UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Wrestling Thread

hellpop

Del Rio as champ again, that's really interest. . .*snoooooooore* biggrin.png

Seriously, that guy's just pure filler in PPVs for mid-card faces who need to match. The bad guy equivalent to Seamus, so I guess it makes sense that they probably wrestled each other a hundred times.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sin Cara? That kind of rhymes with John Cena. I mean, his masks will sell a lot more if he's champ! And WWE wants a champ that pushes merchandise to little kids! Sin Cara somehow improved his in ring skills and seems to be a whole new person so why not push him to the moon? I do like the idea of Carlos Pena, though. That'd be a "Big Time Rush" if he wins. biggrin.png

Yeah, I knew you were kidding with Del Rio. But I wasn't in saying that I kind of like him. pinch.gif Sure, he's filler, and well, any champ now is filler until DB comes back or Cena regains the title anyway... I still think Orton is the safe choice.

I kind of like him too. Seamus too. They are good at what they do in the ring, but they just haven't connected with the crowd the way WWE wanted them to. Still, I would have put Dolph in the match ahead of Del Rio. But, if they do a second match for the briefcase, I'm sure he'll be in that one (and loose).

Watched most of Raw tonight, more then I usually do. MAN do those commentators make it hard to get through the show. Somehow, Cole is actually the best of the three. It's mind boggling.

Everything with the Shield and Rollins was really good. Ambrose's promo in particular was great. It really hit me this week how much I will miss them as a unit. Of course, when they are all former WWE champions and reunite in five years, it will be awesome.

Bunch of WWE releases today.

* Drew McIntyre

* Jinder Mahal

* Aksana

* Curt Hawkins

* Theodore Long

* Camacho

* Brodus Clay

* Evan Bourne

* Yoshi Tatsu

* Referee Marc Harris
So 3MB is no more. Really looking at that no major surprises. I can see all of them making a showing on TNA soon enough. especially Brodus Clay.
Honestly they should have gone full out steam roller with Clay like they are doing with Rusev now. The dancing fat guy gimmick wasn't going to last forever. Even Bourne to RoH to fued with Styles and Cole that could be some fun matches. Drew Mc was wasted from the start should have gone more Scottish with him and stuck him with Roddy Piper as a manager and would have worked better, that was actually Roddy Pipers suggestion ages ago.
and as always the websites make jokes about JTG still being employed. Who does that guy have the dirt on to still be around. The mind boggles.

The biggest surprise to me there is Teddy Long. Seems like he would be relatively cheap, and provides a nice personality that the audience can get behind. He was a manager years back, and could have done that, as well. But oh, well. Sorry to see Bourne is gone, but I guess he's been injured a lot. Don't really care about any of the others. I think McIntyre was a bit overhyped at first, and didn't show me much to warrant him being pushed any more than he was. But I can count on one hand the number of times I remember him being in a serious match where he was allowed to really show himself off in a technical way.

Edited by karamazov80

The bigger story is probably that the WWE no longer feels that they can keep talent on the payroll if they are not being used. The general feeling was that WWE would rather pay guys their downside guarantee then have them go somewhere else. Guess that's no longer the case.

It's also shocking that some of these guys (Aksana and 3MB) were still on TV regularly. Hell, I think Aksana is in a match on Smackdown this week. Kind of surprised about Jinder and Drew, since 3MB was actually pretty successful (for comedy jobbers) I wish they had some kind of sendoff. Hopefully, Heath Slater will do some kind of audition for new 3MB members.

Hmm Comedy Jobbers.

Tag teams, those matador guys and..err wait a sec after those 2 The Uso's and Rybaxel are there any tag teams in WWE?

Singles, Santino, Fandango, Alberto Del Rio and maybe after another few weeks Adam Rose. Thats quite a few guys doing the same schtick. Someones getting future endeavoured.

Hopefully, Heath Slater will do some kind of audition for new 3MB members.

Yeah, maybe his new members could include the Miz and Dolph Ziggler, since they have no chance of ever being pushed again.

So my power went out after Vicky got puked on and it didn't come back on until... Stardust! I didn't see most of the match so I can't comment on how Cody is playing him, but I was a happy camper that the power came back on just in time. I guess no explanation but Ambrose and Reigns are going their separate ways. A little odd at first, unless I missed it somewhere.

I'm still a little sad about the releases. I kept thinking the Authority was going to award JTG the WWE championship the entire time during the opening segment. Plus, 3MB were entertaining. Heath Slater seemed naked without them. sad.png

Looking at their website's little teaser, it looks like the MOTB title match will be decided between Seamus (very small chance), Del Rio (no chance), Cesaro (small to moderate chance), Reigns (moderate chance), Cena (large chance), Orton (moderate chance), and Wyatt (moderate chance).

If I were a betting man, I would bet on Cena, but I'll go with Wyatt because I think they will want to do something a bit less predictable.

Edited by karamazov80

I would go with Rollins, somehow. It doesn't make any sense that he betrayed his comrades to get in good with HHH, and then he's not even put in the match. I was expecting that Raw would have him in a qualifier against Cena, and that Ambrose would cost Rollins the match (much like Rollins did to Ambrose), leading to them wrestling at the special event PPV. But I guess they were too busy writing bathroom humor skits to think things through. I would have Cena or Reigns win, then have Rollins come out with a MitB briefcase handed to him by Hunter, which he cashes in on the spot. Something like that. Rollins beats Cena in a rematch on Raw but drops the title to Bryan when he returns.

Well, stranger things have occurred in the WWE. As I'm thinking more about it, a Reigns win would make a bit of sense from the corporate POV, because then you've got a roid-fueled face that McMahon can actually support, that would have the chance of taking Bryan's spot and relegating Bryan back to the mid-card. Whatever happens, they need to push another primary face with Bryan gone, and it's gonna have to be either Cena or Reigns at this point, whether one of those guys has the strap or not.

Edited by karamazov80