UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Monster Fighters

Thanks a bunch, guys!

I'm really happy with 'em and am glad you guys dig 'em too!

Also, I'm planning on photographing my whole "Monsters" set-up in a few weeks. I'm waiting on the Haunted House to come out, as well as getting a 2nd Vamypre Castle cheap so I can "oomph" up the one I already have and make it taller and more expansive. :)

Edited by Mystery Man

Does anyone have the Ghost Train (Mystery Man you probably do with all those ghosts)? Is it a good set and have any pics with minimates next to it? We're trying to decide between that or the Haunted House for our Halloween decorations. We already have some of those metal candle holder haunted houses from Target so leaning more towards the train.

[quoteI'm thinking 2 of the Haunted House sets would have enough parts to make a Haunted House with either taller rooms OR longer hallways.

I also want to get a 2nd Vampyre Castle to make the rooms taller for 'mates. ]

I was thinking about this, you should check out this detailed review.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73816

Looking at it, I think you could certainly make the building taller. I don't see you being able to fully combine the 2 sets. Having 2 would give enough parts to make it bigger.

Longer hallways is doable, but it looks a bit tricky. You might be able to straight combine them, but I dont know if the opening closing will be as functional with that much weight.

I also hate to do this, but have to ask. Since each set comes with 4 zombie heads, (well 6 counting the 2 that go with the minifigures) if you end up with 8 of them, are interested in keeping all of them?

My Haunted House came in the mail yesterday and I've been putting it together. Don't have to make it any taller to accommodate Minimates. The only scale issue is that the doors are too small...

PERFECT SET and looks great with Monster Minimates. Shit yes, it's expensive, but well worth the money. :thumbsup:

[quoteI'm thinking 2 of the Haunted House sets would have enough parts to make a Haunted House with either taller rooms OR longer hallways.

I also want to get a 2nd Vampyre Castle to make the rooms taller for 'mates. ]

I was thinking about this, you should check out this detailed review.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73816

Looking at it, I think you could certainly make the building taller. I don't see you being able to fully combine the 2 sets. Having 2 would give enough parts to make it bigger.

Longer hallways is doable, but it looks a bit tricky. You might be able to straight combine them, but I dont know if the opening closing will be as functional with that much weight.

I also hate to do this, but have to ask. Since each set comes with 4 zombie heads, (well 6 counting the 2 that go with the minifigures) if you end up with 8 of them, are interested in keeping all of them?

It looks big enough that I doubt I'll end up buying a 2nd set. It's plenty big enough and between that and my plans to make the Vampyre Castle I have even bigger, plus the Ghost Train, Pyramid, planned werewolf tree(s) and Scientists Laboratory I think my Monsters are going to be just fine. :) Now to invest in the parts to build a Black Lagoon from scratch! :rolleyes:

I'm planning on keeping the zombie heads, though, to put in a stew bowl for the creepy kitchen. If I do end up getting ahold of more of them, I'll letcha know.

Edited by Mystery Man

• 2 weeks later...

Also posted this link over in the U.M Topic, but they probably fit here too, and wouldnt look too bad next to the Lego sets.

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/character-building-compatible-cobi-sets/

As always, if anyone in the US wants me to try to grab some of these, let me know. Always happy to help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

So I spent a whole day trying to take pictures. Unfortunately it didn't all work out as well as I'd hoped, so if anybody is interested in the link to see the pictures of my big Minimates/Lego Monster set-up, just PM me on here.

I'm taking the links down for now because I'm honestly kind of embarrassed that all my hard work didn't photograph as well as I'd wanted it to. I was under some really stressful stuff at the same time and I think the rushed nature of the photo's reflected it.

Edited by Mystery Man

So people seemed interested in these when I posted about these earlier.

The Blind Bags are now in, and £2.00 each (around $3). Then theres the 5 packs (at least you know what you're getting, and the invisible man is in there too) $16 a set.

They had another playset too, which I think was about $20.00.

As always, you want em, let me know.

post-2082-0-66128200-1352315553_thumb.jp

post-2082-0-78908200-1352315587_thumb.jp

post-2082-0-11091800-1352315616_thumb.jp