UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

I will for sure get the X-Men set (but will be throwing Jugger-lossus into the parts bin immediately).

Dude, I'd gladly take the Jugger-lossus off your hands since it is the only one I want from that set!!

Also, can we have something other than Battle Damage Spiderman???

That one always seems to hit my parts bin.

Edited by jcastick

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe i'm just dumb but why would Spider-Woman need an update? I can see maybe for a newer hairpiece instead of the Jean Grey one but everything else is great IMO. It's a classic costume with no accessories. It doesn't need a ton of detail.

Having said that if she was to be included in a box set for SDCC I would be ok with that.

It'd be nice to get a new Scarlet Witch in the incredibly likely AvX "Avengers" set.

Zach, can you tell us how many Marvel boxed sets still haven't been shown?

That'd really help me with what I vote for on the series 50 poll.

Edited by Mystery Man

While we're at it, my vote for an AvX Avengers set would be:

Bleeding Edge Iron Man

Protector

Cat-Beast

Mockingbird

...or, as MM just suggested, sub in Scarlet Witch. Personally, I'd put her in place of Protector, as he's barely done anything his entire stint.

3) I doubt they'll do that on the show. 4) If you're watching that terrible show, spoilers are the least of your worries.

#3 I think you're wrong

#4 you like to push your opinions on others. The show is great but not a clone of the books. We get it, you don't like it.

Kirkman has flat out said in an interview that he regrets takin Rick's hand in the books as it is somewhat limiting at times, and therefore - coupled with the difficulty of recreating the look in a satisfactory way - is against it happening on the show.

Edited by Mnemosis

Avengers AvX boxset could include:

Modern Luke Cage

Mockingbird

SpiderWoman

Thing in white

SpiderWoman could use a remake because the paint just looks better compared to older mms. Mockingbird isn't a big role in that storyline but it could just be a way for more characters to be released. Wasp in Yellow from the show would be sweet. Cat Beast in Space suit.Protector. Hezbula would've been cool addition to XMen boxset. I feel like SDCC boxsets can get away without having an A-Lister and when they do like Battle Damaged Wolverine,they sometimes receive poor reception. Red Hulk prolly doesn't need another release just yet. You can get his hair from the first Rulk to make the current costume.

freaking love that AVX set, will be buying all exclusives this year, maybe extra for that cyclops.

also...snarf...snarf

Edited by undeadpool

That Spiderman Lizard set looks so uninspired... will pick it up just to be a completist but I am really hating the slight differences.

That Battle Beast needs some armor and it is WAYYYY TOO large next to Vorin. I don't want a bunny minimate larger than an Elephant Battle Beast minimate. Why sell or display something that doesn't represent the series?

Walking Dead looks pretty plain.... straight forward.

Sigh... I'll get a couple extra AvX 4-packs and wait for the next release...

I learned my lesson & I'm just hoping the actual 'mates will be a bit more exciting than what we're currently seeing. I just can't believe that that Dragonfly 'beast won't have Wasp's (van Dyne's ) wings which I have always thought were superb,these look opaque . Why on earth pick this character first ....there must be a rational ,logical reason why such a complicated character is being rolled out so early ? So many untried parts in one character is IMO too much too early & I just can't focus on what I'm actually seeing & when I do I don't like it.....here's hoping the actual figure looks way better.

You got it all wrong, BHM. We created him because all of those parts ARE tested -- we've used them all before! If we'd used any Series 1 parts, they definitely would have been untested. Just getting tooled samples now, and they need work.

And I can't remember any time we've shown a prototype where translucent parts were shown as translucent. Pretty sure the wings will be translucent, we just don't cast translucent wings to use in prototypes. Maybe if we'd had blue pre-made, instead of purple.

I'm not so sure .....as you might be.... that I got it all wrong.....my post says categorically that I can't believe that that ...blah blah blah ...will be opaque in my book that means that.....Oh just forget it Zach because I reckon if I said that Tuesday followed Thursday you'd argue :biggrin:

I'll concede that the GB Theatre Ghost might well be donating its body to science/minimate evolution but where's the 4-winged

torso attachment coming from?

bhm has returned from the pub his mind gone maybe he IS wrong ? He actually hopes so... he loves being wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Fastpop: Yes

Buttheadsmate: Miry is the resident database for all things everything. He has been a stay-at-home dad for a while, and he has just got a new job.

Edited by Bucky

I'll concede that the GB Theatre Ghost might well be donating its body to science/minimate evolution but where's the 4-winged

torso attachment coming from?

Looks like it might be two different parts. The bottom part being the wing piece that comes with the Theatre Ghost and the top part from something else (Maybe Angel? I dunno)

Here's my problem. Ms Marvel has really only had 2 looks, both of which we have in Minimates, and both of which were nailed spot on the first time out. Granted, one was Moonstone, but that's neither here nor there. So what good is Ms marvel in the same costume? It'll be like the redundant Havoc coming up. A better hair piece maybe, but the weakest of the set.

And while Hawkeye has been done to death as of late, I agree he's the way to go. I don't like that particular look on Iron man, but I'd prefer him over Spidey, Wolvy and especially Cap.

Buttheadsmate: Is that some sort of trick question? If not, Miry is he resident database for all things everything.

I'm not sure if your query on whether my question is a trick question.....is a trick question?

Either way ....you never tricked me :biggrin:

Unless I haven't yet realised that you have. :unsure:

:sad:

Buttheadsmate: Miry is the resident database for all things everything. He has been a stay-at-home dad for a while, and he has just got a new job.

Without members like you ...members like me would be left in the dark, unknowing .

Where the F*%k is Zemo when you want him :angry:

No offense intended, bhm. I just was surprised you don't know our methods by now. Figured you'd be one of the first to spot the parts and question the paint job. And I would definitely argue that Tuesday does not follow Thursday, at least as general rule.

Without members like you ...members like me would be left in the dark, unknowing .

Where the F*%k is Zemo when you want him :angry:

I couldn't tell if you were serious or not, so I answered it for future reference, in case anyone doesn't know.

By Zemo, do you mean Baron Zemo, or someone else?

Buttheadsmate: Is that some sort of trick question? If not, Miry is he resident database for all things everything.

I'm not sure if your query on whether my question is a trick question.....is a trick question?

Either way ....you never tricked me :biggrin:

Unless I haven't yet realised that you have. :unsure:

:sad:

Who tricks the trickster?

Trickception.