• Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if there ever were a lock, it would be Iron Man. Even without shenanigans, he's the most broadly recognizable. I'm guessing it will be him, Cyke, Emma, and maybe all of us voting for Wanda will nudge her over the top.

I wonder if they have a Namor/Magik 2 pack planned in an upcoming TRU wave.

Apparently lots of collectors here missed out on the first Scarlet Witch, huh? Don't get me wrong. I'd be all over a reissue of Civil War Spidey in his Stark duds but that was an exclusive. Wasn't Wanda more plentiful?

I don't know how many people didn't get the first Wanda, but I'm all for a new update. I'd much rather have her than any of those likely-to-be-temporary X-Men looks.

The three X-Men are 1) redundant to the AvX boxset and 2) in my opinion hideous designs that won't last more than a couple of issues. Same can be said for the Phoenix Buster Iron Man. Protector's done nothing in the comics since arriving - less since donning the new costume. And I just recently snagged the first Wanda off e-Bay.

PASS

For all of those voting for Protector just because hes a new character...sorry to say he isnt :P

Noh Varr got his own mate back in the Dark Avengers set :P

having said that, i want him dearly, he has become an awesome addition to the team and a great replacement for Mar-vell, i love the design and it translates well to a minimate. I would put my other votes to Ironman, Witch and Cyclops (purely on sculpted pieces)

Voted for Protector. He's the closest thing to a new character in the list. I would be pretty happy to see Wanda make the set, as i'm sure she'll be instrumental by the end of the story & she could use an update.

I feel like a *should* want the mech-ironman, but i'm leaning more towards wanting a Cyke, Emma, Scarlett, Protector set.

Protector got my vote just on the newish character thing.

I would be happy with any and all from this line up as the are all new looks for the people with Wanda being the weakest on that but she could do with an update.

Yeah, I voted Protector because he's just neat looking. I'm going to hope for Scarlet Witch as well. I do like the designs of the Phoenix X-Men, so I definitely won't mind them. But the Colossus design sheet just looks super "meh", and that Iron Man looks a bit silly.

So yeah, I'm hoping the set ends up being Protector, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops, and Emma. I don't mind that the costumes are temporary - I still think they're pretty neat. And if they turned whichever of these two loses into a two-pack, alongside a Namor/Magik two-pack, I'd be pretty stoked.

I think this poll also more-or-less confirms that there'll be a Avengers set from AFX to compliment the X-Men SDCC one. The fact that there's none of the big guns on the Avengers side (outside of Iron Man, in armor that I doubt was designed to match the lead time DST would need to have him ready for SDCC) leads me to believe we'll be getting a set with them. It would be... unlike DST to pass up a chance to get more Caps, Thors, and Spideys sold. I hope we get some goodies, though, like an updated Vision, a modern Hawkeye, and... jeez, I dunno. Is there anyone unique from this comic worth having as a Minimate?

I particularly like that Wanda has ankle-boots on, rather than the thigh-high ones the original was painted with. Plus, I'm a classic fan first and foremost, so that appeals to my sensibilites.

The Protector looks really neat and would have been my second vote if I'd gotten one.

I think this poll also more-or-less confirms that there'll be a Avengers set from AFX to compliment the X-Men SDCC one. The fact that there's none of the big guns on the Avengers side (outside of Iron Man, in armor that I doubt was designed to match the lead time DST would need to have him ready for SDCC) leads me to believe we'll be getting a set with them. It would be... unlike DST to pass up a chance to get more Caps, Thors, and Spideys sold. I hope we get some goodies, though, like an updated Vision, a modern Hawkeye, and... jeez, I dunno. Is there anyone unique from this comic worth having as a Minimate?

Modern Doctor Strange, updated Beast. Not unique to the comic, but I'd be pleased to get either of those. But Zach has said that they're going to be taking a break from Avengers for a little bit. Don't know if that rules out an A set.

Any chance we can get a MMMV poll on thise one. Those are always fun.

But Zach has said that they're going to be taking a break from Avengers for a little bit. Don't know if that rules out an A set.

I suspect that "taking a break" from Avengers does not mean NO Avengers, just not as a primary focus. I mean, we still have a shot at Black Knight in wave 50. I would not rule out seeing a few here & there.

As for the poll, don't we pretty much have a shot at getting all of these anyway? Similar to the Galactus poll, won't they try to slot in the remaining choices later? I know we have yet to see the remaining Galactus Heralds, but they mentioned they were coming.

That said, I'm really disappointed in the "Pick ONE" aspect of the TRU poll. I wish it was pick 2 at least, preferably pick 4. I had to go with Scarlet Witch, but I'd really love to get Protector as well. The "Phoenix Five" characters are just not interesting to me, and I can't wait until they change back. BUT I want those accessory pieces for sure!

That said, I'm really disappointed in the "Pick ONE" aspect of the TRU poll. I wish it was pick 2 at least, preferably pick 4. I had to go with Scarlet Witch, but I'd really love to get Protector as well. The "Phoenix Five" characters are just not interesting to me, and I can't wait until they change back. BUT I want those accessory pieces for sure!

Same here. What happens when they tally up all the votes for Scarlet Witch, Protector and probably Iron Man and there's a 3 way tie for last place between the X-Men because nobody voted for them.

That's not gona happen cause I voted for Emma. So she's got at least 1 vote. :P

I think people may be discounting the X-Men too quickly. They people who see the TRU poll may not be the same ones who see the SDCC stuff. The general vote may turn the tide on this similar to the Secret Wars poll. Remember how seemingly nobody wanted Spidey, and he came out #1 far and ahead of everyone else?