• Cyclops (Phoenix Force)
    • Emma Frost (Phoenix Force)
    • Colossus (Phoenix Force)
    • Phoenix Buster Iron Man
    • Protector
    • Scarlet Witch

TRU Poll

http://marvel.com/news/story/18697/marvel_minimates_10th_anniversary_fan_polls

Will the vote for the TRU set be for the THEME or for the CHARACTERS?

Like... will the poll be more like...

Pick a theme:

Brotherhood

Wrecking Crew

Avengers vs X-Men

Or...

The set IS Avengers vs X-Men, now pick 2 Avengers and 2 X-Men.

(These teams/themes are just examples to breakdown my question. If a theme is picked, no need to actually reveal it. :P)

Pick a theme:

Brotherhood

Wrecking Crew

Avengers vs X-Men

What would upset me about this hypothetical method (with those hypothetical choices), is that I just know Avengers vs X-Men would win the Marvel.com vote :turned:

Also, it would require us to design multiple sets in advance, or start development after the theme was chosen, which means we would likely miss the deadline for this yea. No, we'll be doing it like we did the Heralds poll last year. We have a theme, you vote on the characters, from the art provided. That poll won't go up until June, on toysrus.com.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the theme, of course, is the MMMV Civil War, with all the characters we've been banners for in the mix. Because we know-we know- that everyone at DST has been following our goings-on intently, and that this is the set that would clearly have the most commercial appeal to TRU.

Will this set be out this year or next, Zach?

This year.

Just make the wrecking crew and get it over with already!!!! :thumbsup:

You know we've wanted them for years.

But does anyone else? If Spider-Man was in the Wrecking Crew, we'd have made it years ago. I hope we'll do it someday, but not as a TRU exclusive. Maybe at a con. We'll see how this year's sets do.

Cannon Fodder – army builder characters who you’d be willing to buy multiple of

oh ok, like "Multiple" Man XFactor. nice clue

There are no army builders in the TRU box set poll. I think you want the other thread.

I understand what you're saying Zach, but the Wrecking Crew were made in Marvel Universe, and are coming out in the new Marvel Legends, so they must have some viability. Maybe don't do them as a box set, but pack them with other characters to take some stress off you guys. I could easily deal with buying four Thors if I have a complete Wrecking Crew in the end.

So... still no Wrecking Crew... >sigh<

Can we get a hint on the theme? Is this a TTA set? A story arc? Team? Event?

Let's guess theme!

I feel like TRU would want a more mainstream exclusive after the Heralds set. I'm putting my money on a Sinister Foes of Spider-man set:

Choices pick three:

Jackal

Morbius

Hammerhead

Scarecrow

Venom w/sculpted head

Vermin

Updated Sandman

Updated Hydroman

Jack O Lantern

And a Spider-Man that will go in the set:

Spider-Ham

Spider-Man Noir

Spider-Man Reign

I think as a Fan Poll, it should really be 4 (or more) new characters/costumes,

although Spiderman in the Dethlock outfit is awesome. Can't the Fan Poll be the theme?

Maybe even show the percentages on the box like

42% Gladiator

21% Banshee

18% Falcon

3% Mojo

But does anyone else? If Spider-Man was in the Wrecking Crew, we'd have made it years ago. I hope we'll do it someday, but not as a TRU exclusive. Maybe at a con. We'll see how this year's sets do.

I think so. I could certainly build an argument that they're wanted more than the Age of X or Mutants vs Vampires sets or the MvC variants from last year's con (granted, I realize there are budget restrictions that have to be followed in that case).

Just hope it gets done at some point, no matter how it gets released.

How about a "Shut up already!!" theme? We already have Kang, throw Winter Soldier, Banshee, Baron Zemo, Falcon, Toad, etc. up there and we bicker about which four we want most? I'd buy that....

I don't see The Spot on this list <_<

Let's guess theme!

I feel like TRU would want a more mainstream exclusive after the Heralds set. I'm putting my money on a Sinister Foes of Spider-man set:

Choices pick three:

Jackal

Morbius

Hammerhead

Scarecrow

Venom w/sculpted head

Vermin

Updated Sandman

Updated Hydroman

Jack O Lantern

And a Spider-Man that will go in the set:

Spider-Ham

Spider-Man Noir

Spider-Man Reign

Or this one <_<

the-spot.jpg

How about a "Shut up already!!" theme? We already have Kang, throw Winter Soldier, Banshee, Baron Zemo, Falcon, Toad, etc. up there and we bicker about which four we want most? I'd buy that....

Unfortunately you & I may be kindred souls :ohmy: .....give me those & Falcon & I'll promise to shut the f*%k up & take as many Caps,Wolvies,Spideys, Thors & iron Mans as you can throw at me in the future.

I like the Spidey idea. No Venom though, please, since we've already got a box set coming. Four Venoms in one calendar year is enough. Replace him with the White Rabbit, and we're good to go.

I also think that the Wrecking Crew would do well as a box set, though I don't think TRU is the market for it. Of course, I would have also said that the Galactus box set shouldn't go to TRU, so what do I know?

Can I get one of those fancy banners that just say's "I'm with DST, and will enjoy whatever they give me"? Super pumped to hear the poll announcement.

Here ya go:

post-1897-0-03170400-1336788262_thumb.pn

image selected is meant as a good natured jab at DST’s choices and I can change it if someone has a funnier/better idea (but serious, that set WOULD kinda kick ass)

post-1897-0-64218100-1336789258_thumb.pn

made another one! I’m boooooooored!

Edited by dr baghead

I think so. I could certainly build an argument that they're wanted more than the Age of X or Mutants vs Vampires sets or the MvC variants from last year's con (granted, I realize there are budget restrictions that have to be followed in that case).

Just hope it gets done at some point, no matter how it gets released.

If you want to argue that they're wanted more than Age of X and Curse of the Mutants, go right ahead. Those were comic-shop sets, and they were hurt by distance from what eventually proved to be less-than-timeless source material. (Hindsight is 20/20.)

This poll is for a Toys R Us set, and I don't think the casual TRU buyer has any idea who the Wrecker and his three goons are. The Galactus set had Galactus. The Cap set had Cap. Those are anchor characters that can attract a casual buyer. Plus, this is a poll set, which means the poll would include the Wrecking Crew and two other guys. Heroes would make the most sense, which would mean, by toysrus.com voting logic, we'd end up getting the two heroes and two members of the Wrecking Crew in the set. A good start, I suppose, but even if we did get to the unmade figures, I don't feel too confident about the sell-through on the Bulldozer and Piledriver two-pack. Maybe split them into two two-packs? With Thor and Spidey?

Anyway, this is all hypothetical until next year, because this year's poll set is not The Wrecking Crew-themed. I think it would be good for a con, but I think this year's con sets will be the real test.

I have to agree with Zach, while we I would say a very hardcore at times fans would know how well the Crew would fit into the 616 minmate line up as they have crossed paths with a high percent of the major heroes at on time or another the casual TRU buyer wouldn't be as clued up.

Crew as a SDDC etc 4pack seems a bteer idea.

I could see TRU going for something like, Feral Wolverine, Silver Samurai, Weapon X Wolvie (with Helmet etc) and maybe an updated Mystique.