130 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers vs X-Men

• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

It's so obvious the Wrecking Crew would be a bad choice for TRU I'm not even sure why we're having this discussion. Notice that even Hasbro hedged their bets when they made them in Marvel Universe, as only the Wrecker was released as a single-carded figure. I think the best way to release the crew would be in a TRU wave, paired with a hero to fight. Maybe battle-damaged Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Spidey?

Anyway, let's put them aside and talk about what the poll might actually contain. I think an Avengers theme would be logical, obviously, assuming that TRU isn't tired of Avengers merch yet. Maybe the West Coast Avengers as a theme? You'd have two big names in Iron Man and Hawkeye (heck, you can even have two Iron Men listed in the poll, since both Stark and Rhodey were Wackos). You've got lots of unmade characters to appease those pain in the asses that are never satisfied about anything us, like Tigra and Mockingbird. You can even just do a set based on this:

22146-3372-24709-1-west-coast-avengers_super.jpg

I suppose they'd have to remove Rom, sadly.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney store the Wrecking Crew. Seriously, when I found Kang and Reaper, they were surounded not just by Hasbro Avengers movie stuff, and Marvel Select, but also T-Shirts, hats, PJ's, all manner of liscensed stuff for the EMH cartoon. (And yes Dino, they had stuff with Wasp on it so better get going) The Crew turned up two or three times in season one of EMH, and a couple of times in SHS, so the neighborhood kids know who they are. Sure, they only know them as the Wrecker and his guys, and can't remember if the guy in the helmet is Bulldozer or Piledriver, but they know they are big strong bad guys. Send them in like the Kang/Reaper packs: half Crew, half Avengers big guns. There- Problem solved.

Love your idea hp. Darn shame no Rom. Maybe sub him out for Rick Jones. :thumbsup:

I can certainly agree that a 'Crew 4-pack's ideal release point would not be as a TRU exclusive.

Just wanted to point out that they ARE wanted; they are tied to almost every major Avenger in some way, they do have some looser ties to Spidey, they have always been mentioned as fan favorites across many lines/toy platforms, they have been recently featured in two separate marvel cartoon tv shows, they were just released in a major toy line in Legends (granted, seperately and not all at once) - we do want to see them made and have so for several years. And let's face it... with the dawn of the bigger body parts, they'd look cool as *bleep* in minimate form.

How 'bout two convention exclusive 4-packs? Two crew members, two Avengers (rehashed minimates even)? Any takers? :unsure:

Edited by sha_ckwave

I'll be honest...

If you guys made 4 four packs...

1. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wrecker

2. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Thunderball

3. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Piledriver

4. Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Bulldozer

I'd buy all 4 :unsure:

Can I get one of those fancy banners that just say's "I'm with DST, and will enjoy whatever they give me"? Super pumped to hear the poll announcement.

Here ya go:

post-1897-0-03170400-1336788262_thumb.pn

image selected is meant as a good natured jab at DST’s choices and I can change it if someone has a funnier/better idea (but serious, that set WOULD kinda kick ass)

post-1897-0-64218100-1336789258_thumb.pn

made another one! I’m boooooooored!

You are a hero.

Maybe Wrecking Crew can be Luke's first exclusive? :thumbsup:

Or Wrecking Crew minus one plus Thor. With a TRU chaser. ;)

On topic:

I would be super excited for any of these themes:

West Coast Avengers

Agents of Atlas

Modern Gaursians of the Galaxy

Second Coming

Starjammers

Noir

Savage Land

Brotherhood

Women of Marvel

"Hulked out heroes" from Hulk when everyone got bulked up like Hulk

Here's hoping!

For the boxed set, WCA would be pretty sweet, with that WCA Hawkeye (full sleeves, dark blue), Tigra, Mockingbird, and WCA Wonder Man.

But about the Wave 50 poll... if you see the "Characters in this Story" sidebar to the right, assuming this is relevant to the posting, it would suggest that the primary characters we'll be choosing from include Cap, Ghost Rider, Thing, Iron Man, and Wolverine. This wouldn't be the Wave 2 (supporting) or 3 ("targets"/villains) but probably the first round of voting.

I have to agree with Zach, while we I would say a very hardcore at times fans would know how well the Crew would fit into the 616 minmate line up as they have crossed paths with a high percent of the major heroes at on time or another the casual TRU buyer wouldn't be as clued up.

Crew as a SDDC etc 4pack seems a bteer idea.

