UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/4 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Anyone here interested in these things? Enterbay and Hot Toys seem to think that they will be the next big thing. And they are big. Enterbay's Rambo 3 went up for pre-order today. Previously, they released a Terminator 2 T-800, and have Robocop, Rocky, and Batman Begins/Dark Knight figures in the pipeline. Hot Toys is doing the Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Predator, and Terminator 1 (including Endoskeleton) figures in this scale, at least. Some I will surely be tempted by. In fact, I'm pretty tempted by this, even though I think it is the worst Rambo movie:

550396_453814557964711_1479329006_n.jpg

69464edegw1dtque3zgnwj.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, other than the occasional statue, I don't buy much over 1/6 scale, so these new series are going to be a pass for me. I think ultimately 1/4 figures, even though they look nice, will end up being a fad. These companies are making these because they can, but is there really a huge demand for them?

I feel similarly in some ways, but there is no denying the presence that a 1/4 scale piece can give to your collection. I'm thinking that I will pick some up, but only the most extremely iconic characters, or my favorites. Batman Begins, Predator, T1 T-800, maybe Joker. Marty McFly would be nice :D

Also, if there's a Giant Man in Avengers 2, then a 1/4 scale version of him when he's, uh, regular human height would be a must buy for display next to my other 1/6 scale Avengers.

I feel similarly in some ways, but there is no denying the presence that a 1/4 scale piece can give to your collection. I'm thinking that I will pick some up, but only the most extremely iconic characters, or my favorites. Batman Begins, Predator, T1 T-800, maybe Joker. Marty McFly would be nice :D

Also, if there's a Giant Man in Avengers 2, then a 1/4 scale version of him when he's, uh, regular human height would be a must buy for display next to my other 1/6 scale Avengers.

Wouldn't a 1/4 scale McFly already be 1/6 scale??? :P

Yeah, if it were a character like Giant Man, then it would be a definite buy from me. Thanks for asterisking my original comment for me. :thumbsup:

The craftsmanship on that is amazing! But i'll never buy one.

my gf begrudgingly drew the line at 1:6 hot toys. if i roll in with one of these she will make fun of me. hard. i'm talking making fun of me to my face AND online bullying via facebook & instagram photos, complete with comments of people joining in and supporting her views.

There is no "it Gets Better" video for toy collecting...

I just can't get into this scale. The Enterbay stuff looks great, but still doesn't make me want to buy them. The choice of characters has a little to do with this. There is no way I could have a quarter scale Sly Stallone staring at me every day.

Too much money.

At $400 (and pretty much guaranteed only to get more expensive from here), they definitely aren't cheap. But considering that high end 1/6th scale figures cost half that on average, I think the price so far is fair for these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, it looks great, but I'm reserving 1/4 scale for characters I truly care about. Uncle Bob ain't one of them, great though the movie is and fantastic though the figure looks! Now the real Terminator from T1. . .