UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SAVE the Avengers

Mattallica

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just signed

They have a cartoon tied to a billion dollar movie, and they want to cancel it and wait another 12 to 18 months to get another one on the air? Are they officially nuts? And they haven't even tried making toys from this, or merchandising it beyond the Disney store...

Disney you morrons! Will sign as soon as I'm on my comp. If someone could direct me towards the 'get rid if Ultimate Spider-Man in favour of Spectacular' petition, i'd be very greatful

Disney/Marvel just don't seem to want good Marvel cartoons to survive. Foolish, narrow minded tunnel vision. Spectacular Spider-Man still holds up as one of the best, and yet they couldn't give it a second thought. I fear for Avengers future.

It could also be the case that 52 episodes are all that were ordered and planned for, (2 seasons, 26 eps long) and the question is whether to continue or stop.

And while I certainly signed the petition... what's the actual source material on this? Are we sure we're not getting worked up over rumor, conjecture, and... ahem... irresponsible speculation? (gee that last phrase sounds oddly familiar somehow)

I understand WatXM. That show was terrible. But Avengers? What still blows my mind is Spectacular Spider-man. That was the best Spiderman show ever. Bar none. But they cancel it, and have nothing on the air for 18 months while they're setting up for Ultimate Spiderman (which is awful). When asked, one of the Marvel/Disney execs gave the reason of "We don't want kids confused."

Now, 3 options. Either you personally didn't like the show, so you wanted it gone right now.

You don't believe your own crap about the 8-11 boy demographic turning over every 3 years.

Or you hate money and just didn't want merchandise on the shelves.

Now this? EHM is amazing. Best Marvel show ever. Some things that would help it though. Take it off Disney XD and put it on regular, basic cable stations. Get some merchandise out there for it. Those two things would assure it will last another 3 seasons. But it being 'too adult'? Adults don't know what kids can and can't handle.

I like EMH from what I have seen of it holds quite tightly to the main 616 universe and I think that's Disney's problem with it. It would seem to me that The house of mouse wants to make their own Marvel U where everything is uber kid friendly so we get USM to start with Spidey and his not so amazing friends then moused up versions of Avengers, Hulk and FF.

I am just waiting for that animorphic mouse and pals to really start digging their paws into the comics then we are all smurfed. With this and the DC new 52 stuff its I think not a great time to be a comic fan of the mainstream stuff.

Thank the All Father for stuff like Dynamite's Project Superpowers.

And while I certainly signed the petition... what's the actual source material on this? Are we sure we're not getting worked up over rumor, conjecture, and... ahem... irresponsible speculation? (gee that last phrase sounds oddly familiar somehow)

Best link I found so far with updated info, also has quotes from Loeb.

I really hope it doesn't get cancelled. But the sad reality is, even if it doesn't get cancelled, the long story arcs could be going away which IMO really make the series so much fun to watch in the first place :sad:

It is also interesting to note that the second half of Avengers EMH season 2 will have only self contained episodes, since Jeph took control over marvel animation when only 13 episodes of season 2 we made, hence the second half of the season (the part under his helm) will contain only stand alone episodes.

Just read the article and alot of his other stuff on USM. Wow fans really really dont like USM.

So it does look like there are going to be kiddie versions of Avengers and Hulk in the USM vein. Sad,sad,sad

I understand WatXM. That show was terrible. But Avengers? What still blows my mind is Spectacular Spider-man. That was the best Spiderman show ever. Bar none. But they cancel it, and have nothing on the air for 18 months while they're setting up for Ultimate Spiderman (which is awful). When asked, one of the Marvel/Disney execs gave the reason of "We don't want kids confused."

Now, 3 options. Either you personally didn't like the show, so you wanted it gone right now.

You don't believe your own crap about the 8-11 boy demographic turning over every 3 years.

Or you hate money and just didn't want merchandise on the shelves.

Now this? EHM is amazing. Best Marvel show ever. Some things that would help it though. Take it off Disney XD and put it on regular, basic cable stations. Get some merchandise out there for it. Those two things would assure it will last another 3 seasons. But it being 'too adult'? Adults don't know what kids can and can't handle.

Well I don't understand WatXM. I thought that was a well done show in the same vein as EMH is. They ended the season with a GREAT cliffhanger and overall they stayed close to 616.

I liked Spectacular Spider-man and i'll agree that it's been the best one recently but Spider-man Animated series from the 90s is the best ever spidey series.

I will be sad if we do get a kiddie version of EMH. I just started watching this season and have been thoroughly pleased.

The big story arcs are part of what make EMH so good. The whole season is building toward something. Sure you can have stand alone episodes or side stories along the way but all of the character and story development goes away when every episode is self contained. Do they really think kids can't follow longer story lines? Even two part episodes?

