UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man Costumes

Jatta Pake

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH!

But with a torso that includes all 6 arm-pegs instead of that add on that, while trying to be helpful, doesn't keep the arms on so hot.

Agreed - similar to the piece they made for Salaak! The harness was a nice idea but i felt like it added a little too much bulk to the figure.

I regard Spider variants as a necessary evil, as long as we can keep dealing in cannon variants, and a minimum of straight up redoes I'm Okay.

But if we start heading down the Street Luge Spider-Man, yeah I'm gonna complain.

+1 on Doppelganger

I just want all of you posting in this thread to know that you have lost the right to complain when DST makes any of these.

That's the exact reason I'm posting here... I want all these!

Fine, fine, just so long as we're all clear.:)

I just want all of you posting in this thread to know that you have lost the right to complain when DST makes any of these.

Great Spidey variants are always welcome to me. . .but rehashes and ugly/lame variants are less-so :D

Point, set, match- jcastick :highfive2:

asm-spider-island-2.jpg

Did they really wear the outfits or was it just for a promo/cover? I ask because I would like to know how the "House of Ideas" lamed into this.

Those were just covers but it's an interesting way to cheat other characters in there! I haven't read Spider-Island but it was universally the most acclaimed event story/book of last summer; I saw a lot more positive press about it then I did Fear Itself and Flashpoint, both of which I did read and wished that people weren't so polite about them being not-so-great. I love Slott but still feel weird about him killing Roderick Kingsley in such a weird way in his first issue of doing ASM solo. On top of that, I hate the very idea of the Man-Spider and in a way, the story kind of becomes 'City of the Man-Spiders'; doesn't help that they bring in the Queen, the villain from the Avengers Disassembled Spider-Man tie-in which is in the running for least favorite Spidey story ever for me. Humberto Ramos is a great guy but wow, that arc is terrible in ways I still hate even thinking about.

To make this on topic, I'd be down for both Bag-Man and Doppelganger. The Slingers would be awesome as they'd be taking care of other characters who've hung out in plenty of other books, but if we got one, then I'd want all four; that said, if they're in the poll, everyone vote for Hornet as he's the one that would need the greatest number of new parts :lol:

The new 'Big Time' era is a goldmine for new looks so I think we'll see at least one of them in there! I really like the Fantastic Spidey though it really didn't appear very long before the Future Foundation suit showed up. The variations on some of the newer costumes are also really cool as well (especially the FF one)!

spider-tux.jpg

I know no one's probably a fan of the story it's from (I'm not) but this Spider-tux number by Paolo Rivera might make for a classy anniversary type minimate in the future. Sure it only appeared on a cover but it looks snazzy.

I.don't.know.what.you're.talking.about,.lemon. That.picture.makes.no.sense. After.all,. Peter.and.MJ.were.never.married,.everyone.knows.they.only.lived.together.for.years. After.all,. a.married.Peter.Parker.is.just.crazy.talk. Peter.being.single.is.an.essential.element.of.the.character. Like.living.with.Aunt.May.and.going.to.high.school.

I haven't gotten up to Spider-Island yet in my reading (these days, I'm basically waiting for the trade at remaindered price, so I'm usually 1-2 years behind in my reading... which doesn't seem to matter in the least), but post-BND Spidey has been very good, by and large. I agree with you about Slott killing off the original Hobgoblin and replacing him with Phil Ulrich (messes up Spider-Girl continuity at the same time :verymad:), but I think he'd definitely the guy to write Spidey.

The Spidey wedding topper Minimate set might actually be a popular item....

I.don't.know.what.you're.talking.about,.lemon. That.picture.makes.no.sense. After.all,. Peter.and.MJ.were.never.married,.everyone.knows.they.only.lived.together.for.years. After.all,. a.married.Peter.Parker.is.just.crazy.talk. Peter.being.single.is.an.essential.element.of.the.character. Like.living.with.Aunt.May.and.going.to.high.school.

My favorite stories came after that, the ones where he was "swingin'" kinda guy and did things like sleep with his roommate's sister. Simple stuff like that, with no drama! :biggrin:

Still, it's a nice cover for a What If? amirite?

I haven't gotten up to Spider-Island yet in my reading (these days, I'm basically waiting for the trade at remaindered price, so I'm usually 1-2 years behind in my reading... which doesn't seem to matter in the least), but post-BND Spidey has been very good, by and large. I agree with you about Slott killing off the original Hobgoblin and replacing him with Phil Ulrich (messes up Spider-Girl continuity at the same time :verymad:), but I think he'd definitely the guy to write Spidey.

That's the way to do it; you can get most of the BND era Hardcovers for $5 at a lot of conventions, something I've been thinking about doing for a while now. I'm hoping Slott has plans for Roderick somehow as it seemed so weird to bring him back out of nowhere and ice 4 pages later (other than possible shock value I guess). Maybe it'll turn out that the new Crime Master is Kingsley and not Ned Leeds like I suspect?

How about Spider-Man Fairy Tales?

post-3472-0-64542800-1337014961_thumb.jp

post-3472-0-17898500-1337014976_thumb.jp

I'll post all my Spider-man customs within the week. Sadly, this isn't one of them.......yet.

Neat! I hadn't heard much about this series but that's some slick looking work. MvC Arthur really opened up a lot of possible customs, didn't he?

That's the way to do it; you can get most of the BND era Hardcovers for $5 at a lot of conventions, something I've been thinking about doing for a while now. I'm hoping Slott has plans for Roderick somehow as it seemed so weird to bring him back out of nowhere and ice 4 pages later (other than possible shock value I guess). Maybe it'll turn out that the new Crime Master is Kingsley and not Ned Leeds like I suspect?

http://fearlessreadersonline.com/

My favorite place for cheap comics and trades. Right now, they've got about 1,600 tpbs and hcs in stock.

Earlier Sarcasm aside, I'm hoping now that Quesada has moved on Slott can move on with the most problematic aspect of Peter and MJ's deal with Mephisto- Deals with a devil never end with any positive results. They just don't. It's a literary rule literally going back centuries. And it may not be Slott, it may not be for another 5 years, but someday this has to come back and bite them.

I'm hoping Slott has plans for Roderick somehow as it seemed so weird to bring him back out of nowhere and ice 4 pages later (other than possible shock value I guess). Maybe it'll turn out that the new Crime Master is Kingsley and not Ned Leeds like I suspect?

As a recipient of the same Goblin formula that prevented Norman or Harry from actually dying, I can only assume Roderick is over in Europe recovering. That's what dead Goblin's do afterall. And Phil as the anti-Spidey is actually an interesting story so far.