130 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers vs X-Men

• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

I was really hoping to get Emma Frost over Iron Man. I would have liked to get the two key PFF characters, but maybe we will get the others down the line. Im not disappointed about Iron Man, though I do feel his armor wasn't super crucial since we only saw it for a couple pages. The Mate inside of a Mate is a really cool idea, and it will be nice to add to the hall of armors.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you're saying on the PFF, Chef. They were more central to the story than Noh Varr.

On the other hand, the previous AvX set was, well, completely lacking in the A department. If there would have been time for a second, not voted on set of Avengers, that might have changed some of my votes.

Of course, who are we kidding? My Avengers bias is well documented, and I probably would have voted the same way given the same choices.

Agreed Miry, that's why I'm not unhappy with the results. I do very much have a preference for the Avengers, but I do like seeing teams more complete. That's why I'm just going to hope for at the very least Emma makes it into a TRU wave. But I still am most excited for Scarlet Witch, love the new design and those hex hands are awesome. I know Dst has said that they try to keep fingers away from minimates, and I tend to agree; but when they do, they always come out so great.

Since it was Avengers vs X-Men, it would have been nice to see a straight Avengers set and an all X-Men one with Phoenx Force characters. As to Noh Varr, I'll gladly take a (mostly) new character that's not just designed for a crossover than one that only existed for a short time. Overall, this set makes me miss last years where there were all new characters offered.

For the next poll, I think it could be interesting if instead of giving us six 'mates to choose from, they gave us several themes to choose from with who the lineup would contain. Wrecking Crew, The Brotherhood, Squadron Supreme, and so on. Especially if DST continues their trend of making all the options anyway....

For the next poll, I think it could be interesting if instead of giving us six 'mates to choose from, they gave us several themes to choose from with who the lineup would contain. Wrecking Crew, The Brotherhood, Squadron Supreme, and so on. Especially if DST continues their trend of making all the options anyway....

If only, Valo, if only.

One of the downsides I'm sure to an all Avengers set is so many of the prominent characters have gotten rereleases in the last year. The Iron Man is a good anchor as it's different enough not to get a lot of "wasted slot" complaints, but Thor, Cap, Red Hulk, Iron Fist, even Giant Man (different suit but still) have gotten mates in recent past. In a perfect world, we would have gotten a modern Luke Cage, Mockingbird, Beast, or classic, non-phased Vision as well as Protector and Wanda.

If only, Valo, if only.

One of the downsides I'm sure to an all Avengers set is so many of the prominent characters have gotten rereleases in the last year. The Iron Man is a good anchor as it's different enough not to get a lot of "wasted slot" complaints, but Thor, Cap, Red Hulk, Iron Fist, even Giant Man (different suit but still) have gotten mates in recent past. In a perfect world, we would have gotten a modern Luke Cage, Mockingbird, Beast, or classic, non-phased Vision as well as Protector and Wanda.

... add a classic updated Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

I guess I was thinking that way because I've found I get more interested in finding out what the theme is moreso than who wins, because we almost always get all six eventually anyway.

Well we never did get the last two Cap mates, or the remaining three Secret Wars. (which in the case of the energy Cap'n Monica and Ben Grimm are real shames) But your point is well taken.

... add a classic updated Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

Okay so clearly a Luke and Danny boxed set is in order, with redone classic mates packed with modern versions of each. (go with the white Iron Fist costume, just to make it different enough from the Shadowland release)

Sadly, my favorite updated Luke Cage look, the one from EMH, will have to be customized to see mate form.

Voting on comic book characters for Specialty Series 50 is one thing, but voting on what box set will sell the best at Toys R Us is another thing altogether. Currently, we choose the best theme, clear the theme with TRU, then do the designs, then do the poll. In your version, we'd have to brainstorm multiple TRU-appropriate sets (NOT Squadron Supreme), clear them ALL with TRU in advance, then hold the voting early (with NO character designs, mind you), THEN design the characters.

<snip> although I'd rather get Cage in a new Thunderbolts box set....

Make it Cage, Man-Thing, Ghost, and Fixer and I'd die happy.

Would love it... but odds of it happening, all things considered, are very slim. More likely to get a Red Hulk, Deadpool, Punisher, Venom T-bolts boxed set as a Marvel Now tie in.

Voting on comic book characters for Specialty Series 50 is one thing, but voting on what box set will sell the best at Toys R Us is another thing altogether. Currently, we choose the best theme, clear the theme with TRU, then do the designs, then do the poll. In your version, we'd have to brainstorm multiple TRU-appropriate sets (NOT Squadron Supreme), clear them ALL with TRU in advance, then hold the voting early (with NO character designs, mind you), THEN design the characters.

I know it will never happen. I was just thinking out loud I guess.

Aw crap. Charging into TRU now? I'd better where a cup.

Edited by Mirymate

I found them at the Aurora, IL TRU, and I was going to share pics immediately after posting that I'd found them, but upon opening the box, I am missing an Iron Hand (there are spots for two regular Minimate hands in the tray underneath the figures, but only one of them had anything in it). I need to exchange it. Which really pisses me off, since that store is extremely out of my way, so it might not happen until Saturday at the earliest. I hope they still have some by then. <_<

Edited by TENIME_art