UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: The Dark World

^This^

I'm also going to take a stab here and say they try to do the dark and edgy thing, and have Thor be killed, go to Helheim, make a deal with Helena, and come back in a duce ex machina moment, ala RotF, a movie that should never be taken as an example for anything aside from how to not make a movie.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.

Niffleheim, Hela rules over Niffleheim, and a realm called "Hel". She is Loki's daughter, born from an afair with a soceress while Loki was secretly amassing dark occult knowledge. In mythology and comics, Odin decreeing the dangerously powerful Hela would rule over the non-honored as a form of banishment was one of the many things that filled Loki's heart with rage against his adoptive father. Hela has little use for her father's schemes. But Odin's later decree that she could no longer expand her realms with mortal souls when Asgard broke formal ties with Midgard made an enemy of the Queen of the Dead. When Thor lead warriors from Asgard to sucessfully thwart one of Hela's schemes, Hela cursed the Thunderer. She banished him to eternal life, and at the same time rendered his bones both brittle and unmending, so Thor would live forever in constant agony. Nice girl, that Hela.

So she wouldn't have to kill Thor, her infamous Simonson era curse would make for a great obstical for Thor to work through over the course of a movie.

Still seems good for the ol bleeding eyed Bond villain as that dark elf fella thats being discussed.

Problem is that he had to drop out because of the Hannibal TV series he's doing. :'(

Ohhhh, really?

Definitely a shame that, kid has his priorities all wrong!

• 1 month later...

Sigh.

Niffleheim, Hela rules over Niffleheim, and a realm called "Hel". She is Loki's daughter, born from an afair with a soceress while Loki was secretly amassing dark occult knowledge. In mythology and comics, Odin decreeing the dangerously powerful Hela would rule over the non-honored as a form of banishment was one of the many things that filled Loki's heart with rage against his adoptive father. Hela has little use for her father's schemes. But Odin's later decree that she could no longer expand her realms with mortal souls when Asgard broke formal ties with Midgard made an enemy of the Queen of the Dead. When Thor lead warriors from Asgard to sucessfully thwart one of Hela's schemes, Hela cursed the Thunderer. She banished him to eternal life, and at the same time rendered his bones both brittle and unmending, so Thor would live forever in constant agony. Nice girl, that Hela.

So she wouldn't have to kill Thor, her infamous Simonson era curse would make for a great obstical for Thor to work through over the course of a movie.

This could allow for an easy Iron Man cameo, but it could also be saved for the third film. The story of being cursed and fighting through the curse and building the armor to protect his bones could make for a decent movie on it's own.

Edited for not making good sense.

Edited by pappymojo

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow - he's quite a beast.

I know movie studios like to keep some things a surprise, but couldn't they just ask toy companies to sign confidentiality agreements about content/designs & let them have access images to what will clearly be popular villains/alternate costumes etc... in time to produce figures of them?

This isn't just a minimates problem. We didn't final battle Whiplash in any from, did we?

Wow - he's quite a beast.

I know movie studios like to keep some things a surprise, but couldn't they just ask toy companies to sign confidentiality agreements about content/designs & let them have access images to what will clearly be popular villains/alternate costumes etc... in time to produce figures of them?

This isn't just a minimates problem. We didn't final battle Whiplash in any from, did we?

HT is making a final battle whiplash but that's 3-5 (depending on when ht decides to release him) later. And yeah, that'd be the best thing to do. We missed some great characters due to this (silver samurai, final battle whiplash, final battle killian) due to dst not having access to the source material.

Whiplash MK 2 was a last minute change by the movie studio, the original ending of Iron Man 2 didn't have Whiplash in a suit at all, so that at least explains why none of the toy lines had production designs. Final Battle Killian makes sense too, as the studio wanted to play up the Mandarin as the villain as much as possible. To date, DST is the only toy company to produce a Killian figure in any capacity, so at least we got that.

Silver Samurai missing from the Wolverine line is a bit disappointing, but with the upcoming Tomb Raider mates, it should be somewhat possible to put together a custom Silver Samurai using Solarii parts.

The ones that still "grinds my gears" are the Thor designs that never made it to production. Fandral, Hogun, and Powered Up Thor. Even Hasbro put out a full set of Warriors Three figures. I'm really hoping the mates from the upcoming Dark World are similar enough to the first version that it won't trigger my OCD. ermm.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, that's exactly why I don't like previews any more. That last shot would have probably been a LOT more enjoyable in the context of the movie, like when Indiana Jones shot the swordsman in Cairo. Now I'll be anticipating it.

There's a call to limit the length of trailers to under 60 seconds and I'm on board with it. I'm sorry but if you can't sell your movie to me in that time, oh well.