• Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all just agree that this Iron Man is the best minimate ever?

I think you meant to type ugliest. It is very well-executed though.

This, I concur with full heartedly. I would have preferred any other character from the storyline, but the technical aspects of the manufactured piece are phenomenal.

Also, a simple repaint with some red metallic paint and:

cykePhoenixrepaint.JPG

Edited by emperorshotz

So, what's the phone number for CS, since I need new hands?

But how will you dial the phone without hands?

:rimshot:

I am afraid I'm something of an armor completeist. So it would have been on my want list no matter what, along with the three space armors, the deep sea suits, and all the other various busters.

Edited by Mirymate

Can we all just agree that this Iron Man is the best minimate ever?

I think you meant to type ugliest. It is very well-executed though.

This, I concur with full heartedly. I would have preferred any other character from the storyline, but the technical aspects of the manufactured piece are phenomenal.

cykePhoenixrepaint.JPG

I hate having another IronMan as much as the next guy but sorry that figure is stellar and the most work that they have ever done on a minimate. I usually buy two boxes (one to collect and one to display) but when it comes to box sets I usually just buy loose figures but in this case each of the figures was great and this Ironman deserves to be displayed and is easily in my top 5 of mates.

I hate having another IronMan as much as the next guy but sorry that figure is stellar and the most work that they have ever done on a minimate. I usually buy two boxes (one to collect and one to display) but when it comes to box sets I usually just buy loose figures but in this case each of the figures was great and this Ironman deserves to be displayed and is easily in my top 5 of mates.

It's not the figure I have the problem with-- Like I said, the figure is exceptional. I was referring to the actual design of the armor in the comics. Just my own personal preference, that's all.

Edited by emperorshotz

They agreed with you, Reasonsy. They just said it's the ugliest.

And it is. It's a bad design. Quite frankly, the engineering makes it look a bit too fat. But it is definitely impressively made considering the scale and materials. More work doesn't mean better work, though. I mean, there's little "minimate" about it.

Far from the best minimate ever, IMO.

That Scott on the other hand, that is a thing of beauty.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Weird to see this out for a few weeks now and not hitting any local stores in Utah. Usually within a week of the first sighting I have been able to find it around here. Bsore bought one online and brought it into the office and I have to say that the photos don't quite do this set justice. I love the Phoenixkiller! I love ALL Iron Man armors.. even the silly ones.. and the Iron man minimate underneath is probably in my top 5 "no-add-ons mate". I have to get two just for the two versions of IM.

Protector and Wanda look great and even though I'm not looking for more cyclops'.. he turned out pretty nice. I love all of the custom molds in this box set. It is a must buy... or 2 or 3. :)

Arrrrrgh!! I am stuck in a box set desert!!

And I know in my bones the minute I break down and order it from the site, 2 cases will hit the newest TRU and just peg warm thus dooming the chances of them every ordering another set. (which is apparently what must have happened at the Cary TRU and the Secret Wars set, cause that's the last one to come through there.) But if I hold out and not order it, it will never show up locally and I will miss it. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. oooOOOOOooooh! Gloom, despair, and agony on me. :wallbash:

Arrrrrgh!! I am stuck in a box set desert!!

And I know in my bones the minute I break down and order it from the site, 2 cases will hit the newest TRU and just peg warm thus dooming the chances of them every ordering another set. (which is apparently what must have happened at the Cary TRU and the Secret Wars set, cause that's the last one to come through there.) But if I hold out and not order it, it will never show up locally and I will miss it. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. oooOOOOOooooh! Gloom, despair, and agony on me. :wallbash:

A 'mate in the hand is worth two in the bush, I always say.

Always.

I always. Say. That.

I noticed that the toysrus website now shows that this set can be shipped to my local store for store pick up at no charge. I've never bought from them online but have read about shipments being smashed. a couple of questions...

1) if it says they can ship to my local store, does that mean the store already has it and I can just go there and buy it without ordering online?

