UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

did Zach not say 48 did have a theme (which TrU 15 sort of ties into)?

obviously, the word 'theme' has various connotations... we have no idea how strict the big guy was being.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're a gent, pop. I have been wanting to 'get into' something new. I will be having a look.

The unfortunate thing is that, by the time you get up to War of Kings, there's a lot of other books you probably need to read to fully appreciate everything. It's basically an Inhumans (by way of the Kree)/Shi'ar War; you at least need to read Secret Invasion: Inhumans to find out how the Inhumans get to where they are, and you should read Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire for the other side (you might need to read some other X-Men books, but that's the only one I read). In addition, I'd say you should read the other books dealing with the Inhumans, Son of M and Silent War (which are both great, so that shouldn't be a problem). Of course, Son of M is a follow-up to House of M... you see the problem.:biggrin:

Anyway, I know you can buy a lot of these books here:

http://fearlessreadersonline.com/

This is my favorite online place for cheap books; usually, trades are $5, but right now they're actually having a sale, so they're only $3. It looks like they've sold some cosmic Marvel things, but you can at least get Silent War and two of the War of Kings books, which is a start.

dj- Yes he did, on both counts.

obviously, the word 'theme' has various connotations... we have no idea how strict the big guy was being.

Has he revealed anything about TRU wave 14 yet?

other than the entire line-up? not sure.

Ultimate Cap / Miles Spider-Man

Iron Man / Rhino

Havok / Storm ?

Box / Vindicator?

TRU 14 we showed at Toy Fair. 15 and 48 are connected, yes. But a character being in this first poll doesn't mean they aren't in 15/48. It just won't be that look.

I think 48/15 will debut at SDCC, probably not sooner. So after we announce the exclusives on June 1, you'll be able to speculate with confidence.

Iron Man / Rhino

Havok / Storm ?

Box / Vindicator?

Kinda Surprised we're seeing Ult. Cap again. He's already got two figures and i had kind of hoped Ult. Spider-Man might be a big enough name to carry a villain or something with him? HammerHead or Tombstone or some such.

Does anyone know if this Cap has a new costume or something? I don't read Ultimate so i'm not up to speed on the going-ons there.

Iron Man / Rhino

Havok / Storm ?

Box / Vindicator?

Kinda Surprised we're seeing Ult. Cap again. He's already got two figures and i had kind of hoped Ult. Spider-Man might be a big enough name to carry a villain or something with him? HammerHead or Tombstone or some such.

Does anyone know if this Cap has a new costume or something? I don't read Ultimate so i'm not up to speed on the going-ons there.

Would you really want Hammerhead and Tombstone being exclusive to TRU? I'd have an issue with that.

The new Ult. Cap is such an improvement, anyway. Really great looking update.

Zach, is there any way to give Miles the Penguin/Ant-man feet? I mean, he is ONLY 13?? Makes more sense?

Zach, is there any way to give Miles the Penguin/Ant-man feet? I mean, he is ONLY 13?? Makes more sense?

I'm not really with you on those little feet just because I dislike them in general, but I do think the muscles on the chest block are a bit bodybuilder -- he's a lean kid in the comics. In all the many reveals we've had for months and months, he's the one mate I've thought looked a bit off.

But then I wouldn't have been 100% happy with him anyway because I hate slipovers on Spidey, so oh well.

TRU 14 we showed at Toy Fair. 15 and 48 are connected, yes. But a character being in this first poll doesn't mean they aren't in 15/48. It just won't be that look.

Reeeeally? Hmm. New theory forming. But will hold off sharing until I have more time to think on it.

Can you confirm one small detail, Mr. Oat? Regular Marvel TRU and LCS waves no longer share packs like the movie waves do, right? Or at least, they are not suppossed to?

I'm not really with you on those little feet just because I dislike them in general, but I do think the muscles on the chest block are a bit bodybuilder -- he's a lean kid in the comics. In all the many reveals we've had for months and months, he's the one mate I've thought looked a bit off.

But then I wouldn't have been 100% happy with him anyway because I hate slipovers on Spidey, so oh well.

I'm with you there. I mean, i get why they put in the mask, with showing off Miles' face and all, but that and the muscle tone masks him look much older.

Maybe give him two sets of feet then? I'd just prefer kids to look like kids and not be the same height as Captain America. :thumbsup:

i get why they put in the mask, with showing off Miles' face and all,

Good point. I just wish they'd go with an alternate head block in these cases. Same with Flash Venom, they just look like big helmets to me instead of skin-tight masks.

I could see them maybe including extra mini-feet, seems like the amount of accessories has really shot up lately.

I think 48/15 will debut at SDCC, probably not sooner. So after we announce the exclusives on June 1, you'll be able to speculate with confidence.

You know, one of these days I'm going to figure out if you drop info so casually like that just by accident, or to screw with us.:biggrin:

Has he revealed anything about TRU wave 14 yet?

other than the entire line-up? not sure.

Iron Man / Rhino

Havok / Storm ?

Box / Vindicator?

Ah, I must have missed that. Thanks.

i feel this is gonna be a modern catch-up wave, with characters newest looks and newly introduced characters:

my top guesses:

Kid Omega

Hope

Scarlet Spider II

Doc Ock

Noh-Varr

SWORD Agents (or HAMMER Agents)

Variant Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Well, 47 is X-Men, we've just had Avengers and Spider-Man, soooooooo.....

Annihilation!

-Drax/Annihilus

-Star-Lord/Ronan

-Rocket Raccoon/Phalax soldier

-Groot (variant)

Yeah, I'd buy those.:thumbsup:

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Maybe make 49 a complementary wave so we can get Quasar. How about modern as the regular and classic as the variant.

Edited by pawcanada

i feel this is gonna be a modern catch-up wave, with characters newest looks and newly introduced characters:

my top guesses:

Kid Omega

Hope

Scarlet Spider II

Doc Ock

Noh-Varr

SWORD Agents (or HAMMER Agents)

Variant Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

That's pretty awesome, but I'd take out Carol Danver as Captain Marvel as the variant. She's going to be in relativly high demand, and I wouldn't limit her avalibility

Howbout Cmder Rogers/Marcus Johnson as the standard/variant?