• Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess they were using the black and gold pallet from the previous AvX set with this one too. Disappointing.

If you need someone to go over there and go all Moe on them, Zach, I'm your huckelberry.

Is it really a big deal? I think the gold looks fantastic, matches the visor way better.

It's not accurate to anything and the red is supposed to match the red on his...er...crotch, which now looks even more ridiculous. In terms of real life, is it a big deal? No. In terms of the character and the figure, absolutely.

That's like painting Hulk blue and asking the same thing.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

It is a big screw-up by the factory, but I'd suggest to anyone that's REALLY bothered by it to buy some red paint and fix it yourself. And no "oh, I can't customize" whining; you'll literally be painting one piece of plastic entirely red. My five year old can do that. :biggrin:

I found them today in SE PA, (granite run mall location). And I agree that the gold looks great with his visor. I'm gonna try to customize the other set I got with some clear red over the gold. I have no connection to the look or story, so the colors don't meant that much to me..... Plus, I got some plans for his mask anyway

Except it's not.

Well, no, it kind of is. It's saying "this is an inaccurate, inferior product, but sorry, buy it anyway." Cyclops is now pretty much the chaff we have to choke down to get the Scarlet Witch and Protector figures we want, made even lamer by the fact that, if we are to get a correct version down the road, he'll be taking up the slot of a new character (assuming the line plan wouldn't include a straight pickup of such a niche version of the character otherwise).

I understand this is just as disappointing on DST's end as it is for us; I've been on the receiving end of a vendor jacking up my specifications and having to ship product out anyway more than once. But I don't consider it a "we're lucky to get anything at all" situation. This was a QC screw-up at some point in the chain, and it's a bummer.

Is it really a big deal? I think the gold looks fantastic, matches the visor way better.

It's not accurate to anything and the red is supposed to match the red on his...er...crotch, which now looks even more ridiculous. In terms of real life, is it a big deal? No. In terms of the character and the figure, absolutely.

Its not like that situation at all though. It would be like that if they painted Scott's entire body pink, but instead, its like if they painted Hulk's hairpiece brown. Its not immediately noticeable (hell, I enjoyed AvX, and didn't notice it was the wrong color till someone else pointed it out.)

I understand this is just as disappointing on DST's end as it is for us; I've been on the receiving end of a vendor jacking up my specifications and having to ship product out anyway more than once.

I'm really sorry Lobsterman especially because I know you & respect the realm which you inhabit.....design. I'm sorry because you can't expect the....'vendor' ...to do anything other than follow the spec. from the designer.

Wrong bloody spec. then expect wrong bloody end-product. If it's not what was specified.......melt it.

FULL BLOODY STOP.

I understand this is just as disappointing on DST's end as it is for us; I've been on the receiving end of a vendor jacking up my specifications and having to ship product out anyway more than once.

I'm really sorry Lobsterman especially because I know you & respect the realm which you inhabit.....design. I'm sorry because you can't expect the....'vendor' ...to do anything other than follow the spec. from the designer.

Wrong bloody spec. then expect wrong bloody end-product. If it's not what was specified.......melt it.

FULL BLOODY STOP.

Just last week I was reviewing print samples of a piece of holiday collateral in which gloss varnish was substituted for the specified clear foil because "they couldn't get the foil in, and nobody would notice anyway." I'll let him know you're coming to have words with him. :lol:

1354733659[/url]' post='253001']

I honestly never would have known the difference if it hadn't been pointed out here. I've read the comic series, but I guess the costume nuances didn't really stick with me.

I meant we were going to put a red armor piece in a future set, not an entirely new Cyclops with one piece painted the right color. That would be a waste, and a really horrible thing to do to collectors. Paint the piece if you like, but then you'll have two red pieces.

And we may have missed a paint sample error (the control art is out there for all to see), but given our volume, these things are bound to happen. Sorry it's so inexcusable for some people. I think it's an honest mistake by us, and an odd error by the factory.

Has it been stated... if Iron Man has a hole in his head?

He has no hole and he has regular arms under the giant hands. Yes, those are only hands:

750D7A96-6542-4BBF-B5E5-0845EF0C8A36-4485-00000308B06C225F_zpse69257e9.jpg

Sorry for the day delay, but I cannot figure out a good way to use photobucket, this site and my iPod touch. :(

Multiple images can be found in my new photobucket account: Onyx_6

EDIT: The rest of the Iron Man pics can be found in the actual Minimates TRU fan poll album. I am new to pictures, can't you tell:)

I want a blue Hulk. Then I could recreate the mini comics in the Red Hulk Hulk run:

487973-000y240b_super.jpg

Edited by Onyx_6

I found them today in SE PA, (granite run mall location). And I agree that the gold looks great with his visor. I'm gonna try to customize the other set I got with some clear red over the gold. I have no connection to the look or story, so the colors don't meant that much to me..... Plus, I got some plans for his mask anyway

Hey, we're neighbors (sorta)! I live in this general vicinity, though I'm actually closer to the KoP one. I was going to make a run down there sometime this week; good to know I've got something to look forward to. :biggrin: