UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor: The Dark World

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay Thor 2 with extra added Wrecking Crew :D

Come on I can wish, but to be honest I could see Enchantress and Executioner in Thor 2. Executioner could be the Evil Thor, strong guy with magic weapon against strong guy with magic weapon.

They did it with IM against Ironmonger and even War Machine And Hulk against Abomination.

For me Thor against Loki don't count as I've never seen Loki as a throwing punches type of guy.

:) Hopefully the Warriors Three will get revisited as well.

And yeah, with this apparently focusing more on Asgard, Enchantress and Executioner would be a perfect fit.

Edited by Turtle

Dang, I was really hoping Thor 2 would take place in Candyland, but it looks like that won't be happening. I really wanted to see Lord Licorice get smited in the Molasses Swamp, but I guess I'm waiting for Thor 3 for that.

By the way, I've spent all week trying to figure out how the big blockbuster movie of this week is based on a board game and I think it's influencing my perspective on movies currently.

Luke, I agree 100%, but I think Thor's comment in Avengers (when he first confronts Loki on the mountain) gives me the impression that they plan on keeping him on Earth for the other movies. His line was something like "Earth is under MY protection."

Minifiend, I think you are on to something with the sequel and Wrecking Crew. Thor has proven in both his movie and Avengers that he can really take some damage, but Loki's small Asgardian dagger really seemed to hurt him in Avengers. He needs a real brutal challenge for the next movie to show he is vulnerable, and 4 villains wielding Asgardian weaponry would work great for that, think Superman versus the Kryptonian villains in 'Superman II', minus the ridiculous of the late 1970's. :thumbsup:

Dang, I was really hoping Thor 2 would take place in Candyland, but it looks like that won't be happening. I really wanted to see Lord Licorice get smited in the Molasses Swamp, but I guess I'm waiting for Thor 3 for that.

By the way, I've spent all week trying to figure out how the big blockbuster movie of this week is based on a board game and I think it's influencing my perspective on movies currently.

LOL, Battleship is what I imagine Michael Bay's dreams are like...

Speaking of Bay, I can't remember where I read it (maybe on Sideshow Freaks), but someone said "The Avengers is the movie that Michael Bay THINKS he is making!" :lol:

Really hoping for Enchantress to start weaving a little web of her own in this movie; always enjoyed the character. (Ultimate design would be best, for the record). In fact, it would be cool if she ends up being the one to give 4 Asgardian gifts to a group of special humans...

I'd also like to see Thor as less of a bruiser in this film. Sure, in Thor we didn't get to see him as much as "Thor," but when he was he was pretty brutal. Same with Avengers, though that was understandable. Hope he's more resourceful and strategic as a King now.

Well Thor 2 will at least have to start in Asgard, since that's where Thor and Loki were headed. And hopefully they will explain exactly how Thor got to Earth in the Avengers in the first place.

But they need to avoid Loki as the villian, and any mention of the word tesseract, or these movies are going to start to get real repetitive.

Enchatress would work a villian, since her main interest in the Asgardian throne is bedding Thor so she will eventually be Queen. Actually ruling Asgard is too much like work for a dedicated hedonist like Amora. Add to that her annoyance over Thor's infatuation with a mortal, and a desire to eliminate a rival, now you've got a plot. Skurge provides the principle physical threat. Although prehaps Amora could empower mortal pawns like the Wrecking Crew to threaten Jane on Earth.

See now, we're cookin'!

This was my favorite line in yb's link:

'as for how precisely Heimdall is going to fit in now that the Bifröst is destroyed and the bridge between worlds collapsed, we'll just have to see as the cameras start rolling later this summer on the second part of Marvel's Asgardian Saga. It is still just speculation that he will now be guarding the Bicuriöus.'

Edited by groundhog7s

You could take that as confirmation that Amora's in the movie... just sayin'

And hopefully they will explain exactly how Thor got to Earth in the Avengers in the first place.

Loki hinted at it when he first saw Thor and said "how much dark energy Odin had to use to send {Thor} back to Earth". Could that be an infinity gauntlet tie-in?

Even given Big T's cameo, actually using the Infinity Gauntlet is problematic. If you start using the thing, and then letting Thanos take it, basically you're setting up a situation in which there is no way for the heroes to win. The Avengers didn't beat Thanos when he had the Gauntlet, they were slaughtered, Thanos was careless and defeated himself by letting the gems be stolen by a less competent user, Nebula. Her the good guys defeated. I just don't think the American movie public will be pleased where the heroes are shown to be completely impotent and ineffectual and the villain is beaten by his own self doubt.

Fandral and Hogun please.

^ This.

Btw, does anyone know if Jane Foster will be reappearing?

Even given Big T's cameo, actually using the Infinity Gauntlet is problematic. If you start using the thing, and then letting Thanos take it, basically you're setting up a situation in which there is no way for the heroes to win. The Avengers didn't beat Thanos when he had the Gauntlet, they were slaughtered, Thanos was careless and defeated himself by letting the gems be stolen by a less competent user, Nebula. Her the good guys defeated. I just don't think the American movie public will be pleased where the heroes are shown to be completely impotent and ineffectual and the villain is beaten by his own self doubt.

The Infinity Gauntlet made an appearance in the first Thor film.

Natalie Portman is supposed to be signed on for it, but how big a part she'll play is anyones' guess.

And yeah, I know, Frosty. But seeing the glove for a split second in the treasure vault and actually using it are two different things entirely.

Point of irony... there was nothing special about the glove, it's just one of Thanos' gloves and he stuck the gems to it as he acquired them. Aside from a cool visual of the multi-colored gems on an orange-gold glove, I'm really not sure why they kept remounting the gems back on that particular glove once it was taken from Warlock and disassembled. Kinda begging for Big T to come back looking for it if you asked me. Which may be the story of the glove in Odin's vault.

Whedon said the next movie will be a lot more personal and a lot more painful... Seeing the Avengers trounced and letting them make a comeback might be just what he's after.

My guess is that Thor 2 will involve Thanos in some way actually. See... not only is the Gauntlet in Odin's vault, Loki is in Asgard. And Thanos is not happy with his little slave right now. The Other said that Thanos would be coming for Loki, so... maybe in Thor 2 he, well, he comes for Loki. And leaves with the Gauntlet. Just my theory.

And Tony Hopkins was so looking forward to taking his turn with the "You Shall Not PAAAHHS!" routine. Oh well.

On the other hand, Surtur is the biggest nastiest threat in the Asgardian mythos. After you defeat you pantheon's ultimate evil, what's left for a third film? Among the many sins committed by FF2, the most glaring was using Galactus in your second movie, because once you go there, anything else seems smaller. Of course you could argue the way they went there was far, far worse, but then they haven't made a sequel to that one, have they?