I haven't started watching Ultimate Spider-man yet so I can't really comment on that show but I was really disappointed when they cancelled Spectacular. I wasn't too upset about WatX being cancelled... I like having a show about the X-Men on the air but it was pretty bad. Really bad if you think about the X-verse it was creating. I absolutely love this Avengers universe though and it would be hard to make a better Avengers cartoon IMO. EMH seems to be doing everything right.

Is this the same Loeb responsible for the disastrous Ultimatum?

Edited by nate_studio

Well scrap. :verymad:

So much for hoping this was just the internet being jumpy.

And before everyone hates on Disney, Warner Brothers has done this as well. i.e. they have let a currently running popular show expire because it conflicts with their new shiny show. JLU was canceled largely because they did not like having two version of Batman out there to "confuse" kids. (at the time "the Batman" was just starting) I was wondering when it became clear this season that USM and EMH were to separate continuities how long they would let both keep going before they wanted to reconcile that. Apparently not long at all.

I probably should have been worried when they chose not to support it with a toy line.

Loeb is quickly being added to my list of creators I used to like before they lost their slaggin' minds.

Oh, great. One of the best superhero cartoons ever is going to be cancelled because it doesn't fit the vision of Jeph fucking Loeb, the guy responsible for nailing shut the coffin of the Ultimate line, among other horrors. That's just great.:verymad:

Bummer. This show is a lot, A LOT, of fun. I'll throw this out there, and I fully recognize that it is anecdotal evidence at best, but my toddler son really likes EMH. There have been a couple of episodes that he's been kind of "meh" about, but for the most part, he has a lot of fun watching Thor, Iron Man, and most especially Captain America and Hulk. I know he's way too young to follow the stories, but the PACING seems just right, even for someone his age. He watches and plays and runs around the house saying, "I'm the Hulk. Rooaaaaar!" Conversely, we tried to watch Ultimate Spider-Man. He made it less than 10 minutes in to one episode, and now he doesn't want to watch any Spider-Man at all. Three conclusions: (1) Ultimate Spider-Man is genuinely shitty. (2) EMH is genuinely good. (3) My son has very good taste in superhero cartoons.

Loeb is quickly being added to my list of creators I used to like before they lost their slaggin' minds.

When he was good, he was very, very good, but when he is bad, he is horrid.

Huh, well this sucks. Last week I rewatched the first season and then got caught up on season two and it is a really good show. I possibly the only person who likes the Super Hero Squad show more, but whatever. Canceling or dumbing down this show would be stupid. If it had to go one way or the other there, I'd rather it get canceled. I haven't seen USM yet (It keeps building up on me) but I wasn't to thrilled on it before it even started, so I have no idea what to think there. Spectacular Spider-Man was indeed one of, if not the, best Spidey shows to date. I still get that goddamn theme song stuck in my head all the time. Which is a big thing for me. I like catchy theme songs. I'm actually pretty vocal about my dislike for the EMH opening, but that's been changed with season two and now I don't seem to care as much. Anyway, I guess we wait and see what happens now. I will be sad if they kill off EMH though. It's a fantastic companion show to Young Justice, and I like that there's a huge Marvel Team show and a DC Team show on at the same time.

Hero up, Disney, you sons of bitches.

(I know, I should have said something along the lines of "Assemble" but I've chosen my side, and Hulk don't understand, dammit)

Edited by The Geohound

Is Super Hero Squad cancelled? I liked that show too and wouldn't that be good enough for the kiddie version of the Avengers?

I certainly don't bring it up to slag off or laugh at the fella, but was it Loeb who completely lost his way when his young son tragically died?

I think it was him, poor guy.

Seriously, why even bring it up. If it was that then why would Marvel put him in an important postion. I mean, I hate the idea of canceling or dumbing the series but I can see why. Carton's aren't made for adults and the true intention is to sell toys. So, where are the toys?

Bummer. This show is a lot, A LOT, of fun. I'll throw this out there, and I fully recognize that it is anecdotal evidence at best, but my toddler son really likes EMH. There have been a couple of episodes that he's been kind of "meh" about, but for the most part, he has a lot of fun watching Thor, Iron Man, and most especially Captain America and Hulk. I know he's way too young to follow the stories, but the PACING seems just right, even for someone his age. He watches and plays and runs around the house saying, "I'm the Hulk. Rooaaaaar!" Conversely, we tried to watch Ultimate Spider-Man. He made it less than 10 minutes in to one episode, and now he doesn't want to watch any Spider-Man at all. Three conclusions: (1) Ultimate Spider-Man is genuinely shitty. (2) EMH is genuinely good. (3) My son has very good taste in superhero cartoons.

(4) All of the above.