precious little 'mates ,some are probably valuable on the open-market whilst some are valueless . One or two are priceless however & have memories attached to them ... esp.the Thor custom that Timbo gave me at SDCC 2008 . No spoiler required with these ........

post-638-0-05262900-1339754904_thumb.jpg post-638-0-20332700-1339754957_thumb.jpg post-638-0-83015500-1339754987_thumb.jpg post-638-0-97814500-1339755045_thumb.jpg post-638-0-80008700-1339755152_thumb.jpg

It's all very sobering to think what some of those guys at the DST offices must have .....I hope they lock their doors . :devil:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Really like those last pics. Some cool examples of Luke's Frankenmates, I won't talk about the naked guys, love the production shots and I've recognized Nervous'(?) Chaplin mates. Very cool. One thing I have to ask: what's with the civilian Logan missing an arm there?

Really like those last pics. Some cool examples of Luke's Frankenmates, I won't talk about the naked guys, love the production shots and I've recognized Nervous'(?) Chaplin mates. Very cool. One thing I have to ask: what's with the civilian Logan missing an arm there?

I steer clear of customs in general Bob because where would it lead :( Chaplin on the other hand was something I just had to have .

Civilian Logan came with the other batch of test-shot/proto/whatevers & I believe it to be some sort of painted pre-production item. He's 'different' when scrutinised ,he's hand painted yet almost identical to the production item ....make sense? His provenance suggests that he is something other than a Minimate sans arm & I keep him separate for that reason.

Nice collection! Protos/Test shots are my weakness, and I love seeing Mountain Dew Hulk any chance I get! :)

Don't you also have one of the sample Goblins from the cancelled Target wave? One of these days I'll get a picture of my proto collection. Aren't Collector Cases great for these things?

Edited by youbastards

Let it be known that 'grumbleheadsmate' moaned like hell about those cases until he actually got hold of one or two.....they're not perfect but they're great for storing your beauties. Pity they never came with a highly collectable rarity that would almost make the case seem...er.. free ?

Target (?) Goblin ....the best Minimate we never had. post-638-0-96165600-1339758395_thumb.jpg

There was to be a Target exclusive Spider-Man wave, but it was cancelled. The 'mates from the Spider-Man boxset (with Hydro-Man) were some of those mates from the cancelled wave, but Gobby never saw the light of day. I believe Iron Spidey was originally going to be in that wave too, before getting moved to the AFX Civil War boxset.

Some have made their way to eBay, and Rob and I both got ours from the same seller in China.

Some have made their way to eBay, and Rob and I both got ours from the same seller in China.

If I recall I was outbid on Goblin . Later that member then sold it to me ....who that member is I forget.

Youbastards isn't it about time you showed me that Ghost Rider wave ?

1339755682[/url]' post='232281']

Since my last post there have been some very interesting comments & I'm very pleased that most of you reading it are perhaps enjoying it....I'm grateful that most of the people posting are able to see my motives .

All comments are welcome ....all of them.... & I'm watching the 'view counter' which will tell me when to close the thread.

Thanks BTW for the compliments ,always welcome.

Thoughts:

According to MMDB the SDCC 2003 Yellow MIB is still the only 'english' packaged item that I'm aware that's missing from my MIB packaged collection.....in reality I'm therefore missing a label :rolleyes:

I enjoy the packaged MIB 'mates but I of course love handling/posing loose stuff ,I have 2 Silver Spideys & 1 Gold Spidey(I have sold as many) none of which are packaged .Despite my OCD I fail to see why adding a plastic/numbered bag with a number on it would :

a) give me more pleasure

a) entice me to pay a fortune for a bag

Cylons : These guys are a bugger to pose & leave on display & considering the fact that I always keep everything that is loose in a ziplock I rarely get them up for a pic ....out the bag in the bag blah blah blah.

15,000 Minimates ? I'm not sure ...if you consider that there are perhaps 1400 different Minimates & I have in most cases at least 6 of each & in most cases more (than I'll say) then I reckon I'm there :lol:

C3 ? Oh boy oh boy !!!! Now that's the line I put my shirt on & very nearly lost it :unsure: Is that the line with the rare Martian Manhunter ?.....I'll see what I can do.

Maximates ...most Sentinels I ever had at one time was 8 but 2 went with me to SDCC 2010 & another got sold around the same time .....I'll do that one soon.

Here's a few precious little 'mates ,some are probably valuable on the open-market whilst some are valueless . One or two are priceless however & have memories attached to them ... esp.the Thor custom that Timbo gave me at SDCC 2008 . No spoiler required with these ........

post-638-0-05262900-1339754904_thumb.jpg post-638-0-20332700-1339754957_thumb.jpg post-638-0-83015500-1339754987_thumb.jpg post-638-0-97814500-1339755045_thumb.jpg post-638-0-80008700-1339755152_thumb.jpg

It's all very sobering to think what some of those guys at the DST offices must have .....I hope they lock their doors . :devil:

After seeing a couple of those customs, have I found a fellow Aquaman fan? :) I don't usually do dc customs, but I may have to try the handless one.

