UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my Xbox 360 preorder with Lex today. What a great freebie!

Anyway, I'm hoping to hear some reviews here about the Vita version, because I can only seem to find conflicting reports about it online. Some say it's open world, some say it's identical to the 3DS version.

**EDIT** Nevermind. Found a Vita forum and it's a 3DS port. Not sure why they went that route, but it's got some Vita owners plenty pissed. hahaha I still may pick up a copy anyway. An Amazon seller has it for $20.99 + shipping. Tempting...

**EDIT AGAIN** The seller must have realized they were giving the game away for $20, as it is no longer available. Man, I missed out on that deal. :/

Edited by minivenom

My only gripe with the game so far is the Magnetic Suit Robin. I don't know if it was on purpose of the game designers because he's wearing GIANT magnets on his feet-- but he walks REALLY slow. Add to the fact he's walking up the sides of building and certain angles, the control can be a bit loose. I'd fall on several occasions and then have to start all over again. :pinch:

Not to spoil too much but when fighting the Joker outside the themepark, I didn't know what to do. There was a bat go-kart that seemed to serve no purpose other than to drive it around and after I had destroyed all the loose crates, I wasn't sure what to do next. Joker would throw pies with an energy blast field neutralizing the heroes. You could stun him with your batarangs but I'd never be able to land a hit. I tried jumping up on top of his boat and get electrocuted and explode. I tried hitting him with Robin then switching to Bomb Suit Batman and...nothing. It wasn't until after I used Magnetic Robin to climb on top of the amusement park gate and used his magnetic gun to break apart the gate, defeating him. Whew!

I then unlocked the batmobile and had to find the batcave. You'd think they'd have an indicator, but I wound up everywhere BUT the batcave. It was a lot of trial and error, I can see now, in IGN's review of the game how poor the map function is in the game. Still, I prefer an open environment to explore than being told where to go. Vehicle control takes some getting used to along with shooting and steering. Again, these are just my inital thoughts. The joker boat chase with Robin's helicopter was epic. Half the time I didn't know which target I should shoot at, but I can always go back in the free play mode to try again.

Haven't unlocked any JLA characters yet. Hoping at least one of the Batman suits has a double jump glide option like in Arkham Asylum. Being told by Alfred to "Jump, sir" when on a ledge overlooking gotham was funny.

One last thing. The water effects in this game?

:jawdrop:

It's better than most 'real life' games I seen. To have it raining during the options screen is a nice touch with along with thunder, lightning, the bat-signal, AND the Danny Elfman score is perfect. But they go one step further and actually show rain splattering against the screen like a window and then trickle down. GOREGOUS!!

This would've helped last night, but I was too busy having fun to read it: http://guides.ign.com/guides/896272/

Edited by Jeff

Either everyone's at work, or playing the game right now. :biggrin:

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten far enough to reach Arkham Aslyum for the custom character maker. I haven't. I just read that's where it's located. There's little about it online but from what I could gather from the last Lego Batman, it's more of a parts swap & power assign than color change and part selection. Meaning, you could take the head of Batman and put it on the body of Aquaman with GL's powers, but not make a Knightfall Batman from scratch.

I'd love to see pics of customs if anyone has done this. I just need more time to play!

so i just received my copy in the mail, but i cant find my villain pack code, i know i was supposed to get one but i cant seem to find it :/ anyone who got DLC codes, where did you find your code? is it through email? on the receipt? or preloaded?

so i just received my copy in the mail, but i cant find my villain pack code, i know i was supposed to get one but i cant seem to find it :/ anyone who got DLC codes, where did you find your code? is it through email? on the receipt? or preloaded?

It was on the receipt when I bought mine from Gamestop. Haven't tried it yet.

i am used to getting it in store and the code being on the receipt, but since i got it in the mail all i got was a packaging list slip, and i dont think the code is on it, should i email gamestop?

