UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

Why would Impossible Man not use the regular minimate body?

Isn't Impossible Man really short? It would look awkward to me if a smaller character was the same size as the rest of the cast for some reason.

Could they do something like what they did for Snarf in the Thundercats minimates maybe?

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Impossible Man not use the regular minimate body?

Isn't Impossible Man really short? It would look awkward to me if a smaller character was the same size as the rest of the cast for some reason.

Could they do something like what they did for Snarf in the Thundercats minimates maybe?

Impossible Man is shorter if not as short as Franklin. I'm thinking he'd be somewhere in the Lord of the Rings Hobbit scale or a sculpted piece like Snarf.

I think Roberta, the Robot Receptionist has to be the single least likely Minimate nomination ever.:lol:

Think I need to replace my TMNT banner..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Jeff

The Hobbits (and Gimli) used 2-inch bodies. The Humans, Wizards, Elves, etc. used the larger 2.5-inch bodies.

Or were you meaning a new 1.6-inch scale? That would be cool.

With the addition of Sue's mullet, I really want to make a Malice now.

If you're going to do Malice, she should really be bundled with Psycho Man. :biggrin:

Psycho Man would be the one custom I don't want to do. He's way too detailed for me to sculpt at that scale.

I'm fine with an impossible man in ANY scale, he's such a unique character and his color scheme would make for a great looking minimate.

Considering that Puck is the same size as all the other minimates, I'd definitely think Impossible Man would be too... Especially since he can change size. I probably wouldn't get him though. He reminds me of Mr. Mxyzlplk (sp?) in an annoying kinda way.

heh. Want to see real annoying? Watch how they depict him in the 90's Fantastic Four cartoon. Yikes.

My collection of FF comics started with ish 258- a triple sized issue (with a great splash page of all the FF characters) I got out of a quarter bin that not only recapped their origin, but had a great story revealing Alicia to be a Skrull long before Secret Invasion. From that issue on I started collecting comics. I stopped collecting right after ish 416- onslaught. I later jumped back on post heroes reborn/return with the introduction of Val as Marvel Girl.

The Tom DeFalco era of FF was my favorite, but Byrne's run and art holds up much better.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume they'll be like snarf, I can't imagine them being articulated. Ventriloquist dummy Thing will be cool.

If they ARE articulated I'm looking forward to the swarm of Yellowjacket/Wasp/Ant Man/Atom customs that just washes over the board. Hell considering they're gonna be tiny minimate styled adorables I'm looking forward to those anyway. I anticipate Puppet Master being rather difficult to find...

I would think the puppets would be more like Silver Surfer in the TRU Galactus pack. Maybe with "strings" and a handle or maybe with real string!

I would think the puppets would be more like Silver Surfer in the TRU Galactus pack. Maybe with "strings" and a handle or maybe with real string!

No matter what they do these little bastards are becoming Atom, Ant Man, Yellowjacket, and Wasp customs. They're tiny minimate styled things and they're probably not attached to a board. It's gonna be adorable.

• 2 weeks later...

The puppets will NOT be articulated. They fit in the Puppet Master's hands, I don't see how they possibly could be. They'll be more like mini-statues.

They also will not have string.

Some limited articulation is possible:

HJ7OQ.jpg

• 2 months later...

Zach posted a group shot of the new FF from wave 48 and TRU wave 15 over on Facebook. For those of you who can't access FB or don't have an account, here's the pic.

483420_493342880709974_663633710_n.jpg

These packs are going to be loaded to the gills with stands and accessories. And check out the Thing's hands. Looks like new sculpts. Awesome!