UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1966 Batman TV Series

1339885165[/url]' post='232659']

Well, in this case i'll just say that Battlestar Galactica, Rocky, Beverly Hills Cop, and Godfather are still on their way. Those rad Tony Hawks too. But, "whatever, man." :rolleyes:

Except those properties are over. No media tie ins. DC is still going strong, with movies, cartoons, direct DVDs, comics, and merchandise. They have a continued presence that could warrant revisiting a property such as minimates. The JLU line "died" many times over the years, yet there's still 3-packs coming this year via mattycollector, long after its many deaths.

Just my 2 cents...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1339885165[/url]' post='232659']

Well, in this case i'll just say that Battlestar Galactica, Rocky, Beverly Hills Cop, and Godfather are still on their way. Those rad Tony Hawks too. But, "whatever, man." :rolleyes:

Except those properties are over. No media tie ins. DC is still going strong, with movies, cartoons, direct DVDs, comics, and merchandise. They have a continued presence that could warrant revisiting a property such as minimates. The JLU line "died" many times over the years, yet there's still 3-packs coming this year via mattycollector, long after its many deaths.

Just my 2 cents...

JLU interest from Mattel died, but they still had the license to produce them. That's different; DST never had a license per say, it was a cooperation/compromise with DC Direct. So, just like BSG (which DOES have a prequel coming out) and the others, DST can't make product for them.

IE, dead.

Of course they *can* come back. No one denies that. It's a matter of if they will or won't. And no, Monkeycrumb, i don't work for DST, but i've read almost all the Q & As and it's very easy to recall the MULTIPLE times they've openly stated they are not pursuing DC and that it is ALL in DCD's court.

And DST, Chuck personally, has said never actually. I believe his exact words were "I know i say 'never say never,' but..."He openly admits Rocky, Beverly Hills Cop, Godfather, and BSG are all done, hence them being my examples.

Hope springs eternal, certainly, but reality and expectations are two different things and we're no more wrong for saying they're dead. (For the record, Ma Hunkel was one of the FIRST figures they produced. YOUR examples were from Waves 20 and up. Marvel didn't waste time on the most obscure of their characters. Amusing.)

Can you recall the time they've openly stated we weren't getting Kang about a week or two before he was announced? Do you think they openly discuss every business plan they make with the public? Do you think it makes good sense for a business to drone ON and ON about "we want this license", because you think they will get a better deal at the bargaining table?

Do you actually believe everything a company tells you? Do you need to see everything in writing before you can believe anything for yourself? Have you never been to Comic-Con and actually spoken to any of the DST staff?

Do you like waffling back and forth between claiming "never", "it's dead", and "sure, maybe they can bring it back" so you don't seem like a complete fool if it were to come back?

But, don't mind me. You are a super fan, you read everything they print on the internet and you buy all their toyz, so you're, like, an expert man! That Kang minimate is just a figment of your imagination because they denied he was coming. It's all a trick, DST would never mislead you.

I dunno, I think one of the big appeals of that line while it was running was that it touched on many parts of the DCU. In retrospect, if AA knew that they'd only get eight waves, they'd probably have dropped some guys like Ambush Bug in order to finish off some lineups and get all the big guys out. But I'm really glad I've got an Ambush Bug Minimate.

I'm all about obscure-o characters, as well, but I think companies need a strategy of appropriately mixing and matching those guys with your Batmen to ensure a line's longevity. I actually think Mattel did a pretty good job of this with their DCUC lineup for the longest time, before tripping up a bit at the end (though they had released the majority of the most desirable figures at that point anyway).

Edited by karamazov80

Okay, you know what? I've had it with you. You have been nothing but a snarky ass for 2 weeks now. You've been in here, trolling other people's posts, digging up articles pages just to throw it in people's faces. I have no ideas what you're problem is, but I don't like it. You don't care what people think of you? Fine. You don't care. But welcome to my ignore list. Eventually, when enough people get sick of you, you'll either leave, or everyone will have ignored you, and it will essentially be the same thing. Just, go troll 4chan where you belong, because you're stinking up my home.

And don't bother replying, because I can't see you. :rolleyes:

I've disliked you for a long time. You slandered me in another thread, made a lot of false statements about me personally, and never could bother to get off your high horse to apologize. You are more full of yourself than anyone else here on the board and I really don't care that an opinionated jerk like you doesn't like me back. You love throwing your opinion in people's faces as if they are facts and you are frequently rude to everyone.

You, Dinobot, are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black! Snarky rudeness has been your stock in trade. My two weeks of snarkyness doesn't compare to your several years of it.

