UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, if you're allowed to say... what accessories will we see with all these sets?

I am allowed to say! But I want to say it with photos. And I'm not sure what the two-packs will have beyond what's shown, but I do have samples of the AvX set I can't wait to play with!

1338842047[/url]' post='229938']
1338841030[/url]' post='229931']

Zach, if you're allowed to say... what accessories will we see with all these sets?

I am allowed to say! But I want to say it with photos. And I'm not sure what the two-packs will have beyond what's shown, but I do have samples of the AvX set I can't wait to play with!

Well what are you waiting for, man?!

1338842047[/url]' post='229938']
1338841030[/url]' post='229931']

Well what are you waiting for, man?!

Yeah, pop that optic blast on Cyclops and snap away!

Thanks Gillbob and Geo!

Now what's the deal with Hope? All I know is that she returns some point in the future before the universe is destroyed in the Ultron War. Old Tony had it on his time stream map.

Dammit, who let Miry get a job?

I've said it before, though not for quite some time... I don't WANT 3-Inch. Part of the appeal for this line, to me, is the wealth of interchangeable parts. I don't like the monkey-wrench that different sizes throw into the works.

It annoyed me that I couldn't take Gandalf's Head and use it to make a movie Magneto, because Gandalf was too big. It annoys me that figures like Bane and Croc really can't use any of the parts/accessories from anything else I own, because nothing fits them. Not only can you not use their parts on anything, but nothing elses parts can be used on them.

I wouldn't say no to figures with DRASTICALLY different sizes... in small doses. like Galactus and Sentinels. I own the Maximates and think they're cool. And it would be awesome if they made minimates so huge.

But for figures with only SLIGHTLY bigger frames... like Hulk, or Croc... I prefer solutions like Bulked up, and the waist spacers, and powerhouse chests. I don't see where we need a whole additional scale of base figures to add a little bit of height.

------------------------

I understand the unwillingness to introduce a second scale to the line... it takes away from the spirit of what these toys ARE... why the hell do I want some random figure in my collection that has no sense of compatibility with all the rest?

It's not like this is a very high realism line in the first place...

I'm with you on the Sentinels and Galactus. It would be great if DST offered true, fully articulated Maximates for characters that enormous. I know DST can't offer figures within a certain height (which may have changed over the years) but if I had my way, Frost Giants and the Destroyer would have used the 2.5" body. Hulk would have been bulked up AND used that larger body. However, Ben Grimm looks fine simply bulked up just as Bane would have since we're talking about characters who are generally the same height as many others but they have a lot more mass. I'm not so nitpicky that I'll insist that The Boy Wonder be shorter than the Dark Knight.

I understand the aesthetic angle of preferring 'mates in one size, especially when it comes to customizing, but when it comes to characters like Giant Man and DC's Colossal Boy, I wouldn't mind seeing these figures stand out from the rest. I'd just like to see the occasional, rare larger 'mate whenever possible.

Thanks Gillbob and Geo!

Now what's the deal with Hope? All I know is that she returns some point in the future before the universe is destroyed in the Ultron War. Old Tony had it on his time stream map.

We should just make a clone of him.

Thanks Gillbob and Geo!

She's the alledged Mutant Messiah who was the first new mutant born after Decimation (Scarlet Witch's temper tantrun which wiped out all but 198 mutants). She was taken by Cable into the future for protection, and after several years she is back. Hope is believed to be the host of the phoenix force heading to Earth in AvX, and this could either reignite the mutant race (According to Cyclops) or kill us all (According to Cap). What happens to Hope and how to handle the situation is the cause of the fight in AvX.

Can I have Miry's job now?

Thanks Gillbob and Geo!

She's the alledged Mutant Messiah who was the first new mutant born after Decimation (Scarlet Witch's temper tantrun which wiped out all but 198 mutants). She was taken by Cable into the future for protection, and after several years she is back. Hope is believed to be the host of the phoenix force heading to Earth in AvX, and this could either reignite the mutant race (According to Cyclops) or kill us all (According to Cap). What happens to Hope and how to handle the situation is the cause of the fight in AvX.

You're hired.

Thanks Gillbob and Geo!

I haven't kept up on the comics for a few years, but I honestly don't think we're supposed to be completely clear on Hope's deal yet (or at least we weren't when last I checked)...

I assume at some point she'll do something catastrophic on a grand, line-wide scale... that will give Bishop his "I told you so" moment... and there will probably be some element of self-fulfilling prophecy behind it, wherein all the people who tried to drive her life will be the cause of what makes her go kablooey.

What's annoying is it certainly won't alter the Status Quo of the Marvel Universe, ultimately, but you'd really think that it should... the way Bishop was carrying on.

Afterward, everything will return to relatively normal... probably with a couple dead characters along the way... but Marvel will inevitably decide they don't want to abandon Hope as a character, and they'll write-in some sort of BS backdoor where she can still be around, but not be held at fault for everything.

I assume very heavily Bishop will be right though. Just because they painted him out so radical, and crazy, and sinister for a while there... I almost think he HAS to be right. And I kinda want him to be. Frankly I think the whole Hope fiasco kinda ruined his character. If he gets to say, "I told you so" maybe it will be the first step toward fixing/redeeming him.

I was really starting to enjoy him during his years in Xtreme X-Men, paired with Sage. Shame what they did to him.

I really, really hope we get an Avengers set with Protector, Red Hulk, a new comic BW, and a Bleeding Edge IM rerelease (He's hard to find now!).

Thanks Gillbob and Geo!

You're hired.

Awesome. What's the pay like?

I really, really hope we get an Avengers set with Protector, Red Hulk, a new comic BW, and a Bleeding Edge IM rerelease (He's hard to find now!).

I've been hoping for a Protector Minimate for awhile, now. He'd be cool to have. Spider-Woman is in more urgent need of a remake than the other three though, IMO.

Awesome. What's the pay like?

I'm not sure...what was Miry's salary, guys? :lol:

I've been hoping for a Protector Minimate for awhile, now. He'd be cool to have. Spider-Woman is in more urgent need of a remake than the other three though, IMO.

Spider-Woman could swap out for Bleeding Edge IM, but it all depends if BW is a big enough anchor for the set. If they do need an anchor, though, a BEIM rerelease or redo would be the best option.

I believe Zach has said a few times that we've pretty much seen the last of Avengers stuff for a while now... and that they're taking a break after movie overkill the last... year or so.

While I agree that Spider-Woman could use an update, I really don't see where the Avengers need another boxed set this year. Title not withstanding, I'm fine with just getting the X-Men half of this crossover. Do we really NEED more Avengers right now?

I mean some of these potential lineups I'm seeing for an Avengers half of the set have Beast and Wolverine on them. THINK about that for a second folks. lol...

(While I'd love an updated Kitty Beast... We got two great definitive Wolverines this year in MvC3 and "Best Of", one current, one classic. And we're getting a new Brown Suit in the Outback wave. I really don't see where we need another at all for a while. We're completely up-to-date on Wolverine for the moment.)

Edited by Gillbob316

So, Shane, you're really putting your chips on the T-cats, huh? :lol:

I would love for that to be the case, but I'm skeptical. First, I can't imagine that Luke wasn't a fan of the show, which IIRC, was one of the "hint/reveals" about the property from the chat last week. Second, it seems like a whale of a property for AFX to get first dibs on. DST would have to be planning a whole line, and it seems odd to premiere it with a third-party exclusive. Third, DST seems stretched a little thin with the addition of Battle Beasts, Walking Dead and SFxTekken to the stable.

But, you're buddies with Pat, so maybe you know something we don't... :D