UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello Guys!

Hey Guys,

I'm Joe, and I'm from the barren wastes of Hoth Connecticut. I've been following Minimates from quite a while, dating back to an ad I saw for BSG 'mates. I never really got into them because I didn't have an avenue to access them (this was before they were sold at TRU), and I was relegated to reading the MMC reviews on the figures. When the Avengers movie came out, I decided to pick up the entire team from a local TRU. I fell in love with the figures instantly, and I guess I'm here to stay. As you guys can probably tell,

I have an unnatrual obsession with James Barnes. As such, if anyone can help me out with getting the Barnes Cap figure (whose price appears to be very high due to his pack mate, Red Skull), or the Invaders Bucky figure, I would appreciate it.

Besides that, there's not really that much more. I am a video game developer working for an independent studio, Scraps Productions (No, you haven't heard of us.) Our first game, El Gordo, is expected to hit in June.

I look forward to my time in the MMV

~Joe

Well, hello and welcome. I don't know that the Red Skull is the sole reason for Bucky acap being so expensive. I like to think it's because that mate is just plain awesome.

Anyways, welcome. Glad to see you've already picked a side in the Civil War.

Thanks Guys!

@GeoHound - It's not the sole reason, but it's a factor. As for my side in the CW, with a name like 'Bucky', you really only have one (awesome) choice.

Welcome! That's a bummer about no local direct market access but I'm glad that TRU has helped you out some. Hope you're enjoying Brubaker's Winter Soldier solo book!

It's amazing. I'm only on issue three thanks to my LCS being far away, but I like what I've read.

Hi & welcome :thumbsup: The Winter Soldier was directly responsible for my return to reading comics & indirectly my final descent into that abyss that is known as 'Minimate completism . I'm no connoisseur of comics but that Cap run was amongst the finest I've ever read.

No Winter Soldier Minimate ? Who knows why ?

Hi & welcome :thumbsup: The Winter Soldier was directly responsible for my return to reading comics & indirectly my final descent into that abyss that is known as 'Minimate completism . I'm no connoisseur of comics but that Cap run was amongst the finest I've ever read.

No Winter Soldier Minimate ? Who knows why ?

I agree. The Cap run was amazing, and we are all lucky to have WS in a solo. I was worried he was going to get swept up in one of those 'make everything like the movies' changes, and they were going to remove him from the modern MU.

As for the lack of a Winter Soldier 'mate, I chalk it up to DST saving him for a Cap wave. Same reason why we haven't seen a normal Sin or Agent 13.

Good to meet you, Bucky.

Remember, if you find yourself on a drone plane... don't try to defuse the bomb, just jump.

Good to meet you, Bucky.

Remember, if you find yourself on a drone plane... don't try to defuse the bomb, just jump.

I'll try to. I might be able to defuse it, though. I just need to get close to the bomb...