As for anyone else who might get their precious feather's ruffled by what I say, maybe they need to take a closer look at themselves first. I'm sick of the browbeating people do here where they think their opinion is all that matters, and treat those who disagree with them as wrong. Two-face's post was a perfect example of this. I'm sick of the select few people who get so high and mighty towards others here who have a different opinion. Especially when they try to pass off their feelings and opinions as fact.

I don't think this represents a majority of the people here, just a few. But when those few are as loud as, say, Dinobrat here, I think my point has been made.

I'll agree with The Eagles that everyone needs to take it easy, but I think MC has a point too. If this isn't your thing, that's fine. Just don't browbeat folks that wouldn't mind seeing this or the return of DC Mates. Given the amount of threads, there's plenty to keep your interest elsewhere :mellow:

Seconded!

Now I know we're on Minimate Multiverse, but let's step away from the slippery slope of sanity that is DC Minimates. Since we CAN get toys from this kickass nostalgic awesomeness now... what not-minimates do you guys want?

Personally I'd like to see LEGO expand their LEGO Batman theme and take this on. Have LEGO figures styled around the 1966 Batman show. I'd certainly get myself some LEGO Adam West and the cheesy beauty that could come from that. Other than them I'd like to see this get some old school like... Mego figures. Something like that. Either way it would be awesome.

Are you member of the BD forum Trekker? I keep seeing someone over there with a similar handle and wondered if that was you. I'm not a Lego fan, but I could see DC going that route with the license they've been given. Still, I got into Mates for Mates and not the C3 blocks. So I'd love to see the line make a comeback. Honestly, I'm just hoping they run with the license and don't limit it to bobble heads, t-shirts and other niche products. I'm not sure if I posted here or not, but I'd love to see the Bat-Phone. Given what I paid for the bust, I think it would be a nice center piece.

Are you member of the BD forum Trekker? I keep seeing someone over there with a similar handle and wondered if that was you. I'm not a Lego fan, but I could see DC going that route with the license they've been given. Still, I got into Mates for Mates and not the C3 blocks. So I'd love to see the line make a comeback. Honestly, I'm just hoping they run with the license and don't limit it to bobble heads, t-shirts and other niche products. I'm not sure if I posted here or not, but I'd love to see the Bat-Phone. Given what I paid for the bust, I think it would be a nice center piece.

BD? Never even heard of it. Sorry to disappoint.

Right, I'm high and mighty for not listening to DST when they say it's all up to DCD and have for years, just because YOU think it'll come back. :rolleyes:

If you hadn't noticed, you stopped making points and started making accusing questions towards mine. Meaning, you've run out of things to say and want a response.

So yea, i'm done with this argument. Everything you've accused everyone of, Monkey, is EXACTLY what you're doing yourself, so i think you're the one who needs to take a step back and grab a mirror.

Wait, one last thing, i campaigned for Kang. And, since i am a "super-fan buying all their toyz," they never said "no," they jokingly said he wasn't planned or that they didn't know who Kang was. But you're right, anyone else except you is "high and mighty" and plain wrong, obviously.

OKIE DOKIE, moving on. :sweat: I want Mattel to get a license. Such fun, wacky designs i'd love to mix in with the rest of my figures. My only fear is that they'll make them Movie Masters scale; the only thing in that line :in scale" with DCUC is Catwoman, who is amazing, but is out of scale with her own line. Sigh.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Cosbaby Adam West Batman :yes:

LOL

Well,sideshow will release comic style 12 inch dc figures. Both new 52 and classic costumes.

Yeah, but Hot Toys is better suited to live action figures.

Cosbaby Adam West Batman :yes:

LOL

Well,sideshow will release comic style 12 inch dc figures. Both new 52 and classic costumes.

Yeah, but Hot Toys is better suited to live action figures.

This. I've wavered back and forth on Sideshow's Alec Trevelyan and can't pull the trigger because of how doll-like he is. Hot Toys should get the license, not Sideshow.

• 7 months later...

Last week, WB announced that after years of negotiating with Fox, they finally have the licnesing rights to the 1966 Batman TV series starring Adam West and Burt Ward. This week, at the Licensing Show in Las Vegas, WBCP will open the floodgates and preview new products based on the show.

I'm hopeful that someone from DST will be making that trip and take time to visit the WBCP booth to inquire about the rights. I get the impression that this property will be licensed separately from the umbrella Batman brand as is often the case with other DC properties. This would be a great opportunity not only for Minimates but plenty of other products DST offers. I just want DST to get their foot in that door before Mezco does. I don't want Mez-Itz, damn it, I want Minimates.

Here's a blurb from License! Global.

We can forget about Minimates based on the '66 Batman series. Mezco has been granted the license. Oh well.