UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

i love and adore LEGO games and this one looks to be the best of the best, with characters like Sinestro and Cyborg, a free roam Gotham City, voice actors and much much more! anyone else as excited as i am for this game?

oh and just the fact that they made Black Adam, Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, Black Manta and Bizarro DLC is the icing on the cake!

EDIT: some Arkham City inspired renders for the game, as well as the DLC info
538119_252253798214944_199285640178427_4
560440_252254104881580_199285640178427_4
LEGO-Batman-2-parodies-Arkham-City-Album
246555_252253861548271_199285640178427_4
original.jpg
10724b.jpg
10724a.jpg
542366_252253994881591_199285640178427_4
lego-batman-2-bane-picture-exclusive.jpg

7065554431_2b7d823275.jpg
LB2_DLC_Heroes_EN.jpg

Edited by undeadpool

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this I'm JAZZED for! I also heard/read Flash is going to be a playable character. Been looking for a fun multiplayer DC game ever since XBOX's Justice League Heroes (which unfortunately has HUGE lagtime during gameplay on the 360).

When is the release date for this? Think I'll trade in some Kinect games to gamestop so I can get the villains pack. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

no problem ;)

release is June 19th for the US as KostisFire mentioned above

and yes the Flash is playable and i believe they said he can run through solid brick destroying it and collecting studs :D

Edited by undeadpool

Pre-ordered with Gamestop instead, you get a Lex Luthor Powersuit minifigure. Kind of annoying that these character packs only just got announced, but i assume they'll be purchase DLC later.

this is the reason im holding off on preordering, im hopinh the characters will either be future DLC or will be unlockable in game and the preorder unlocks them immediately, so im waiting for confirmation

so the second someone confirms that the DLC characters are already available in-game, please tell me :P

im deciding how to handle my purchase and whether to get it on PS3 or PC

I am certainly considering it (especially for the exclusive Lex minifig), but due to my suvear dislike of Batman I'm more interested in playing as the other DC heroes, i.e. Superman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman. Unless of course they put in The Gold and Blue, who are IMO WAAAAAAAY more awesome than Batman and deserve about 75% of the books he got in The New 52; hell they should be the star of this game.

I am certainly considering it (especially for the exclusive Lex minifig), but due to my suvear dislike of Batman I'm more interested in playing as the other DC heroes, i.e. Superman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Aquaman. Unless of course they put in The Gold and Blue, who are IMO WAAAAAAAY more awesome than Batman and deserve about 75% of the books he got in The New 52; hell they should be the star of this game.

Personal vendetta much?? :blink:

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle better than Batman...what? Booster's fun...but what?????? :rolleyes:

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle better than Batman...what? Booster's fun...but what?????? :rolleyes:

actually i gotta agree, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold are my favorite DC characters ever :D

Ted+Booster 4ever :wub:

also Punisher, that cinematic looks pretty darn good, im liking the voices so far, but you're right, it doesnt have the same comic element

I always liked the silent characters, but I must admit I'm enjoying the Joker so far. I have the game preordered for 360 at Gamestop, and am thinking about getting it for Vita as well, but haven't decided just yet.

I checked EB's website (which really is just Gamestop's)...and there is no mention of DLC Character packs...just the Lex minifigure for pre-order.

Appears Amazon has the Heroes pack.

Edited by jcastick

Yeah a little... I don't get the appeal of Batman personally. I never got the whole "No Powers > Powers" argument and besides, Ted has no powers, is as intelligent as Bruce (if not more) and from what I read actually has a likeable personality.

I am also a fan of web critic Linkara and he's reviewed quite a few comics where the rest of the DCU is made to look like amateurs to make Batman more awesome by comparison (JLA Act of God springs to mind). Considering as how Kyle Rayner got me into DC and I have developed a huge amount of respect for Superman, seeing both of them portrayed as being so mentally unstable they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag and everyone else is praising how awesome Batman is because he lacks powers. The book was meant to promote power-less heroes but just seemed like a love letter to Batman as Steel, a powerless hero is killed and Ted and Ray, two other powerless/minimal tech heroes are captured and tortured (Booster is also tortured as well). I don't like it when people try to force me to like something (i.e. I MUST like Batman becasue he is dark and boording and lacks powers but still manages to do more than all the JLA could combined; really pushes the limit on no powers IMO) and I just happen to prefer other DC heroes, so, like I said, seeing Batman curb stomp them (again, the way he does it at times makes it sound like he's activated the God Mode cheat) frustrates me even more. I know thee are some comics where, for example, he's stated he can only stall Superman and never truly beat him (i.e. showing some respect for the man of steel) and I know his current comics get high scores almost all the time suggesting I'd probably enjoy them if I gave them a try, but I just can't. I find the way he's portrayed (i.e. God Batman) to un-appealing. IMO Superman may be powerful but I have seen more stories where he is someone I can relate to as a person; I have yet to see that with Batman.

As for Booster Gold, his post 52 run was extreamly well done and one of the books I sorely miss in the new 52. The fact Batman has about 10 - 12 books is salt in the wound as I just don't find him awesome.

But then again I must be a freak as I never Kang to get made as a minimate :P

Edited by pawcanada

Batman is the awesomeist! Just something about the whole "I don't have super powers but I can kick everybody's butt" thing that really appeals to me.

Hahaha! But seriously, not every hero is for everybody. If I had a copy of the comic where Wonder Woman is crushing Batman's face under her boot on the cover I'd send it to ya. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

this game is almost here and after the E3 footage, i seriously cannot wait :D

I am however saddened that the handheld version gets 20 more characters than the console version :(

would anyone who gets it for a handheld device be so kind to tell me (pics would be greatly appreciated) what characters are added to the handheld version when it comes out?

also has there been any more news on if the preorder DLC will be available later on?

this game is almost here and after the E3 footage, i seriously cannot wait :D

I am however saddened that the handheld version gets 20 more characters than the console version :(

would anyone who gets it for a handheld device be so kind to tell me (pics would be greatly appreciated) what characters are added to the handheld version when it comes out?

also has there been any more news on if the preorder DLC will be available later on?

I will be getting the vita version because i always preffered lego games on a handheld,it's like playing mario on wii,it's not the same as having it on the go.But does anyone know if the vita version has free roaming?

The handheld versions aren't open world, so I guess to compensate for that part of the game being eliminated they are adding more characters.

I asked a guy who played it at e3 and uploaded some gameplay and he said that the vita version has free roaming.The 3ds version isn't open world though.

EDIT:it says the same on gamestop.

Edited by Kostisfire