Very cool collection btw. Where are the joe and cobra promos from?

After seeing a couple of those customs, have I found a fellow Aquaman fan? :) I don't usually do dc customs, but I may have to try the handless one.

Very cool collection btw. Where are the joe and cobra promos from?

That Aqua guy is very very fragile & I wouldn't dare pose him anywhere...he's superb.

Agh the Joes & Cobras ......the first time I posted pictures of them I was nearly lynched :tongue:

Long long story which I'm not telling. Sorry.

Youbastards isn't it about time you showed me that Ghost Rider wave ?

Here is a quick pic I took before heading out to work.

IMAG0299-1.jpg

The Wave 15 Ghost Rider 'mates.

- Roxanne is a QC using one of the Sand Serif heads from Spirit, the hairpiece is the only thing that is from the cancelled GR wave.

- Caretaker is a test shot, with custom made hat/hair and shovel.

- Blackheart is 100% test shot

- Mephistopheles is 100% test shot

The rest of these are all test shots or early production samples.

- Wave 2 Spideys appear to be production samples, they all have numbers written on the back of one of the feet.

- Gold / Silver Spidey are Test Shots

- Sue Storm and Blade are both production samples

- Stealth Iron Man is the dark grey/blue production sample, minus the helmet :(

- Bullseye is the dark blue/purple production sample

- Green Goblin is the same production sample Rob has.

- The 'mate to the left of Bullseye is a prototype BSG Apollo

- The mate to the right of Blade is one of my treasures, a sample "Transporter effect" 'mate from Star Trek that was never produced. He needs to make an appearance on Translucent Tuesday Fight Club!

- The parts are all random prototype parts in white and transparent plastic.

I also have 4 nudes and 5 clear transparent 2" 'mates, but didn't get a picture of those.

Edited by youbastards

Very difficult to get a good shot of this guy but here goes .........

post-638-0-05308100-1339768671_thumb.jpg post-638-0-95846200-1339768708_thumb.jpg post-638-0-93226400-1339768745_thumb.jpg post-638-0-82699700-1339768794_thumb.jpg

I love this toy but it is so bloody fragile it just wouldn't last 5 minutes otside of a box .....so it's gone straight back into one :(

The nice comments are an incentive to hunt out more stuff ...I'm currently hunting for my Pink C3 prototype Batmobile .

Is the MAX Spidey more fragile then Galactus and the Sentinel? I guess, if it's just a proto, that makes sense.

BTW, the shots with all the Spider-Women look like some kind of weird sex dream Peter Parker had....:huh:

I just found another mixed case in my black hole closet. The sad thing is that some of the figures in this case I forgot I had and added them to my wants list. Time to revise.

I never thought of using the collector case to store my rarities. I have the protos of all the GSXM, first hulk, bullseye, and a few others. I have a few test shots as well.

The darker colored Bullseye also has the "crosshair" scar on the face tampo under the mask that Bullseye had in the comic around the time the DD movie came out. Marvel made DST remove the scar from the final release as they didn't have the "movie rights" at the time, even though as mentioned before he had it in the comics.

I'll try to remember to take photos tonight YB. Protos and test shots have long been an obsession of mine. I've always wanted that light green gamma Hulk. I did manage to pick up one of the unproduced LOTR Orcs.

Very difficult to get a good shot of this guy but here goes .........

post-638-0-05308100-1339768671_thumb.jpg post-638-0-95846200-1339768708_thumb.jpg post-638-0-93226400-1339768745_thumb.jpg post-638-0-82699700-1339768794_thumb.jpg

I love this toy but it is so bloody fragile it just wouldn't last 5 minutes otside of a box .....so it's gone straight back into one :(

The nice comments are an incentive to hunt out more stuff ...I'm currently hunting for my Pink C3 prototype Batmobile .

Those pics of the Max Spidey covered in Spider-Woman (Spider-Women) are fantastics! Good work, fella.

Ah the memories.

I think most/all of my "cool stuff" has long gone to new homes in order to continue the spread of Toy Karma and to finance the continued existence of my children.

That said in the next few months I have to rebuild a large chunk of my house, which means liberating things from storage... who knows what I still have! (probably nothing!)

Although I know I have a lot of Art Asylum shit somewhere (N the Box, Tony Hawks 3 3/4" figures etc)

Thanks for sharing these amazing pics BHM! I love seeing others collections and yours is astounding! You helped me back in the day complete my DC collection by trading for something from the C3 line (can't remember which one though) and I am so grateful!