UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Wrestling Thread

hellpop

Well, first off, the match with John Cena at MITB was even better then the first. Cena won clean in the end, which bothered me momentarily, but it's pretty clear they are going to do another match. Afterwards, Cena put Owens over big time, told him he belongs, and offered his hand. Owens took it, then kicked him in the gut and laid him out with the powerbomb to the edge of the ring, just like he did to Sami Zayn and Alex Riley.

On Raw, he explained that Cena disrespected him by telling him he belongs, because he already knows that. He said Cena could have just left the ring, but he had to hog the spotlight. He then had a very good match with Dolph Ziggler. But that wasn't the best part.

Remember that skinny Machine Gun Kelly geek? Sang Cena to the ring at WrestleMania one year? Well, he performed, and (surprise!) he sucked. So, after he's done, who should appear to greet him at the top of the ramp but Kevin Owens, smiling and clapping. He congratulates MGK, tells him he performed very well. MGK offers Owens his hand. This pisses off Owens, who turns away from him. MGK takes offense to this and shoved Owens. So Kevin Owens kicks him in the gut, picks him up, and POWERBOMBS HIM OFF THE STAGE. Onto a crash pad, but still. It was glorious. Best thing since Brock Lesnar killed Michael Cole.

Oh, and Brock's back too. Brock vs. Seth at Battleground.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was pretty darn close. Might be more, if you consider that MGK is an outsider (no pun intended) with no reason to take a big bump like that. If they have him help Cena beat Owens at SummerSlam, then forget I said anything.

• 1 month later...

It's terrible and offensive, but I'm not too keen on presumed private conversations between people who are perceived friends or intimate partners being released publicly and affecting someone's life in other domains. But that's just the way things go. And I suppose it is karmic justice on some level for him obviously being a bit of a bigot.

He's already in the process of suing Gawker for posting the tape in the first place. I have to imagine this will lead to an even bigger lawsuit, since he has clearly been hurt by the tape's release. As K80 said, I don't feel good about his bigotry, but seeing someone's life and career ruined over illegally recorded and released private conversations from a decade ago doesn't sit right with me. Although I suppose I didn't mind when it was Donald Sterling....

• 4 weeks later...

I had a chance to watch NXT Takeover Brooklyn. Sasha Banks/Bayley stole the show.

I would be surprised if Vince allowed that, just on principle. After all, he didn't "make" Sting, and no amount of creative revisionist history can change that! I think we're more likely to see Sting humiliated and then thrown in a garbage dump or to have feces dropped on him on his way out.

I met Sting once. Total dick. Anyway, I'm trying to track down a Bella Twins Battle Pack for my daughter's birthday. Unfortunately, the scalpers are screwing things up. If anyone has a lead on a REASONABLY priced set, please let me know. To the jerks charging $150+ for that set, I've got two words for ya...