UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

The handheld versions aren't open world, so I guess to compensate for that part of the game being eliminated they are adding more characters.

I asked a guy who played it at e3 and uploaded some gameplay and he said that the vita version has free roaming.The 3ds version isn't open world though.

EDIT:it says the same on gamestop.

Well I guess I'm screwed then..lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The handheld versions aren't open world, so I guess to compensate for that part of the game being eliminated they are adding more characters.

I asked a guy who played it at e3 and uploaded some gameplay and he said that the vita version has free roaming.The 3ds version isn't open world though.

EDIT:it says the same on gamestop.

Well I guess I'm screwed then..lol

why? :confused:

Dont mean to double post, but i just played through the first 3 levels, this is an amazing game

If you played the vita version:

A)does it really have free roaming

B)how are the graphics compared to ps3

C)Is it a good game overall?

sorry i played it on PS3 so i cant answer the first two questions :(

but i can tell you it is a GREAT game from what i played, Batman and Robin have some really cool new features, they've made the suits actually interesting, the vehicles have a much more important use, the batcave and Gotham are beautiful, the villains are fun, the voice actors are great, and it seems like loads of fun :)

I found an interview [below] with one of the TT developers saying that the handhelds have some of the same worlds but not everything the same (but have restored the two player local co-op feature.). Also, they added a "Justice League Mode" to the handhelds where you team up and battle evil is some specific way. They did say in time they will probably be able to utilize more of the power that the Vita has but for now it is not exactly the same game.

I pre-ordered the PS3 version at Gamestop for the Lex minifig. I will most likely get a Vita later this year and as much as I love these games.. I will probably be getting it for the Vita as well. (One other interview I read said that Superboy was a handheld exclusive)

Also, it looks like you can custom create figures WITH different superpowers. So I would guess you could make all of the Earth GL's, Wonder Girl, Green Arrow(using Huntress' bow), etc. I am hoping this bit of info turns out to be true. Find out tomorrow. :)

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/06/lego-batman-2-handheld-multiplayer/

Traded in Wipeout Kinect towards it. Having friends over to play Thursday night! Spotted the PRIMA stragegy guide on the counter and flipped to the unlockable characters section in the back. Suprised to see Vikki Vale as one of the playable characters. Finally, a game where I can play as Kim Basinger. :lol:

Traded in Wipeout Kinect towards it. Having friends over to play Thursday night! Spotted the PRIMA stragegy guide on the counter and flipped to the unlockable characters section in the back. Suprised to see Vikki Vale as one of the playable characters. Finally, a game where I can play as Kim Basinger. :lol:

I think I saw a picture of the Vicki Vale Lego character. It's the strawberry blonde version, right? I wonder if she will have any special ability other than blowing my mind when I was 13. :)

IGN just posted a review:

CLOSING COMMENTS

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is a collector's paradise. You have to play through the game to get studs to unlock characters to go back to old levels and access different areas to collect more secrets. I polished off the story in about nine hours, but I spent the next 11 chasing down bricks and characters -- and I'm still not done. The open world stuff could use some tweaks, but the little stumbles don't stop LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes from being a great game.

IGN RATINGS FOR LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES (PS3)

Rating

Description

out of 10

Click here for ratings guide

Presentation

Entertaining story, new mid-level saves, and appropriate level of cute throughout. Map needs work.

Graphics

Slick, adorable plastic pieces. Pop-in can pop up.

Sound

Really well done voice work. Soundtrack is classic but repetitive.

Gameplay

Simple combat, but exploration and collecting shine.

Lasting Appeal

If you want to 100-percent the game, you're looking at more than 20 hours of content.

OVERALL

Great

(out of 10, not an average)

Agreed. The Luthor figure is perfect- now to swap him out with the suit version that came with the robot fighting Superman and Wonder Woman.

Looked in the back of the manual and there's a link to survey that gives you cheat codes. Not that I'm going to use them but the link just takes you to Lego's site. There's no survey. Huh?

Agreed. The Luthor figure is perfect- now to swap him out with the suit version that came with the robot fighting Superman and Wonder Woman.

Looked in the back of the manual and there's a link to survey that gives you cheat codes. Not that I'm going to use them but the link just takes you to Lego's site. There's no survey. Huh?

It's a new game. It's launch day. I have a feeling that not everything is up and running just yet. They wanted to deal with making sure the game got out everywhere it needed to (Digital downloads for example) then they'll get every other little thing done. Sounds to me like they just haven't taken care of it just yet.

Which company was giving away the exclusive Lego figures with it? I'm going to eventually pick this up, but have to watch funds. Had a few medical bills pop up and need to make sure those are paid in full first :confused: