UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I need some help...

Donny B

;) ok, check this out...

I'm doing a competition where I have to take a source image and turn it into something else via photoshop. The source image is this:

Mitchell_Sargent_narrowweb__300x415,0.jp

And instantly, I had a picture in my head of Captain America:

46yq7wy.jpg

Ok, now this is where I need your guys' help. As you can see, Im not done with it yet. I stopped here because this is the point I was at when I realized that I needed to put something in Cap's hands, and I didnt have the slightest clue what.

So I am begging for help - what would make sense in this pic? What would Captain America be running with? Oh, and just so you know, I am almost definitely changing the background. So if you need to have a specific scene for the item he's carrying to make sense, then it's not a problem.

Oh, and I kinda need to get this project finished ASAP. These competitions dont have an official end time. It could be over before I go to bed. I'd like to get my entry in as soon as I possibly can...

Thanks!

I would totally cheat and put his shield on his left arm... angle it to look like he's about to shoulder barge someone with his shield... It neatly covers both hands and making it look like he's not carrying anything but his shield.

From my experience of rugby he has/is about to change direction or offload that ball to his left which means he's leading with his left shoulder anyways... roll with it.

But then again I am a slacker who's been drinking :D

T.

yeah. That's what I keep coming back to

...the difficulty is going to be setting the pic up to really communicate that he's running to throw a bomb. it will take something specific in the background or around him to really sell that... and I have no clue what that might be.

But anyway - I appreciate your guys' help. Its cool of you to assist me in a competition that you guys arent even in B)

cheers!

Well, I ended up deciding to make it "Captain America playing football" ... cuz as it turns out, I am quite lazy. Especially when it comes to 2:00am and I realize that to make it amazing, I would have to put in at least another 10 hours.

I really don't want to do that. So I'm just going to go with the "It's comical... live with it" approach.

33k6hxh.jpg

Thanks for your help, guys. Sorry I didn't use it... blame it on my slackerness :P

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Nov 8 2006, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I ended up deciding to make it "Captain America playing football" ... cuz as it turns out, I am quite lazy. Especially when it comes to 2:00am and I realize that to make it amazing, I would have to put in at least another 10 hours.

I really don't want to do that. So I'm just going to go with the "It's comical... live with it" approach.

33k6hxh.jpg

Thanks for your help, guys. Sorry I didn't use it... blame it on my slackerness :P

That is awesome Donny!!!