Mine was on the receipt. I only got a chance to play for a couple hours late last night but I am with Jeff on the water effects. FANTASTIC! I was a little antsy to unlock some JLA members and I have yet to see Superman. It looks like the game really does focus on Batman and Robin and their suits early on (or through all of story mode.. not sure yet). I did try Bizzaro and Black Adam and they are a lot of fun.. I was hoping Bizarro's powers would have switched it up with him utilizing freeze vision and heat breath.. but honestly just having the basic Superman powers is pretty awesome!! Also.. it looks like the Marvel family can "shazam" lightning off their chests at will. Pretty cool.

I hope to get further tonight and actually unlock Superman and Green Lantern.. and I am very interested in seeing the character creator. I am hoping to make Wonder Girl, Green Arrow(w/Huntress' powerset), Superboy, 3 more Earth GL's, etc.. Those are the first easy customs I could think of.

Also, the voice acting adds a lot to this type of story.. I actually LOLed a couple times.

One more thing.. you could explore the Gotham Hub for hours and not see it all in detail.. I love it.

i am used to getting it in store and the code being on the receipt, but since i got it in the mail all i got was a packaging list slip, and i dont think the code is on it, should i email gamestop?

I would Email gamestop for sure.. or even call one for instructions. I think they typically email the codes out when it is a mail delivery. Best of luck!

Edited by The Vox

As long as you have your order slip or what have you, they should be able to help you. I tried awhile back to use the transfer code from a used copy of Lego rock band and did get an email back.....saying I needed the original receipt. Shot down, but hey it was used afterall.

Game isn't out until tomorrow here, but thanks to a wonderful pre-order I've been playing co-op all evening with the girlfriend.

Great fun as expected, but it really is the new characters that make it... Superman is so over powered it is delicious.

I'm in the middle of Lex's corporate headquarters in Metropolis, and God i love this game. I can't stop playing as Superman, it's some of the best gameplay i've had in a while; flying around Gotham City was so much fun.

As for characters, i have beaten and now own:

Poison Ivy

Hush

Two-face

Cap'n Boomerang

And have found most of the Gotham others. I find it amusing that Zod and Sinestro are in Gotham. :lol:

Sinestro is probably there to rob a bank. :)

I've always loved it when characters with cosmic level powers are bothering with things at the city level. I say that being a huge GL fan. I can not wait until I unlock Hal and Sin.

I'm curious if anyone has used the character creator and if it is true that you can assign any in-game power set to your custom characters.. If so, I am going to have a blast creating custom heroes.

That's what I'm looking forward to as well. I read it's located in Arkham.....somewhere.

Fingers crossed I can make a Plastic Man- but from the sounds of it I won't be able to do any stretching powers, am I right?

Man, I got this game for the Wii and the controls are pretty damn tedious! It's hard to drive/fly like a smooth criminal when you're all over the place! I'm at 244 gold bricks and 48 hostages. Some minikits are glitched which means I cannot get them... My map is clean and I have saved every civillian in the story levels.

They could've easily given Clayface the ability to turn into a ball (Arkham Asylum) and make Martian Manhunter intangible.

Overall it was pretty fun, like the previous lego games. I wish they made some of the characters more versatile though. I don't like playing as Batman and Robin, especially when you have to change suits. That's why being able to use other characters instead is a good thing.

Too bad I can't finish. Lego games are known for their bugs/gitches but it still bites.

It's a shame I can't play as the DLC character. Would like to play as Black Adam and Bizarro.

Regarding the character creator, it's in the Batcave.

so i still have not gotten my DLC issue sorted, but other than that, THIS IS AN AMAZING GAME, i went back and played lego starwars 3: clone wars (which i previously thought was the best) and realized just how much of an improvement this one is, seriously. The story mode is loads of fun with plenty of different styles both visually and mechanics-wise. The story is really fun even if it isnt the most original concept :P (though i dont think Lex has ever called on the Joker like this?)

i also love the vast array of things to do in Gotham and how improved freeplay is

just got my dlc villains and loving them :D

anyone think the hero pack will become available later? Black Adam is getting lonely without Captain Marvel to punch around ;)

also anyone with the handheld edition, what additional characters are there? i know of Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Superboy and Nightwing but thats it