130 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers vs X-Men

• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

It's gotta be a first! Usually I'm the last to find something (mainly because toy companies hate Chicago suburb stores).

Not sure if this is the SKU (it's too long to be a normal SKU) or barcode, but this is the number on the receipt: 699788214329

*shrugs*

Edited by TENIME_art

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cary and Durham TRU have notoriously bad at getting boxed sets since Secret Wars... Now there's a brand new TRU, so I'm hoping things will be different. But so far no luck there either. May just have to wait for it to show online.

I found them at the Aurora, IL TRU, and I was going to share pics immediately after posting that I'd found them, but upon opening the box, I am missing an Iron Hand (there are spots for two regular Minimate hands in the tray underneath the figures, but only one of them had anything in it). I need to exchange it. Which really pisses me off, since that store is extremely out of my way, so it might not happen until Saturday at the earliest. I hope they still have some by then. <_<

Any chance of getting some pics before you return them? I don't mind that there's some hands missing in the pics. haha.

These are listed on Previews list, as is the Venom TTA set. Strange I thought TRU's would get these. Maybe they're being "shared" ala AFX's exclusives.

That's an error. They are shipping to TRUs, and should not be on any Previews lists.

Whomp whomp. Well, thankful TRU online carries stuff.

To prove I wasn't lying:

avxIMAG0865.jpg

And if I'd had them in my trunk, I could've exchanged them last night, as my errands ended up placing me 5 minutes from the store I bought them from (and had a full peg when I did)... :rolleyes:

I found them at the Aurora, IL TRU, and I was going to share pics immediately after posting that I'd found them, but upon opening the box, I am missing an Iron Hand (there are spots for two regular Minimate hands in the tray underneath the figures, but only one of them had anything in it). I need to exchange it. Which really pisses me off, since that store is extremely out of my way, so it might not happen until Saturday at the earliest. I hope they still have some by then. <_<

Any chance of getting some pics before you return them? I don't mind that there's some hands missing in the pics. haha.

This entire week is slammed for me.

When I'm not working, I have to completely overhaul prep for a party on Saturday, and I lose two nights of prep time due to other commitments.

I had time to take pics when I opened it Saturday night, but was disappointed I had to return it, so I never removed anyone from the package, and went about other things.

Even if I'd been able to exchange them last night, I wouldn't have had time to take pics.

If my work computer still had Photoshop on it, I could've brought them to work with me and taken pics on lunch, but without it, I'd be uploading 3000 pixel sized, uncropped pictures, because Photobucket's editing tools don't work on my work computer.

I just need to win the lottery so I can have all the time in the world (I even would've gotten back in my car Saturday night and gone back to TRU if I didn't have to worry about wasting gas). :sweat:

"Armour?" That's interesting

Yeah, "interesting." Some secret Canadian is getting a talking-to from me.

Noboudy adds U's tou my text. NOBOUDY!

(Although it may have come from one of our Minimates designers, who is in fact Canadian.)

These are listed on Previews list, as is the Venom TTA set. Strange I thought TRU's would get these. Maybe they're being "shared" ala AFX's exclusives.

That's an error. They are shipping to TRUs, and should not be on any Previews lists.

Whomp whomp. Well, thankful TRU online carries stuff.

It's been advertised as a TRU exclusive since the poll. We do these every year, and they're always on toysrus.com The sad trombone should never have come out of its case. Sorry for the listing error.

Sorry I haven't posted pics. Will take some soon. Cyke's fire is clear, and his non-firey chest plate is the wrong color, but we're looking into that.

Not sure of toysrus.com's timeline. Owe them text.

Edited by Zach Oat

Found these yesterday in Madison. Full peg worth. I had to search through them all, though, to find good paint apps on Scarlet witch and Protector. SW has red in her hair from her band and the white on Protector's eyes either had black on them or spread beyond the bubbles. I found two that looked good.

The only other nitpick is the feet. Most of the feet do not want to stay on, but IM regular feet are too thick to fit in his legs. And the flight/hover stand is too loose for the feet too.

Otherwise these are amazing mates! SW hex hands are total win and could be snipped for web shooter genes easy. BEIM is perfect (aside from his feet) as is Protector. Cyke's non-flame chest piece matches his visor, so it looks good to me. The flame piece does not fit over the other as it appeared to in the control art.

I will see if I can get pics up later.

Am I missing something?, that's how I spell armour in the UK, mind you this is how I spell colour

In the U.S., we spell color and armor and favor with no U's. And since these aren't available in the U.K. (and are not distributed as widely as some would like in Canada), the U.S. spelling should be used.

My text had it, not sure what happened. Barry Bradfield is Canadian, and he designs a lot of our Minimates, but I believe our graphic designer is American.

Edited by Zach Oat