130 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers vs X-Men

• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

thanks Zach for all the info, sorry if i made a stink about it, it really does not bother me all that much and i look forward to a red armor piece in the future, until then he looks great as do the rest of these mates

also i love how you can tell which artist each of these are based on :D

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand this is just as disappointing on DST's end as it is for us; I've been on the receiving end of a vendor jacking up my specifications and having to ship product out anyway more than once.

I'm really sorry Lobsterman especially because I know you & respect the realm which you inhabit.....design. I'm sorry because you can't expect the....'vendor' ...to do anything other than follow the spec. from the designer.

Wrong bloody spec. then expect wrong bloody end-product. If it's not what was specified.......melt it.

FULL BLOODY STOP.

Just last week I was reviewing print samples of a piece of holiday collateral in which gloss varnish was substituted for the specified clear foil because "they couldn't get the foil in, and nobody would notice anyway." I'll let him know you're coming to have words with him. :lol:

Sounds like the printer was unloading some BS onto you .....without knowing more about the 'collateral' & guessing it was lithographically printed then the foiling procedure would have been carried out on a different machine once the initial print run was completed. Gloss varnishing (UV or otherwise) could have been carried out in one sweet run on one printing press.

I'll cover myself by adding that there may well be machines capable of both processes (in one pass) but I don't know of any ,what "I know" isn't categoric but it'll do 99% of the time.

-pantoneheadsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

Is anyone getting the set that doesn't want their Iron Man?

If I could get an extra Iron Man, I wouldn't have to worry about the missing hand from my set, nor trying to find a suitable body to stick inside so I can use the one inside as its own figure.

And I'd hate to buy a whole second set when all I want is a second Iron Man...

Or, if I bought a second set, who would want the extra Protector, Cyclops, and Scarlet Witch?

Zach: Not inexcusable, just disappointing. I didn't mean for my post to come off as an attack, just a voicing of frustration – which, as I said, I'm sure you feel just as acutely. From your post, it sounds like DST plans to make the mistake right by collectors in some way in the future, which I appreciate. And, as always, I appreciate you continuing to come 'round and take abuse from the peanut gallery. :highfive2:

So we'll be getting a replacement piece only at some point, so I not only don't have to paint but no future slots will be lost to a rerelease of the whole figure.

Sounds like a win to me.

Sounds like a win to me as well. It's stuff like that that really makes DST stand out. I don't imagine Hasbro or Mattel doing anything similar. I do recall Mezco doing something similar for Hellboy 2 Mr. Wink's head. Not many companies take the extra step, but I am incredibly appreciative of (and financially loyal to) those that do.

If I could get an extra Iron Man, I wouldn't have to worry about the missing hand from my set, nor trying to find a suitable body to stick inside so I can use the one inside as its own figure.

Or, if I bought a second set, who would want the extra Protector, Cyclops, and Scarlet Witch?

Tenime, see if CS has any hands

So we'll be getting a replacement piece only at some point, so I not only don't have to paint but no future slots will be lost to a rerelease of the whole figure.

Sounds like a win to me.

Agreed :)

I could live with that, hp. Then I'll need a lot more comics based Avengers product. You know, to cleanse the pallet after all that X-stuff. :rolleyes:

Specifically: Black Knight II, classic Falcon, Tigra and Mockingbird you mean? :thumbsup:

Yep. Throw in Melter, Whirlwind, Black Knight I, and Man-Ape for good measure. :highfive2:

Tenime - if you do go for the extra set I will gladly find a home for the other three mate...be it my parts bin, my sons collection or the neighborhood kids that buy minimates from me "no officer I am not selling illegal drugs in the elementary schools...it's just Minimates!"

Jeff of the Miniacs

Tenime - if you do go for the extra set I will gladly find a home for the other three mate...be it my parts bin, my sons collection or the neighborhood kids that buy minimates from me "no officer I am not selling illegal drugs in the elementary schools...it's just Minimates!"

Jeff of the Miniacs

Drat! I could've used that Scarlet Witch!

:tongue:

Zach, I thought CS didn't have TRU exclusive stuff? :confused: I've never called them, I'm just going off what other people here have said. Or what I poorly recall them saying, lol.

Plus, I would like another inner Iron Man, so I don't have to find matching pieces to put back in the Phoenix Buster.

Jeff & MM, I'll let you two fight over her, lol. I'll let whoever know when/if I've gotten the second set.

Picked up the set tonight at the Granite Run Mall TRU, thanks to Nervous' tip. Whatta guy, new baby and still spotting Minimates. :highfive2:

Ha! Glad you got down there,, spot anything else while you were there?

And for the record, I was supposed to be Xmas shopping, lol

As a matter of fact, I bought the Walking Dead Glenn set. I also saw the Anne Hathaway Catwoman figure, which I'd not seen before, and the Supergirl/She-ra set, which I'm tempted to make a Christmas present for my daughter. And I went to Showcase Comics in the mall, but didn't find anything all that interesting.

Jeez, I still haven't opened the set yet! What am I waiting for?

EDIT: Okay, they're opened. Quick thoughts, and sorry if they are redundant:

-Big Mecha Iron Man is impressive, and obviously the showpiece of the set. What I'm really impressed with is how easy it is to get the armor pieces off and on. Great work by the design team.

-I know it's not comics accurate, but the gold piece for Cyclops actually looks really nice, better then I suspect it will in red. It matches the gold on his visor nicely. He's a nice figure, for a one-off costume. The flame add-on is cool, but it's very tight to his head, making it a bit difficult to take his head off and on to switch out the overlays. Also, anyone that was planning on using this piece with a Jean Grey, I'd forget it: there's no way you'll be able to match it with a hairpiece without some heavy modification. Might work with Rachel, though.

-Wanda is an amazing, beautiful, simple figure. Such an upgrade from the first one! Her hex hands are very cool, and yeah, can be easily modified to make web shooting hands.

-Protector is just cool lookin'. I know little about him (other then that he's the former Marvel Boy), but I love that costume. Put him in the new Guardians of the Galaxy book already! His sculpted pieces (mask, gauntlets, belt with two holsters) are very nice and should make us customizers happy. And here's a cool easter egg: his blasters are dead ringers for a Star Wars blaster. My Han Solo's getting an upgrade!

Edited by hellpop

Zach, I thought CS didn't have TRU exclusive stuff? :confused: I've never called them, I'm just going off what other people here have said. Or what I poorly recall them saying, lol.

I don't think that's a hard and fast rule. I'll ask next week.

Edited by Zach Oat