130 members have voted

1. 1. Avengers vs X-Men

• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

So after seeing these pictures, I like these choices a little more. Colossus is still all sorts of dull though. I want Protector and Scarlet Witch for sure. I didn't think she needed an update but after seeing the new figure, I'm on board. Iron Man still looks weird to me. I'm torn between wanting Cyclops for the fire chest piece or Emma for the new hair.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Protector because he looked to have the largest range of usable parts but after seeing the control art I want all of them. I only hope the leftovers make it into a TRU release along with Magik and Namor. Maybe have P5 Magik packaged with Modern Black Widow, P5 Namor with Phoenix Iron Fist or Dr. Strange.

I remember reading something similar he did in Ultimate Spider-Man. I think it was an issue connected to the Sinister Six story. While the concept might have worked, I found it overall to be incredibly annoying and poorly executed. It was generally a terrible and one-dimensional characterization that turned me off of Bendis. I haven't read anything to change that opinion. Granted, I haven't been reading Avengers, so he may have refined the technique. He gets a lot of praise, so I'm willing to give him more chances, but as it is, I see him as a modern writing equivalent of Liefeld: all top heavy shoulder pads with no feet to stand on.

Have you read any of his Avengers work at all? Or just nothing recent? Every writer has something they've done that didn't work, but I admire the way Bendis will play with format and try not to tell a standard story. And I must admit, I love his banter.

Well, I wouldn't say that formal play or invention is a strength of Bendis as a writer; as a matter of fact, I'd say that one of his big drawbacks is that almost all of his work reads the same. There's a fine line between "having a style" and 'having no versatility", and I think Bendis falls on the latter side. As for his banter, well, to each their own, but I generally feel that he forces characters to fit his dialog, rather then adapting his dialog to fit the characters, if you know what I mean. He seems to just blindly ignore long-established personalities, which I don't think is a good trait for the guy that's basically been the architect of the Marvel Universe for the last decade. Say what you want about Geoff Johns, but at least he's devoted to the characters (even if it's sometimes to his detriment). Hey, Bendis has been very successful; he's turned the Avengers into the spine of the Marvel Universe, something no one else has managed to do. But, for all his success, he's a very, very flawed writer.

Never said he did great characterization, I just like that he will have a character tell the story to someone else, or have a couple of characters shooting the breeze about random stuff. Never been a huge Bagley fan, but I like some of the more atmospheric, less "Marvel School" artists Bendis has been associated with. (Gaydos, Maleev, etc.)

Love the Iron Man! I must have it and I am guessing it will get some strong voting support at TRU. I didn't think I would love Scarlet Witch.. but I really do. Great redo.. but it makes me want a new Quicksilver. :)

This is the best news I have seen since seeing that Squirel Girl will be a playable character on Marvel Heroes Online. :P

Never been a huge Bagley fan, but I like some of the more atmospheric, less "Marvel School" artists Bendis has been associated with. (Gaydos, Maleev, etc.)

Hell yeah to those artists. I completely forgot, but I did read the Spiderwoman: Agent of SWORD series and thought it was pretty good and snappy. It was definitely enjoyable.

Hell yeah to those artists. I completely forgot, but I did read the Spiderwoman: Agent of SWORD series and thought it was pretty good and snappy. It was definitely enjoyable.

I expected a bit more from Spider-Woman after their awesome Daredevil run, but the Moon Knight series they just did together was great.

Zach,is the iron man going to have two pairs of legs and arms? One for the regular look and one for the bulky look. I glue my mates' hands and feet(and sometimes masks if they have no hair and I din't really use the unmasked look) so it would be great to have two pairs for them so he can be changed. Though the cost will be higher I think that many people would like it.(if there are other people who glue their mates).

Looking at the control art makes me want them more. LOVE Wanda's hex hands. Nice accessories for her. I wonder how the Phoenix-Buster Iron Man will really look like in person with all those bulky parts.

I'd want: Scarlet Witch, Protector, Emma and Iron Man.

Hardly think Colossus will make the box set since many of the choices seem to overshadow him.

I went Protector, but I think they all look cool. Another Colossus? There's going to be 3 upcoming mms of him, then no more for 10 years. Space Suit Beast would've been cool or any new characters. I'd like to see how the Phoenix 5 storyline plays out before I decide whether I want all of these or not. I def like the first set better than this one though.

1340049873[/url]' post='232907']
1340049452[/url]' post='232904']
1340048918[/url]' post='232899']

Can't wait to see the new Dr. Strange that will be sporting those spell hands!!! :yes:

I can't wait to see the new Dr. Strange astral variant that will be sporting those spell hands!!! :yes:

Nah, the variant will be this one from the 90's!

DR_STRANGE_long_hair_sunglasses_051911.jpg

And the army builder will be sexy nurses. Huzzah!

Can't wait to see the new Dr. Strange that will be sporting those spell hands!!! :yes:

I can't wait to see the new Dr. Strange astral variant that will be sporting those spell hands!!! :yes:

off topic but, between those 2 and the Mindless Ones from the wave 50 poll, thats the variant and army builder of a kick ass mystical wave right there. throw in Doctor Voodoo, Wong, the Hood and a white costume Iron Fist and call it a day. :thumbsup:

back on topic, I'm hoping for Protector, Wanda, and Cyclops and Emma for the extras. Colossus is meh and Iron Man...idk, i like the underneath armor look anyway.