UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ch-ch-ch-changes...

Mirymate

Well, my friends, I am nervous, excied, and more than a little scared this evening. Tomorrow I start a new job. When I first joined this board, I was self employed. That business is tied to the residential building industry, and when it completely collapsed, it took my little business with it. But our youngest was still in half day preschool at the time and any job I could have found would have had a great deal of difficulty breaking even after paying for child care. My Wife had a good job at the time, so we tightened our belts and I became a stay at home Dad. Well when he started Kindergarden this fall, I started looking for work again. Took me until the end of their school year, but I found a job. What makes me nervous isn't the work itself, it's the fact that I havn't worked for anyone but myself in almost 7 years. A boss, a timecard, company policies, co-workers... haven't had to deal with those in so long I've almost forgoten what that's like. Gonna be biting my tounge a lot the next few weeks till I get used to this again.

I leave for training in the morning, no idea what my internet access will be for the next three weeks while I'm off doing that, which is mildly frustrating with the poll and all. But considering how hard it's been to get to this point, I consider myself very blessed.

Congratulations, and possibly "I'm so sorry!" I can't imagine what it must be like going through it all just to go back, but i get the nerves. I myself start my first (!!) official job at Toys R Us (inside man?) later this week, and am feeling very uneased myself. Not sure if it's good to know those feelings don't go away! :sweat:

Good luck Miry!

Best of luck Miry, I'm sure it will be a far smoother transition than you may think.

As for a boss and difficult colleagues... you have my sympathies! It isn't aboard the hellicarrier by any chance?

Good luck, Miry. I've actually been a stay at home dad myself the last few years, and now struggling to get back into the workforce, so I can relate/sympathize. It's a LOT harder then people realize. I hope it works out for you!:biggrin:

Congrats and good luck, Miry. And remember if you find you have attractive co-workers, look but DON'T touch. I lose more jobs that way.biggrin.gif

Two-Face, congrats and good luck to you too, but the previous advice to Miry, don't worry about that. Go crazy.

Have great first days and every day after that, guys.

Thanks for all the well wishes, gang. First week weren't bad. Boss is fairly easy going. Two more weeks of training though, with limited computer access. But it's a paycheck, we likes paychecks.

And hope you're week went well as well TTF.