UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Nice to Be Here!

Hello!

I'd be lying if I said I've been into Minimates for the long haul, but I have been into them for a good while now... at least a couple of years.

Now I find myself buying them as my preliminary focus of collecting. Basically, I've become rather addicted and obsessed with them (especially the Marvel stuff).

To get a little more personal - I'm 27 years old, work graveyards at a convenient store doing usually around 60 hours a week. I'm also pursuing photography as a career goal (mainly in the product/toy field), and have already worked with Mattel on their WWE line, and October Toys providing them with promo photos of their OMFG! (Outlandish Mini Figure Guys) toy line. Also, I'm a Canon guy. ;)

My other interests are punk/thrash music, craft beer, comic books, toy blogging/reviewing (my signature image has my site address), and tattoos. I mainly joined up around here to get more into the Minimate world, and hopefully score a few loose accessories (really looking for Chris Redfield's pistol) to build ol' Deadpool up an armory.

Hope to make a few lasting friendships around here! Thanks for havin' me!

Thanks guys!

Is your name a reference to Mike Allred's character from the Atomics?

Either way, welcome to the boards! :)

Actually, the it's just a nickname I was called since highschool as a play on first name, Adam.

I've only been a part of the MMMV a few days myself, but let me extend the welcome mat as well.

Great to see another Deadpool fan on here. He was the one minimate that got me started.

I look forward to seeing your pics!

Aloha!

I thought your name was in reference to this guy:

adambomb.jpg

:D Went on to be known as "Wrath" in the WCW.

Ha! And part of Kronik as well! Ironic part of him sharing the Adam Bomb name is that I have a small radiation symbol tattooed behind my right ear... just like his singlet. Life long wrestling fan right here! My favorite of ALL time is Ultimo Dragon.

I've only been a part of the MMMV a few days myself, but let me extend the welcome mat as well.

Great to see another Deadpool fan on here. He was the one minimate that got me started.

I look forward to seeing your pics!

Aloha!

DUDE! The Deadpool in my signature was the first MM I bought, followed up by Spidey/Goblin. Big time Deadpool fan, I'm actually planning a "Saint Deadpool" tattoo from the wrist to my elbow on the back of my right forearm. Think the Virgin Mary, but under the shroud is Deadpool, and instead of praying, wielding a pistol.

I just added some photos to the pic thread, check it out and let me know whatcha think!

Edited by AdamBomb

Life long wrestling fan right here! My favorite of ALL time is Ultimo Dragon.

Excellent choice! I was a big fan of his back in the glory days of WCW, as well. Kind of pissed me off the way Vince criminally mishandled him during his brief foray into the WWF. He's not my favorite wrestler, but he might be in my top 20 :D I remember Mike Tenay reminding people ad nauseum about how the Asai moonsault was named after him :lol

There are a few rasslin geeks on this forum. There's actually a thread that was recently created about it:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11029

Life long wrestling fan right here! My favorite of ALL time is Ultimo Dragon.
Excellent choice! I was a big fan of his back in the glory days of WCW, as well. Kind of pissed me off the way Vince criminally mishandled him during his brief foray into the WWF. He's not my favorite wrestler, but he might be in my top 20 :D I remember Mike Tenay reminding people ad nauseum about how the Asai moonsault was named after him :lolThere are a few rasslin geeks on this forum. There's actually a thread that was recently created about it:http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11029

COMPLETELY agree. It's a shame the only thing people remember him for in that run was tripping at WrestleMania. The man was the J-Crown champion! AND the WCW Cruiserweight champion! AT THE SAME TIME! One of the most innovative and most copied wrestlers of all time!

I'll have to check out that thread, I'm a very passionate fan. :)

Welcome! I am a big fan of the OMFG project, and I can't wait for Series 2 to be finished. :)

AWESOME! It blows my mind when people mention they know about the OMFG! project, and I think it's blowing up much larger than anyone expected. I can't wait for the Glow in the Dark Kickstarter set of Series One to come in.

Welcome, Adam! Always a pleasure to have new people here. :)Funnily enough, I have a relative whose last name is Baum (pronounced "bomb"), and his nickname is Adam (not his real first name). :D

A pleasure to be here!

Welcome aboard.

Before you ask, that odd smell is the lurkers' corner. It's a mess, we know. Rad volunteered to help clean it and we didn't see him again for months. He still doesn't like to talk about it. Just sayin' now that you're here, you don't want to wander back there.

