UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Wrestling Thread

hellpop

Yeah, that was nifty. Also nice to see Bryan treated like a legitimate main eventer-type, coming out to spar with Cena. We'll see how long it lasts with McMahon's new dictum from on-high that scouts should focus on guys who are 6'2" and 240 lbs+

That last segment (Santino, Funkasaurus, et al.) was pretty dang cringe-worthy, though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Cobra being treated like a legit finisher is just a huge insult. And the Funkasaurus... the less said the better.:yucky:

The other segment with Jericho and Bryan was awesome as well. I would LOVE to see Bryan pin Punk at MITB (and reuniting with AJ in the process) and Jericho winning MITB. Maybe we'd get a Punk/Jericho/Bryan triple threat at Summer Slam.:)

It's makes me sad to see Cena and Punk standing tall together.:sad:

I think Bryan's chances of winning at the PPV went way down tonight with AJ having those issues with Punk. If not for that, I thought there was a fair chance for a swerve. No more.

Well, there's still a couple weeks to go. I thought the ending to that match was really good; too bad the Texas crowd wasn't very hot for it (they were pretty poor all night). AJ is just fantastic in this role, the most interesting WWE woman since... Lita? It's been a long time. Why is she not Diva's champ?

On another subject... do you guys think there's any Heath Slater fans out there? Like, somewhere there's some guy raging that Slater's far too awesome to be wasted jobbing to "returning main eventers"? I think Slater's okay, myself, but the One Man Band gimmick is MEANINGLESS WITHOUT INSTRUMENTS! If he's going to do it, do it right: you know, base drum on the back, cymbals strapped to each knee, harmonica around the neck... I could get behind that.

You guys are lucky you get to see it earlier. Darn West Coast time.

It was funny seeing glimmers of the old Jericho. His counter to DB's Yes chants were ridiculous (Again! Again! Again!). And my favorite part was him doing the one foot "Come on baby!" cover. I really want him to win Money in the Bank. For the sole reason that as the "creator", he can be the first to lose when he cashes it in and get that infamous title. Plus, he can leave and do his concerts for a while and come back next year to cash it in while the other winner can taunt it on TV every week.

AJ doesn't need to be Divas champ yet. She will be eventually after this whole storyline runs through. She outshines the title right now and her feuding with Layla distracts from her current thing. But she needs some competition in the ring eventually. So it was nice to see something going on with Eve. Eve/DB hooking up? Either way, I don't see DB being champ until after Summerslam during the quiet period between Summerslam and Wrestlemania. Good ending to RAW, though.

Slater just needs to go to the ring with a guitar and hit people over the head with it like Double J. I admit he's got some charisma and is doing okay being the annoying heel.

And did you guys see the promo for 3-hour RAW after the show? I thought that was hilarious! Baking a cake? Kuwait? Felt like a nice after-credits scene after a good movie.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not convinced that Bryan has turned face. Elaborate ruse, I say. Would be extremely odd to turn two major villains into good guys on the same night, and the Jericho turn feels completely legit. I enjoyed the Punk/Big Show match. Will definitely try to tune in next week, though I might not be able to since I will be in D.C. for work.

Yeah, I'm not convinced about Bryan's change of heart either. But I'd like to see it; guy's way over, and awesome, so you might as well turn him face and ride that a bit. But, obviously, something's going to happen next week. Wrestling weddings never go off without a hitch. I don't know why anyone would even want to get married on Raw.

I'm just going to go ahead and call Cena wins the title next week. I mean, he'd be the perfect guy to cash in the MITB contract and NOT win, since the stigma of being the first to fail wouldn't stick to him. But it's not gonna happen. Then we get the rematch at SS, where Cena also goes over. It's a shame, Punk's spent the better part of a year as champ and somehow lost momentum. It's not really his fault, I don't think, because he's always been the undercard to Cena, but it's definitely affected him. Hopefully, he'll loose the title but gain back some of his edge.

So, my guess is SS will have HHH/Brock, Cena/Punk, Jericho/Ziggler (maybe with the MITB case on the line?), Mysterio/Del Rio. Obviously, Sheamus needs somebody, and Orton would seem like the likely choice. I wonder if the Miz being in the mixed tag match this week means that he'll interrupt the wedding next week, and we'll get Miz/Bryan. Frankly, I was hoping Jericho would be in that spot, but I think Jericho/Ziggler might be even better.

I watched the PPV and last nights RAW and a few quick thoughts.

Glad Ziggler won he has been doing good stuff in my eyes with most ppl they put him with and he sells huge against bigger opponents bouncing him around. I can see a Ziggler face turn in the future ppl are just cheering him to much and its only Vickie keeping his heat.

Sin Cara needs to be future endevoured. I find him very sloppy in the ring and nearly botched big with Ziggler at the PPV and that could have really messed up WWE's future plans. (Rey returning maybe the bye bye for Cara)

The Bryan/Punk match was good as usual but I can see ppl getting burnt out so I hope that is their last face off for awhile.

