UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: The Dark World

We know how comic book films work... Marvel have to decide which Thor film will be a trainwreck, 2 or 3.

We could have a great, backs to the walls emotional masterpiece, with all of Asgard struggling against Surtur, with Odin tragically losing his life.

... and a camp mess, as Ivy & Bane dress up as Enchantress & Executioner to unleash a Wrecking crew on love rival Jane Foster (Chris O'Donnell)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let's say the Gauntlet is the genesis for the second Avengers movie. Nothing says the gauntlet in the treasure room is complete. All the other Marvel movies could easily be tied in by having each gem from the gauntlet found. Not necessarily being a prominent part.

Iron Man 3 - Mandarin has the rings or some similar thing and one of the rings is one of the Infinity Gems. At the end we see Thanos show up sift through the wreckage and collect the ring/gem.

Thor2 - Whoever loosed Surtur also nabbed the gauntlet with its sole gem still intact and gives it to Thanos

Hulk 2 - Hulk fights someone powered by a gem. Like Iron Man we see Thanos collect the gem.

Captain America 2 - Cap battles whoever on their quest to obtain an infinite power source. Bad guy gets to location finds item missing, believes he was tricked fights Cap and his underling. We find out Thanos was the one who nabbed the Gem.

Avengers 2- Opens with Thanos obtaining 5th gem. Act 2 he fights avengers as he gains 6th gem, beats them then disappears. Act 3 usual hero stuff.

:) Hopefully the Warriors Three will get revisited as well.

Second :D

As a fan of Hercules my hope is the Marvel Cineverse will expand into the Greek pantheons. However I suspect this is unlikely to happen, so I hope the next film takes place primarily on Asgard and allows DST to give us the remaining Warriors Three and Heimdall :D

We know how comic book films work... Marvel have to decide which Thor film will be a trainwreck, 2 or 3.

We could have a great, backs to the walls emotional masterpiece, with all of Asgard struggling against Surtur, with Odin tragically losing his life.

... and a camp mess, as Ivy & Bane dress up as Enchantress & Executioner to unleash a Wrecking crew on love rival Jane Foster (Chris O'Donnell)

LOL!

And here I thought I'd had a good idea. :huh:

no no, Miry, I liked it... honest, in fact I think it would be my top want for a Thor sequel. I just meant that the 3rd film always ends up being bloated, crowded and poorly paced... it is all in the execution, after all (certainly, no pun intended).

Iron Man 2 felt like it should have been Iron Man 3... I do hope Iron Man 3 turns out to be an Iron Man 2 :confused: ... right?

sniff... really? You mean it, dj? >hitch< >snorffle< Yu... you're not just sayin' that?

Compose yourself Miry, for God's sake... I don't like seeing you like this. But yes, if they could get those 7 villains in the film, and not have it feel too forced... who could really complain?

Edit: 6... not 7

Edited by dj87

Le Chiffre! Good actor, though I've no idea who he'll be playing. An evil elf, or something?

I only know really really old Thor, and modern Thor.

Whatever happens, with the Game of Thrones fellow on board, I've no doubt I'll thoroughly enjoy this sequel.

Malekith, King of the Dark Elves springs to mind as far as Asgardian threats.

Too tiny to be Executioner, which is depressing. Guess that means they're playing up the "Other Worlds" concept. Kind of annoying. Even more annoying that he's "joining Tom Hiddleston as the villain in Thor 2" (from the IM3 casting link). Loki is great and Tom is fantastic but i don't want him central to EVERY story.

Actually TTF, if we are getting Malekith, then he has double crossed Loki every time he's been anywhere near one of Loki's schemes, usually to the point Loki winds up having to help Thor against him. Which would be a fun change of pace- Mal setting something in motion, and Thor needs Loki's help to stop it.

Side note- Malekith was originally assisted by his henchman Algrim the Strong until Algrim nearly died fighting Thor. Surviving only because of his magical armor, but robbed of all memories save a burning desire for revenge on Thor, Algrim rose again as the Mighty Kurse. As Kurse, he attracted the attention of of the Beyonder. Big B was fascinated by Kurse's intense single minded desire, so out of curiosity of what would happen if it were fulfilled, the Beyonder granted Kurse enough power to accomplish this goal. Probably the best of the "Secret Wars II" tie in stories.

Actually TTF, if we are getting Malekith, then he has double crossed Loki every time he's been anywhere near one of Loki's schemes, usually to the point Loki winds up having to help Thor against him. Which would be a fun change of pace- Mal setting something in motion, and Thor needs Loki's help to stop it.

Side note- Malekith was originally assisted by his henchman Algrim the Strong until Algrim nearly died fighting Thor. Surviving only because of his magical armor, but robbed of all memories save a burning desire for revenge on Thor, Algrim rose again as the Mighty Kurse. As Kurse, he attracted the attention of of the Beyonder. Big B was fascinated by Kurse's intense single minded desire, so out of curiosity of what would happen if it were fulfilled, the Beyonder granted Kurse enough power to accomplish this goal. Probably the best of the "Secret Wars II" tie in stories.

I only know Malekith from "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes." It'd be cool to have a Minimate of him someday. We're sorely lacking in Thor villains, IMO. :(

• 1 month later...

Dark World. Svartalfheim. Land of the Dark Elves. Malekith the accursed, ruler of the Dark Elves.

makes a degree of sense.