UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this wave has it's own thread yet. I thought it was time to start one since BBTS has them up for pre-order with the release picture. What I noticed most was the $1 per pack increae on their price ($33.99 for the set as opposed to $29.99). They're still worth it though.

edit:aw crap, I knew there was a thread somewhere

Edited by groundhog7s

I finally got around to listening to the rest of the AFX Minimate podcast the other day, and I couldn't help but notice that Zach said that his current quest was to get a Blastaar Minimate made. And there he is! This makes me very, very hopeful that Dragon Man (another one I know Zach's championed) will be in the TRU sister wave. :yes:

Anyway, when's Luke getting his preorder up?

I dont know about you guys, but I find this set to lack any visual punch, except for Mr. Fantastics limbs. There is a drab look going on with this wave. Who agrees?

I dont know about you guys, but I find this set to lack any visual punch, except for Mr. Fantastics limbs. There is a drab look going on with this wave. Who agrees?

Well, it's not exactly colorful, with lots of white, dark blue, and grey, but drab? Nah. How can you call that Johnny Storm lacking in visual punch? :no:

Damn. Looks like BBTS has increased the price by $4 per set since last I noticed.

yeah, that's new with this round of pre-orders. Marvel 48, SFxT wave 2 and Battle Beasts wave 1 are all $34. it still beats tracking them down and paying LCS prices (especially what they charge for variants :rolleyes: ).

that said, if they go up any more I'll have to rethink my buying habits. I've already cut down from 2-3 of everything to just multiples of important army builders or specific custom fodder.

Wave 15 will be half FF-themed, half hodgepodge. Although some of the FF and some of the hodgepodge go together -- there isn't a distinct line separating the FF from the hodgepodge.

Does that make any sense (he asks a room of people who frequently make no sense)?

If you can track down what I've confirmed will be in Series 15, that may clear things up. I think I said yes to a couple of different things. Not sure if there's a thread for it.

oh im assuming Doctor Strange will be part of the Hodge podge...which could mean Dragon Man could bridge the F4 half and a Defenders half ;)

will there be a set from wave 48 IN TRU wave 15? or they all entirely different packs?

Anyway, when's Luke getting his preorder up?

By the end of the weekend. :)

Damn. Looks like BBTS has increased the price by $4 per set since last I noticed.

Diamond just raised prices, so you will see it on these, Battle Beasts, Street Fighter X Tekken Series 2, and all other waves moving forward.

Wave 15 will be half FF-themed, half hodgepodge. Although some of the FF and some of the hodgepodge go together -- there isn't a distinct line separating the FF from the hodgepodge.

Does that make any sense (he asks a room of people who frequently make no sense)?

If you can track down what I've confirmed will be in Series 15, that may clear things up. I think I said yes to a couple of different things. Not sure if there's a thread for it.

Damn, must have missed that.

oh im assuming Doctor Strange will be part of the Hodge podge...which could mean Dragon Man could bridge the F4 half and a Defenders half ;)

will there be a set from wave 48 IN TRU wave 15? or they all entirely different packs?

No Strange, no DM. 15 is all different.

They said in the Q & A's that the other heralds of galactus, Firelord & Airwalker would be in a tru wave this year, so i'm hoping they'll be included with this wave.

:whistling: