UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

INJUSTICE:GODS AMONG US

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=60726

Here's the link which contains the first trailer,the official press release and some screenshots. The graphics need some work but they have a lot of time till 2013. Gameplay is amazing. My only complaint is that it doesn't come out for the vita. I prefer fighting games on the go rather than playing them on my home console. Question: Zach is it possible to get this licence? Is it in dc's court like the comic mates or since it's a game different rules apply for this? For mvc3 did you get the licence from capcom or from marvel? If it's the same with the comic dc then bummer.

ok the designs look awesome, love them, and the graphics look good enough...but what am i looking at? is this a fighting game? is it gonna be DC's answer to MUA? i didnt get any feel for the actual gameplay or story...once we get a real trailer ill have a better opinion

and yes i know it IS a fighting game, just the trailer did not make me feel it

Edited by undeadpool

I wonder if Netherealm Studios knows how absolutely shitty they are at designing costumes?

FAKE EDIT: CRAP!?! Are these their actual new 52 costumes?! I just re-watched the trailer and noticed Supes and Wonder Woman look an awful lot like their New 52 looks and remembered Harley’s bi-colored hair is cannon now. Some one who knows comics better then I do explain why these are just ‘based’ on New 52 as reimagined by the MK team and not their actual cannon outfits so I can sleep better at night.

Also, MKvDC was crap, MK’11 was fun but only as an MK game, this game doesn’t have me interested in the least.

what would make me interested in this game is:

-Downloadable costumes of less hideous, more iconic looks (admitly if I could play as DKR Batman I’d buy this with no other changes I’m listing made :sad: I’m shallow like that)

-NO Fatalities (when your heroes don’t use ‘em, don’t include ‘em just because Joker might shot someone in the face)

-the promise of someone other then Ed Boon writing the storyline (the storyline to MKvDC was ass ‘hey! who’s this guy? GET HIM!’ that ‘you and I are enemies let’s fight!’ is fine for phooey kung-fu like MK, but really?! Liu Kang had no visual reference for ‘guy in tights’ he assumes Flash is a devil and fights him?! that’s called mental insanity) seriously even if it’s Geoff Johns it’d be fine.

-the promise of real voice actors this time around (now that this is a real WB product and not a Midway game, maybe give Kevin Conroy a call or just reuse the clips from Arkham City of him saying “you’re going down”, I know Mark Hamill says he’s done with the Joker game so keep John DiMaggio on speed dial if he’s serious about that)

-not everyone has a fireball (I know, people love fireballs. But people who love fighting games know not everyone NEEDS a fireball, I’m sure we’re going to see Grundy hucking chunks of the ground into the air or tossing those knives in his back or Arkham City style shooting lightning bolts... but wouldn’t it be great if he was just really good at punching things?!)

done talking...

“with a Mortal Kombat twist”

yep, f*** this game. No one has ever thought “wow! the character designs in Mortal Kombat are AMAZING!”, this isn’t a DC fighting game, it’s MK’11 with DC characters stuffed in it.

Question: Zach is it possible to get this licence? Is it in dc's court like the comic mates or since it's a game different rules apply for this? For mvc3 did you get the licence from capcom or from marvel? If it's the same with the comic dc then bummer.

If by acquiring the license to this game is the only way that DST can give us DC Minimates, then I'm all for it. Even if the characters are sporting new costumes. I'll take any DC Minimates that I can get.