UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Uncanny PhoeniX-Men!

House of Ideas, baby!! :buttrock:

These are the guys that gave us "Sins Past" and "One More Day," among other ridiculous crap.

its not like the Distinguished Competition is really any better...lets just cancel everything and relaunch it all and then when our biggest competition has a gay character getting married we will randomly have a bigger name be gay in this new version of our books...and by this time next year it'll make no difference as we will undo this new universe and put everything back the way it was before

Jeff of the miniacs

I am . . . . reasonably sure . . . that we are not getting a *SPOILER* box set. I think that with the Box/Vindicator set that has been announced, Alpha flight are still a pretty good bet.

I am . . . . reasonably sure . . . that we are not getting a *SPOILER* box set. I think that with the Box/Vindicator set that has been announced, Alpha flight are still a pretty good bet.

I am really hoping its an Alpha Flight set, but I'm thinking they might save it for NYCC

The Uncanny PhoeniX-Men!

House of Ideas, baby!! :buttrock:

These are the guys that gave us "Sins Past" and "One More Day," among other ridiculous crap.

its not like the Distinguished Competition is really any better...lets just cancel everything and relaunch it all and then when our biggest competition has a gay character getting married we will randomly have a bigger name be gay in this new version of our books...and by this time next year it'll make no difference as we will undo this new universe and put everything back the way it was before

Jeff of the miniacs

Touche, sir

Mock Spoiler

By the end of AvX the Phoenix Force, now complete, will "cut" the 616 universe from the point where it sacrificed itself at the end of the "Dark Phoenix Saga" retconing history so that it becomes the White Phoenix at that point. All 616 comics will be completely changed and most titles will be heavy with flashbacks to events that took place in the missing years. Then next year the big event will be where someone realizes that something isn't right and they have to make a decision whether to "fix" reality or maintain the status quo (determined of course by the year's sales figures). Then everything will go back to the way it was either as 616 or another universe just in time for another universe changing event.

Except that I'm pretty sure, based on what I just outside of brackets, I know exactly what everyone else already said.

Can I agree with this and humbly ask that all AvX conversations that have nothing to do with Minimates be talked about in another thread? I have no right to ask this, but am asking anyway. For some reason, I still want to be (sadly) surprised by this comic series, but still want to read about SDCC stuff.

And along those lines, even if the other set is an Alpha Flight AFX exclusive, you can't count out the TRU poll exclusive as possibly being the Avengers side of AvX.

I talked to the guys at AFX a few days ago. There is some last minute details that are keeping them from revealing their EX, but we should have news very soon. (Just getting back on topic)

I'm going to honour 'Hog's request about spoiling but there are some serious characters coming back in the AvX story-line at the moment & it's not rocket science to figure out who they are . Just saying.

...I'm just saying because if these characters are on AFX's roster then blame AFX for spoiling. :biggrin:

And along those lines, even if the other set is an Alpha Flight AFX exclusive, you can't count out the TRU poll exclusive as possibly being the Avengers side of AvX.

You might be on to something there. I could see TRU ask for more Avengers product this year.

I'm kind of wondering if there's going to be a TRU exclusive set for SDCC at all. They've had one for the past few years, but the MvC3 set from last year seems to have done pretty badly (still seeing pegs full of them at clearance prices).

On the hopeful side, they didn't announce their exclusives last year until July 1. But, Zach has said there aren't any other Marvel sets aside from the AvX one and whatever AFX is going to reveal, so I'm not sure what other franchise it would be. Maybe a Walking Dead set?

I'm kind of wondering if there's going to be a TRU exclusive set for SDCC at all. They've had one for the past few years, but the MvC3 set from last year seems to have done pretty badly (still seeing pegs full of them at clearance prices).

On the hopeful side, they didn't announce their exclusives last year until July 1. But, Zach has said there aren't any other Marvel sets aside from the AvX one and whatever AFX is going to reveal, so I'm not sure what other franchise it would be. Maybe a Walking Dead set?

I thought it was from the yet-unannounced 80's property?