UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1966 Batman TV Series

Last week, WB announced that after years of negotiating with Fox, they finally have the licnesing rights to the 1966 Batman TV series starring Adam West and Burt Ward. This week, at the Licensing Show in Las Vegas, WBCP will open the floodgates and preview new products based on the show.

I'm hopeful that someone from DST will be making that trip and take time to visit the WBCP booth to inquire about the rights. I get the impression that this property will be licensed separately from the umbrella Batman brand as is often the case with other DC properties. This would be a great opportunity not only for Minimates but plenty of other products DST offers. I just want DST to get their foot in that door before Mezco does. I don't want Mez-Itz, damn it, I want Minimates.

Here's a blurb from License! Global.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a little unclear about the announcement. Does it also mean that they've secured the rights to the actual show? It's never been released on DVD because Fox owns the show, while WB (now; they didn't in '66) owns the characters. I would expect DCD or Mattel to make a figure line, but there's no mention of that. Anyway, yeah, I'd probably buy the Minimates.

It's never been released on DVD because Fox owns the show, while WB (now; they didn't in '66) owns the characters. .

"Holy Multi-Region DVD Player Batman" http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Batman-The-Complete-Animated-TV-Series-10-DVD-BOX-SET-NEW-/350565083699?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item519f4eaa33 :thumbsup:

I loved the show in the 60' & I still find myself watching it again now but ....you just had to be there to really appreciate

what this show was all about & I'm not sure people really get it anymore ?

Minimates? I'd buy the hell out of them.

The show was fun for kids and a laugh for adults. Just as it was meant to be. The movie that jump started the series is great.

A Cesar Romero minimate?! Hell yeah!

FUCK YEAH I want minimates based off of the Adam West Batman TV show! Frank Gorshin, Burgess Meredith, Caesar Romero, f**king George Sanders as Freeze, West himself, and you could get in two Catwomen Julie Newmar and Ertha Kitt (Unless the movie is included in this. Then they can do 3: Lee Merryweather)

This would be an EPIC toyline. I want in. Let's do it.

At least one character from the show has already been Minimated .

You mean a character developed for the show?

No... an existing 60's character from another show featured in an episode ...he fought Robin. The actor that played him has been Minimated .

Bruce Lee!

Urban legend has it that the idea was for Robin to beat Kato, but Bruce Lee said there was absolutely no way he was going to lose a fight to Burt Ward. Therefore Kato and Robin have some sort of gentlemans agreement draw if I remember it right?

As for the Bruce Lee minimates, never managed to get them. Seen them on eBay every now and then, but always a bit too expensive for me.

Edit: back on topic, I would also buy mates from this show and would buy so many Batmobiles it might as well be an army builder!

Edited by UK Collector

Makes me wonder how fruitful pursuing this would be. Surely DC still has *some* licensing rights since they keep releasing Batmobiles by various companies, and considering it's Batman.

But no, Kostis. It won't bring back DC. DC is dead, for pretty much ever. Everyone needs to accept that already.

Makes me wonder how fruitful pursuing this would be. Surely DC still has *some* licensing rights since they keep releasing Batmobiles by various companies, and considering it's Batman.

But no, Kostis. It won't bring back DC. DC is dead, for pretty much ever. Everyone needs to accept that already.

I know that they are dead. But hope dies last!

I know that they are dead. But hope dies last!

Alexander Pope once said that Hope Springs Eternal in the Human Breast.

But remember the next line in his poem: Man never is, but always to be blessed.

We may have hope but we are not gonna have minimates. I just keep that sig because I'm ALWAYS on Batman's side. No matter what.

Anyway... I have to say I love that guy who put this entire series on youtube. And know what? It'll be hard to have someone claim the copyright on him because nobody knows who REALLY has the copyright. :D

It's never been released on DVD because Fox owns the show, while WB (now; they didn't in '66) owns the characters. .

"Holy Multi-Region DVD Player Batman" http://www.ebay.co.u...=item519f4eaa33 :thumbsup:

I loved the show in the 60' & I still find myself watching it again now but ....you just had to be there to really appreciate

Unless I'm missing something, that's a link for the complete animated Batman shows; does it include the live action show?

"Holy Multi-Region DVD Player Batman" http://www.ebay.co.u...=item519f4eaa33 :thumbsup:

Unless I'm missing something, that's a link for the complete animated Batman shows; does it include the live action show?

I'm a dumbass ,I knew I'd seen the TV series advertised somewhere ....saw what I thought was the best version & failed to read the listing ....my bad.

Try this instead http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BATMAN-TV-SERIES-120-EPISODES-ON-DVD-1960s-/370621781602?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item564ac79662

I wasn't trying to be a clever-ass & I'm still not ....just relaying the fact that you can get it. I also doubt whether it will be top quality.

Well,IF we get minimates of them and they sell well,then maybe,just maybe dc mates will be again a possibillity.

I see no reason why Minimates hasn't been a possibility since DC Direct stopped producing them.

I know that DST doesn't go after licenses exclusively for Minimates though I do believe there are exceptions to that rule (DC and Star Wars, for example). Either way, if DST could get this property for multiple categories – banks, props, statues, neon signs, retro cloth figures, AND Minimates – it would certainly be bigger than The Munsters or Ghostbusters. I mean, "Holy nostalgia, Batman."

As for competition, I don't know how much success Mezco is enjoying with the DC license. They certainly aren't cranking out DC Mez-Itz as fast as Marvel Minimates. But if I'm right and this property is separately licensed, there's nothing stopping DST from having that conversation with WBCP. Acquiring this property and making it successful could very well open the door to more DC product, including 'mates. B)