2) if I order it online and have it shipped to a store does that eliminate the possibility of it being damaged during transit?

Thanks.

I noticed that the toysrus website now shows that this set can be shipped to my local store for store pick up at no charge. I've never bought from them online but have read about shipments being smashed. a couple of questions...

1) if it says they can ship to my local store, does that mean the store already has it and I can just go there and buy it without ordering online?

2) if I order it online and have it shipped to a store does that eliminate the possibility of it being damaged during transit?

Thanks.

No disrespect meant pappymojo but all of the above is inconsequential because they are currently showing no stock (10.39 GMT)

.....looks like this will be the second (likely third) Minimate set that I won't be getting ,no sour-grapes & I'm humbled by the offers of help that I'm offered but I'm really tired of the incessant chase for stuff .

My TRU has at least 6 of these on the peg. I would be happy to pick them up for fellow board members at cost plus shipping.

O6

Thanks.

No disrespect meant pappymojo but all of the above is inconsequential because they are currently showing no stock (10.39 GMT)

.....looks like this will be the second (likely third) Minimate set that I won't be getting ,no sour-grapes & I'm humbled by the offers of help that I'm offered but I'm really tired of the incessant chase for stuff .

Interestingly the option for In Store Pick Up remains available even as the option for Ship to Home is unavailable. This makes me suspect that the item is already on hand at the store and I can just go and pick it up (provided it doesn't sell out).

It's official... the universe hates me. Yep. A deep abiding hatred. I don't know which of my pasts misdeeds I'm paying for with this one, thought that karmic enema was supposed fix all that, but apparently not.

Picked up my set today, and i can't put them down. Cyclops is currently one of my favorites of the line now, he's just too cool (well, even moreso with the red armor hopefully). Protector and Witch were the other two i wanted, and they couldn't possibly be better iterations of the characters. Iron Man, of course, wound up with two right arms, so now i dislike him even more.

But, i've finally found a use for that gold Phoenix chest plate for when the red one comes:

2ur6vme.jpg

:thumbsup:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Picked up my set today, and i can't put them down. Cyclops is currently one of my favorites of the line now, he's just too cool (well, even moreso with the red armor hopefully). Protector and Witch were the other two i wanted, and they couldn't possibly be better iterations of the characters. Iron Man, of course, wound up with two right arms, so now i dislike him even more.

But, i've finally found a use for that gold Phoenix chest plate for when the red one comes:

2ur6vme.jpg

:thumbsup:

This is a custom I plan to have done, such a great looking costume and it fits nicely into a story/fanfic I am working on

Jeff of the Miniacs

For those of us not in the (k)now, whom might that be? Is Jean back? Or is that Hope?

And Miry, this is payback for abandoning us for so long.;)

But, seriously, I can pick you up a set for cost, if you want.

O6

For those of us not in the (k)now, whom might that be? Is Jean back? Or is that Hope?

I am behind on my reading, but I can share what I know... Hope as Phoenix wore the white Phoenix costume. Jean is sorta back, with those alt. time line original teen X-Men. This image is new to me. If they are finally bringing back Jean, then I'll be happy. Because it means that I wasn't 100% wrong about the end status quo after AvX, just late.

O6

You're right. That's probably it. :confused:

Going for a final pre-Christmas run tomorrow. If that comes up empty, expect a PM pretty quick after.

I am behind on my reading, but I can share what I know... Hope as Phoenix wore the white Phoenix costume. Jean is sorta back, with those alt. time line original teen X-Men. This image is new to me. If they are finally bringing back Jean, then I'll be happy. Because it means that I wasn't 100% wrong about the end status quo after AvX, just late.

O6

You're right. That's probably it. :confused:

Going for a final pre-Christmas run tomorrow. If that comes up empty, expect a PM pretty quick after.

Thank you, good sir. I can grab them on Friday, assuming the blizzard starting to roll through Madison does not do anything too nasty into Friday.

And assuming the Mayans were wrong. :glare: