• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I know I've got this wave coming from Luke... I KNOW IT... but when I saw that Baron Zemo/Nova set tonight, I just couldn't resist. I mean, those two have been among my top ten wants for forever. So, if anyone needs this set, I'll have one to trade in a couple weeks....

• 2 weeks later...

This box-set would be similar to the Deadpool Assembles one i think. Alternate whacky looks for well known/loved A-listers. It could be quite a successful set.

The issue with this set is that it would probable require a fair bit more new tooling, where-as DA used already existing tooling for pretty much everything.

EDIT: Actually - DST have been pretty crafty with their parts re-use. TRU17 has a lot of new-looking characters while using almost all old pieces. Aside from CapWols head/claws, they could quite likely cobble together a set without a lot of new tooling. Thor-Mummy would mostly be paint apps. Frankencastle could likely be done using already existing straps, shoulder-pads, etc... Vampire Wolverine would only really need the cape....

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Zemos today from Luke. Love them, particularly Zemo II who was always one of my favorite villain designs. And Luke threw in a very cool extra for those who ordered from him--a punching swipe accessory! Thanks Luke!

Finally got mine and I gotta say this wave really is for us true fans. I love hodge podge assortments and this reminds me of a really good TRU wave. Even the Spidey in this wave is unique enough to feel like a new character and not a wasted slot. Songbird looks exactly like I always pictured she would in my head. Such a great character design. I know most are happy to complete their Warren Ellis Thunderbolts, but I see her and can't help thinking about the original team and how cool those characters would look as minimates. Which brings me to Helmut Zemo. I have such a love for this character, he's my avatar over on the OHOTMU forums. He looks perfect. My only complaint it's that the scarred head should have came with him instead of Heinrich, but that's an easy fix and a minor gripe. I don't believe we ever saw Heinrich's face after his mask adhered, but it's a common mistake, ToyBiz did the same thing. The first thing I thought of when I saw those fuzzy boots was Santa Claus custom!

Ghost Rider looks so cool, I can't stop looking at the blue flame backlit. Onslaught is also tremendous. I wasn't crazy about the Nova Corps getting the army builder slot,but now that they're in hand I love them. Classic Rich Rider will look great along with the hopefully soon to be made New Warriors. Here's hoping this wave is successful enough to give us more fan service waves in the future!

Edited by bigvis497

Yes, I would echo this. I actually picked these up a couple of weeks back and didn't get round to posting. This is an awesome wave, both in terms of character selection and execution. I was really looking forward to Zemo 1 and songbird in particular as big wants of mine, and they are great. However, even the ones that I was less interested in character-wise like ghost rider and onslaught are superb minimates! Let's hope they did sell well, as more fan polls in the future would be very welcome!

Did all of these come with stands????

Yes. Good ones too, they're the smaller stands which I prefer, but they're made of the harder plastic like the second best of wave, not the " taco shell" plastic used prior. These are the best stands to date and I hope they continue.

• 1 year later...

Can't for the life of me find the Wave 50 Poll Losers thread, so please feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate if you like, mods. In light of wave 60's imminent release and the announcement of 64 that it was time to knock another couple of the list:

Heroes

Cyborg Spider-Man

Ghost Rider (Blue, Danny Ketch)

Hydro Armor Iron Man

Iron Man 2020

Mutated Thing (Extra-Rocky)

Savage Grey Hulk (bulked up)

Team X Wolverine

Werewolf Captain America

B-Listers

Banshee

Black Knight II

Commander Steve Rogers

Falcon (modern)

Gladiator (Shi'ar)

Luke Cage (modern)

Songbird

Winter Soldier

Villains

Abomination

Apocalypse

Baron Strucker

Baron Zemo

Mojo

Onslaught

Vengeance

Wrecker

Cannon Fodder

Dire Wraiths

HAMMER Agents

Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)

Mandroids

Mindless Ones

Nova Corps Centurions

Stepford Cuckoos

Warwolves

Things will probably slow down significantly, as i don't see DST running to complete the Cannon Fodder section anytime soon. I'm pretty stoked that we've gotten most of the other characters, but i'm still pining for Gladiator & Mojo.