Super Cena won. No surprise there but along with the majority I hope he loses when he cashes in as I agree a loss wont do nothing to hurt him.

I hope the Jericho, Ziggler match ups have the ability to be good stuff with Jericho putting over Ziggler and raising him up a bit more.

So Brian Danielson and Miz seem to be the next match up with AJ and Eve in there as well. I saw AJ give that mad girlie smile to Miz like she did to Kane and he returned it. So I can see this whole wedding angle being a way for AJ to get some sort of revenge on Danielson and a way for them to split up without him lossing his face momentum.

I hope Tout does dismally. An extra hour of RAW but how much of that is going to be pushing Tout and Tout vids.

Ohh I'm enjoying NXT prob more then any mainstream WWE stuff at moment.

Oh and I'm enjoying NXT prob more then any mainst

I can envision the Rock interfering in next week's title match and costing Cena the win. . .

I hope so...

He went to film the Marine 3 after it was discovered that original star Randy Orton had actually been discharged from the Marines. Really, quite a bit of effort to make a movie no one will give a shit about.

I have a hunch that the wedding will be interrupted by Eve, with evidence that she seduced our boy Daniel, leading to AJ teafully calling the wedding off. Of course, this is pretty much the same thing that happened to the Edge/Vicki wedding, but I hardly see that as a problem. I just want to see this happen, so that supposed nerd Daniel Bryan will be linked onscreen romantically with both Bellas, Gail Kim, AJ, and Eve.:wub: And, of course, he's shagging a Bella in real life.

I can't see Bryan getting married. If he does, his chant will become "Yes Dear! Yes Dear! Yes Dear!" I hope AJ marries Eve instead. :biggrin:

There's just a feeling of a swerve to me with Cena cashing in the briefcase. Either before or after the match... Hmmm... Is Barret healed yet? And it's unlikely, but I'd love to see Ziggler cash in next week!

I didn't notice Miz missing, either. He was a b-carder basically since last year's Wrestlemania follow-up PPV (or wherever it was he lost the title), then appeared at the PPV fighting for Laurinaitis's team against Teddy Long, then was jobbing for folks on TV, then disappeared with a whimper.

I think Ziggler should cash it in. . .at a house show that no one will see! It would be just like the old days, when you had title changes (even Heavyweight ones--Bret Hart beating Flair for instance, or Diesel beating Bob Backlund) non-televised.

That would be cool. Then air footage on raw. Problem is I don't think the want to have Sheamus lose. The main goal with him is to be the replacement for Cena. So, I don't see Zigs cashing in on Sheamus. Plus they need to rehab Zigs with some high profile wins. Jericho, Rey, and Orton would get him way over.

I'd like to see them build Ziggler up to the point that it doesn't matter if he cashes in successfully, he's already a main-eventer. I don't know what that means, but it's what I'd like to see.

I think Cena's win is a lock (of course, I also thought Winter Soldier was a lock in the Marvel fan poll, so I don't have a good track record with these things). But I'd like to see them use this as a chance to bring back Punk's edge. Have Cena and Punk wrestle a PPV-quality match, with lots of false finishes, and Cena pulling it out in the end. He offers Punk his hand, but Punk just leaves. Next week, he explains himself with a scathing promo about how he was the champ for eight months and never MEd a PPV, how nothing's changed, ect. Make him at least a tweener again, and build up some real heat for the SS rematch.

Watching Raw 1000 tonight... my first thought of the night is: I must be the only fan from the Attitude Era that absolutely couldn't stand DX. I wasn't really watching WWE during the Shawn/HHH incarnation of the group, but by the time I switched over to WWE, I couldn't really see what everybody else saw in 'em. Road Dogg is still high on my all-time least favorite wrestlers list.

EDIT: Second thought of the night.... Jack Swagger's intro preempted... for a shameless Sonic promo. Is this, finally, the lowest moment of his career?

Edited by hellpop

The ONLY way I'll be happy with a three hour show is if we means we'll start getting some longer matches... but frankly, the talent roster is way too thin to fill that much time. Nitro was able to pull it off, because they had such a deep roster, with all those main eventers at the top of the card and all that great talent putting on great matches every week. But the WWE in 2012? It could be a struggle.

No, I despise DX, as well. I kinda liked them for a very brief time when they first started, but it didn't last long at all. When they started doing all the sexual innuendo and just acting like douche bags every week (talking HBK and HHH), I tuned out. Never cared for the Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, X-Pac, China crew that I recall. I'm out of town for work and couldn't catch Raw tonight. Will have to watch the replay on the Universal channel this weekend. Not sure if I want to be spoiled yet or not. Hmm. . .

Okay, I'll try not to spoil anything. But I'll tease you with: we get a payoff to the Mae Young/ Mark Henry angle. You know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and Lita just came out. Lita! Man, does she look awesome.:wub: