hellpop

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I haven't been watching wrestling much.  WWE finally broke me.  Shane McMahon's return, and being given a plum spot last year against the Undertaker, just about broke me, and then Goldberg's return was just two much.  I just got sick of seeing the guys I like passed over and marginalized for former stars.  So I quit.  I did watch the Royal Rumble, since I always enjoy that and I wanted to see if there would be any surprises. There weren't.

In fact, I hadn't even realized it was WresteMania week until Dave Meltzer showed up on Richard Deitsch's podcast.  I looked up the card and was unimpressed. So I made no plans to watch, though I did read a few previews.  And then I saw on Twitter that the Hardys returned, and watching that video got me longing for more, so I found a stream and watched the last two hours.  It was not particularly good.  I caught the end of the HHH/Rollins match, then saw Orton/Wyatt, Lesnar/Goldberg, and the women's match. By this point the crowd was dead, the matches were pretty boring. And then the main event.

Have to admit, I've never been a big Undertaker fan.  I've never liked gimmick wrestlers, and his spooky stuff is so silly; I may be the only fan on earth that prefers the biker version of the character.  But I sure respect him, and since I was pretty sure this was going to be his last match I stayed up for it.  Again, it was not very good.  Undertaker was too beat up to do much of anything, and Roman Reigns (an uninspiring choice for an opponent) just isn't good enough to carry the match.   But it was still historic, and I'm glad I watched.

I'll check out some of Raw tonight, in between the basketball game, but I doubt I'll be coming back any time soon.  Much as I love wrestling, it's just become too frustrating. Unless Nakamura debuts while Roman's in the ring....

Well, Nakamura did debut on Smackdown and Tye Dillinger. The Revival was on Raw. I look forward to the eventual Nakamura/AJ Styles feud. AJ Styles is perhaps the best pound for pound wrestler there is. I look forward to seeing what happens going forward. 

Edited by Freaqualizer
Spelling

Probably canceling my network subscription this month, unless something really compelling comes out of the next two weeks.  I'll just reactivate it for WrestleMania season next year starting with the Rumble.  Not mad, just not worth it for me during these months.