I could see TRU going for something like, Feral Wolverine, Silver Samurai, Weapon X Wolvie (with Helmet etc) and maybe an updated Mystique.

This could be cool, but I stand by Team X - Logan, Creed, and North in their Team X gear with a redone Omega Red to fight. Lots of guns and knives, and maybe parts to make North into Maverick?

Jim Lee X-Men? Wolverine, Forge, and Banshee in their blue and yellows and Legion as the baddie?

Avengers Disassembled - Wasp, She-Hulk, redone Hawkeye, and Jack of Hearts

The new Fantastic Four - Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Ghost Rider (w/bike?)

Ends of the Earth - EotE Spider-Man, updated Black Widow, Sandman, and modern Doc Ock

@ Bob: Yeah, I was wondering how many guys are going to switch over to your banner.

@Mnemosis: You'd make an Avengers Disassembled set without the Scarlet Witch? That's like making a Secret Invasion set without including any of the important... wait... never mind.

BTW, there's one very logical, very current possibility that no one has mentioned yet which would allow for the greatest amount of big name characters and appeal to the casual fan... I'll give you a hint: it starts with an A, ends with an X, with vs in between.....

Hellpop - I suppose you could swap out Wanda for Jen, but I was thinking a more ripped (though not QUITE so roided out as in the comics) She-Hulk might be a more useful addition than a redone Wanda. The Wanda that's out there is decent. Not perfect, but decent. Hawkeye's the set mover, JoH is the obscure "No other way we'd get him fig"... hey, maybe include Wanda and then make Wasp be an accessory for Jen/Hawkeye

Okay, that's two votes for four-packs that are half rehashes, half Wrecking Crew. This is getting scary.

Hopefully these sets lead DS to order more Minimates.

Is this any scarier than buying 3 guys just released to get Kang?

:thumbsup:

You put out the Wrecking Crew, I'm sure lots of folk will go for it.

Yep, Jatta's probably right there. I forgot all about it being Spidey's 50th. Guess it was the lack of embossed chrome covers that threw me.

One more... Maximum Carnage!

Spider-Man

Deathlok

Carnage

Doppleganger

Yes, please!

And a second box set with Shriek, Carrion, Demogoblin, and one of Spider-Man's allies during Maximum Carnage (Firestar, Nightwatch, Morbius, or whomever).

I wouldn't mind a Heroes set & Villains set for Maximum Carnage: Carnage, Shriek, Doppleganger & Carrion in one set. Spider-Man, Morbius, Deathlock & Firestar in the other.

Okay, that's two votes for four-packs that are half rehashes, half Wrecking Crew. This is getting scary.

Hopefully these sets lead DS to order more Minimates.

Well I don't mean just give us 4 direct re-releases either. :ohmy:

There's no reason you can't get creative using existing parts and fill out the sets with other fan wants with slight deco changes to existing parts... Steve Rogers as the Captain (Cap/Us Agent Parts, Repainted Taskmaster Shield)... Classic Black Panther (BP re-release with no cape and slight deco change to gloves and boots... West Coast Avengers Hawkeye (Dark Hawkeye with a Clint Barton head and proper facial expression), James Rhodes Iron Man, etc.

But yet another Cap or Thor wouldn't bother me if it means we get the 'Crew. :thumbsup:

I'd go with Cap and Hercules (He-Man outfit) in one, Thor and either Scott Lang in the original Ant-Man gear, Black Knight, or Wasp in the other. I pick those characters because they feature prominently in a clash between the Avengers and the Crew when the Wrecker and company were part of the 4th Masters of Evil. Cap and Thor could be roughed up a little just to make them distinct versions and not straight redoes.

If you're wondering, I'd choose this Wasp costume, the one she wore while fighting the Masters/Wreking Crew:

Wasp_001.gif

Not trying to drive this deeply into wishlist territory, just making my suggestion more plain.

I was thinking the same thing, Miry. I think they could do a REALLY cool "Avengers vs. Masters of Evil" theme over a specialty and TRU wave. The ONLY problem with tying it directly to (what we know refer to as) Under Siege is that the MoE dwarf the Avengers by four to one, and most every Avenger that appeared in that story has been made (save for Dane), so they'd all be rehashes. But I'd be very, very happy with a Buscema Wasp, and if they could somehow make a Captain America Minimate that looked like it stepped off a John Buscema/Tom Palmer page, I'd be estatic.:thumbsup: