• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's what I saw when I looked him up. If we got him would everyone want him the color in the pic above, or similar to the one we already have?

I really didn't realize we'd checked so many off the list at this point. What once seemed like a far off vague possibility is now mostly realized, lol. Crazy what 10 more waves can do.

Some random thoughts...

While I'm happy we're getting a Banshee, I think many of us would still agree that a Classic Banshee/Sunfire Giant-Sized X-Men two-pack is still long overdue and desired. We now have "canon" version of both of them (AoA Sunfire pulled double duty as one of his modern 616 costumes, so I count him)... but still not quite the version many of us remember, in either case.

I think a lot of the army builder fodder could still have a chance. Maybe not all of them... but frankly it's always been the nature of army builders to sort of fill in a wave where they're theme appropriate. The Cuckoos could easily fit into pretty much any X-Men/Mutant themed wave, as could Multiple Man (hell, that's how we got the last Madrox). Or od forbid we get that 90s X-Factor wave many of us mutant fans have dreamed of. Many of the others could fit any given waves surrounding their random corners of the universe.

Frankly I never wanted Nova Corps to win, lol... I don't really read Cosmic Marvel and was happy with the Modern Nova mate we already had. I was (and still am) hoping hard for Cuckoos. That one still baffles me, it's like we voted in a more generic version of a character we had already. *Sigh* BUT... to each his own I guess. I've said before and I say again, I'm typically happy with between 1 and 2 of each army builder, and don't buy spares, but the Cuckoos would be the first minimate I went out of my way to buy five of. I think having a finite number of them might motivate people who normally don't army build, to bump up to at least 3 or 5 in their case (depending on if you care about the two dead ones).

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2015 at 2:47 PM, Nessex said:

Can't for the life of me find the Wave 50 Poll Losers thread, so please feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate if you like, mods. In light of wave 60's imminent release and the announcement of 64 that it was time to knock another couple of the list:

Heroes

Cyborg Spider-Man

Ghost Rider (Blue, Danny Ketch)

Hydro Armor Iron Man

Iron Man 2020

Mutated Thing (Extra-Rocky)

Savage Grey Hulk (bulked up)

Team X Wolverine

Werewolf Captain America

B-Listers

Banshee

Black Knight II

Commander Steve Rogers

Falcon (modern)

Gladiator (Shi'ar)

Luke Cage (modern)

Songbird

Winter Soldier

Villains

Abomination

Apocalypse

Baron Strucker

Baron Zemo

Mojo

Onslaught

Vengeance

Wrecker

Cannon Fodder

Dire Wraiths

HAMMER Agents

Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)

Mandroids

Mindless Ones

Nova Corps Centurions

Stepford Cuckoos

Warwolves

Things will probably slow down significantly, as i don't see DST running to complete the Cannon Fodder section anytime soon. I'm pretty stoked that we've gotten most of the other characters, but i'm still pining for Gladiator & Mojo.

Wow - we draw ever closer. I was really not sure we'd see Mojo - but 72 includes him!
With him and the Mandroids knocked over, we've now gotten through 50% of the list. 18 of the 36 options have been realised. 

Who's up next? DST love excuses to do an Iron Man, so maybe Hydro Armour?

43 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Wow - we draw ever closer. I was really not sure we'd see Mojo - but 72 includes him!
With him and the Mandroids knocked over, we've now gotten through 50% of the list. 18 of the 36 options have been realised. 

Who's up next? DST love excuses to do an Iron Man, so maybe Hydro Armour?

It's been a long time since we had a comic Iron Man wave, and there are plenty of armours and villains left to make. I'd love to see the Hydro Armour show up somewhere like that.

I'd kill for a comic Iron Man wave. But personally, I'd base it mostly around Fraction's Invincible book. Anyway, with the recent Wolverine Wave as a template, I'd go with:

LCS:

Iron Man 2.0 (Ezekiel Stane) / Detroit Steel

Whiplash (Modern) / Living Laser (Modern)

AIM Agent  (Modern) / Iron Man (Bleeding Edge Re-Do)

AIM Agent (Modern) / Ghost (Modern)

TRU:

Iron Man 2.0 (Rhodey) / Madame Masque 

Werewolf Cap is a personal want, but frankly, I'd like more Marvel Monsters in general.  I know Were-Cap was a one off and not one of the traditional Marvel Monsters, but I happen to be a fan of that one-off.  I enjoy my Marvel Legends Were-Cap and a proper Were-Cap mini would be nice.

2 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

I'd kill for a comic Iron Man wave. But personally, I'd base it mostly around Fraction's Invincible book. Anyway, with the recent Wolverine Wave as a template, I'd go with:

LCS:

Iron Man 2.0 (Ezekiel Stane) / Detroit Steel

Whiplash (Modern) / Living Laser (Modern)

AIM Agent  (Modern) / Iron Man (Bleeding Edge Re-Do)

AIM Agent (Modern) / Ghost (Modern)

TRU:

Iron Man 2.0 (Rhodey) / Madame Masque 

That wave sounds pretty good, but personally, I'd prefer a more classic wave. Something like this:

LCS:

Space Armour Iron Man/Comic Iron Monger

Stealth Armor Iron Man redo/Madame Masque

Hydro Armor Iron Man with classic horned armour parts/Attuma

Modern War Machine/Modern Whiplash

TRU:

Modular Armour Iron Man redo/Classic War Machine redo

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

24 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That wave sounds pretty good, but personally, I'd prefer a more classic wave. Something like this:

LCS:

Space Armour Iron Man/Comic Iron Monger

Stealth Armor Iron Man redo/Madame Masque

Hydro Armor Iron Man with classic horned armour parts/Attuma

Modern War Machine/Modern Whiplash

TRU:

Modular Armour Iron Man redo/Classic War Machine redo

Nothing wrong with such a wave, but most things from there we already have. Modern War Machine is identical to MCU War Machine, of which we have three, considering the molds from IM3 haven't changed. Classic War Machine we already have, and while it's pricey, it's a near perfect translation. Same goes for Modular, which isn't that pricey. As for the rest, Madame Masque is a must, and Monger would be a welcome addition, same goes for Attuma, but gimmicky Iron Man armours don't excite me that much. I'd rather get new characters, like Detroit Steel, Stane, Masque, Laser, Ghost and Whiplash instead of redos of already pretty accurate figs and one-off armours. Just a preference thing.

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

In PL's defense the "Ask DST" sessions are always very difficult for me to get to.  I mainly wish there was just an option for us to buy from the DST website directly to bypass all the damned scalping.

I've been hooking up a ton of people with the Toys R Us and Walgreens stuff (both U.S. and international).  Those blind bags on the other hand...there's just no way around it.  You either spend way too much by giving in to scalpers, spend way too much on an entire case just to get 1 or 2 figures you want or just throw your hands up in frustration. 

5 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

I've been hooking up a ton of people with the Toys R Us and Walgreens stuff (both U.S. and international).  Those blind bags on the other hand...there's just no way around it.  You either spend way too much by giving in to scalpers, spend way too much on an entire case just to get 1 or 2 figures you want or just throw your hands up in frustration. 

I know there's a ton of people who help board members out and they're awesome and probably the reason some of us haven't given up but it still sucks to see the packs you've been wanting on ebay that some nut wants $25 for :/

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I love it when DSTZach acts like he doesn't represent DST but goes out of his way to defend them on every thread of the Multiverse as if he does. ;) 

What did I defend? And I come here to represent DST, but only in dispensing info and addressing concerns. A few complaints about how one part doesn't work quite as well as another part is not really something I bother management with, since I know exactly how well it works (better than it is portrayed to) and how good it looks, but others are welcome to write in.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

In PL's defense the "Ask DST" sessions are always very difficult for me to get to.  I mainly wish there was just an option for us to buy from the DST website directly to bypass all the damned scalping.

Most items that are not retailer exclusives are in our store, just not as singles, as case assortments, and we only ship domestically.

And Ask DST is a column you submit questions to any time of day, and the president answers them eventually. A livechat is different, and we do them less frequently.

I can't even find the askdst question submission form. I found it one time accidentally but every time I go and try to find it, I just get frustrated and say forget it. Also, the "I know exactly how well it works (better than it is portrayed to)" comment confuses me. That shoulder is essentially an up/down motion. I'd love to see some shots of it doing something else