Welcome to the 'verse, Adam. And I totally do share your Deadpool love. That Minimate is one of the best ever produced. Don't let people tell you otherwise. They lie. People lie. Even here in this peaceful Multiverse. ;)

That said, enjoy your stay!

DUDE! The Deadpool in my signature was the first MM I bought, followed up by Spidey/Goblin. Big time Deadpool fan, I'm actually planning a "Saint Deadpool" tattoo from the wrist to my elbow on the back of my right forearm. Think the Virgin Mary, but under the shroud is Deadpool, and instead of praying, wielding a pistol.

I just added some photos to the pic thread, check it out and let me know whatcha think!

Damn man, that tat sounds INSANE! If you do get it blasted, I'd love to see pics of it.

...and your pics! You clearly have got some talent dude. I don't know what it is, but that Ironman pic with the black background is just mesmerizing! I look forward t oseeing your future work.

Welcome to the 'verse, Adam. And I totally do share your Deadpool love. That Minimate is one of the best ever produced. Don't let people tell you otherwise. They lie. People lie. Even here in this peaceful Multiverse. ;)That said, enjoy your stay!

Oh yeah, he's my FAVORITE Minimate I have. I put it off for so long, but a few days ago I bought the Uncanny X-Force box set, I'm going to swap the band on his right leg to his left, and swap out Nick Fury's (Avengers Movie version) holster/pistol onto Deadpool's right leg to make it a little more accurate to the UXF comic. I also just made an order to Luke's for a few things, including the MVC 3 Spidey/Redfield. If by chance Chris Redfield's pistol fits either in DP's leg holster I'm giving him, or in the holster on his back, I'll be adding that as well.

Also got the tall flight stand for Archangel when I display them.

DUDE! The Deadpool in my signature was the first MM I bought, followed up by Spidey/Goblin. Big time Deadpool fan, I'm actually planning a "Saint Deadpool" tattoo from the wrist to my elbow on the back of my right forearm. Think the Virgin Mary, but under the shroud is Deadpool, and instead of praying, wielding a pistol.I just added some photos to the pic thread, check it out and let me know whatcha think!
Damn man, that tat sounds INSANE! If you do get it blasted, I'd love to see pics of it....and your pics! You clearly have got some talent dude. I don't know what it is, but that Ironman pic with the black background is just mesmerizing! I look forward t oseeing your future work.

Oh for sure, I've got a good bit of work done on me right now... among them all, a Peter Laird TMNT Leonardo on my right forearm. I have all of my ink on my Facebook in the Profile Pictures if you ever want to check 'em out.

Thanks for checking out my photos too! REALLY appreciate that!

I bought deadpool for 60 bucks. Now I got him as a gift from vbpanizzi. Having two of one of the best mates ever is like winning the lottery(sort of). All in all, deadpool Is awesome!!

I thought spending $40 on the Uncanny X-Force set was pricey, but I know FOR SURE that Deadpool is worth every penny of what you paid. Everything about it absolutely kicks ass. In my mind, that is THE measuring stick of what I compare all other 'Mates to.

Edited by AdamBomb

289ybnr.png

Radiation (located behind my right ear)

o0w5jr.png

HOPELESS (Romantic) H, P, L, S on my left hand / HEART, E, E, S on my right hand.

2ps4u2w.png

Eye (right inner wrist)

15zjexd.png

Sugar Skull (Memorial for my father)

f40fwj.png

"Graffiti" Tiger Army Tiger Bat (My first tattoo, which was royally screwed up. I heard "free", and went for it. Had to pay someone to get it "fixed")

77 (in tribute to New Jersey's punk band, Blanks 77 - got it the day after seeing them do a one off show in Austin, TX. Knew the bassists roommate on a wrestling figure forum, he got me on the guest list. Super cool people!)

2qxs5lc.png

My Atom Bomb, and dachshund's actual paw print

rciomv.png

Last but not least, Leonardo based off of a Peter Laird set of prints

4kbuw9.png

--I also plan to get the back of my right hand tattooed with a old school tiger's head with "True Romance" above it in reference to a Tiger Army song, add a lightning bolt off to the side of the bomb (straight from the belt of Ellen Page's character "Boltie" from the indie film Super, Saint Deadpool, and a Walking Dead piece I have yet to decide on.

Oh, and my Spidey tattoo is my avatar.

Edited by AdamBomb

15zjexd.png

Sugar Skull (Memorial for my father)

Quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen on this board.

And welcome aboard. When I saw your name, I was hoping you were a Garbage Pail Kid fan, but I guess not. I'm not sure the board needs any more wrestling fans, but welcome anyway.