• Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things:

- I didn't use the pinned Wish List thread, I used the "Most Wanted New Marvel Minimates" thread (http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10434&st=0). That one had a poll element, and was created in December. So it's more recent AND quantifiable.

- We will not have control art for all of them. We will have comic art. So you can cast a vote for a character, and a costume, but not for a cool new part or accessory. This poll is for collectors, not customizers. But hopefully recent releases have proven that we will execute high-quality Mates.

- The story mentions, I believe, that there will be one or two figures made from each category. That means there will not be three A-listers, there will be two, max. One army builder will win, and B-lister and villain quantities will depend on which of the winners inspires the best variant, and makes the best pairing with the army-builder. We didn't want to make a fan choice figure impossible (or difficult) to get, so that one-per-case spot is going to be filled by us based on the winners. If it's the villain that gets a variant, then we'll pick two B-listers, and vice-versa.

- Pretty sure that no matter which character gets chosen in each category, it will be someone a fan wants. Even if casual Marvel fans dogpile on a B-lister or villain, it'll be someone you want. The A-listers are all famous, but they're pretty amazing variations -- in fact, we're revising the A-lister poll to have zero re-dos, and all-new costumes. The army-builders are a mixed bag of requested and obscure, but they're all brand-new.

A few things:

- I didn't use the pinned Wish List thread, I used the "Most Wanted New Marvel Minimates" thread (http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10434&st=0). That one had a poll element, and was created in December. So it's more recent AND quantifiable.

- We will not have control art for all of them. We will have comic art. So you can cast a vote for a character, and a costume, but not for a cool new part or accessory. This poll is for collectors, not customizers. But hopefully recent releases have proven that we will execute high-quality Mates.

- The story mentions, I believe, that there will be one or two figures made from each category. That means there will not be three A-listers, there will be two, max. One army builder will win, and B-lister and villain quantities will depend on which of the winners inspires the best variant, and makes the best pairing with the army-builder. We didn't want to make a fan choice figure impossible (or difficult) to get, so that one-per-case spot is going to be filled by us based on the winners. If it's the villain that gets a variant, then we'll pick two B-listers, and vice-versa.

- Pretty sure that no matter which character gets chosen in each category, it will be someone a fan wants. Even if casual Marvel fans dogpile on a B-lister or villain, it'll be someone you want. The A-listers are all famous, but they're pretty amazing variations -- in fact, we're revising the A-lister poll to have zero re-dos, and all-new costumes. The army-builders are a mixed bag of requested and obscure, but they're all brand-new.

Hate to sound braggy.....but man, I can't wait to tell my nerd friends that my "database" :thumbsup::confused: is helping to make wave 50 minimates.....I feel accomplished....for once.

So the picture shown will be that version we're voting on, correct? I ask because there are different B-listers and villains that would be neat to get, but neater in specific costumes.

So, when the polls go up, are we all going to come here first and argue about things and the decide who we should all vote for so we can all be considerate of the majority opinion, or should we just say hell with it and fight until one Minimate is left standing?

Depends on whether you want to emphasis the "Civil" or the "War"?

Zach . . . if a large man with an odd accent hugs you at a convention and holds on for a little too long, tell security to be gentle with them because it's just a deliriously happy australian fan.

Just throwing this out there:

TWO WAVE 50s - 50A & 50B

To, you know, actually be at wave 50.

RIP Ghost Rider :(

It would be a way to get these fan favorites out faster....;)

Double the mates. Double the fun!

Edited by Onyx_6

I can't wait to vote for...<looks around>..i don't know. Dear lord man..i'm a man with no minimate allegiance.

I feel so alone..are any of the warring factions looking for extra support? My loyalty is cheap..who has the peanut butter cookies?!

A vote for Falcon is a vote for peanut butter cookies.

We have peanut butter cookies and french toast! :biggrin:

But uv course, mes ami! But uv course!

Come, join our Brigade!

:unsure:

Zach . . . if a large man with an odd accent hugs you at a convention and holds on for a little too long, tell security to be gentle with them because it's just a deliriously happy australian fan.

Zach . . . if at the next con, a large man with an odd accent hugs you and holds on for a little too long, please tell security to be gentle with him. He's just a deliriously happy australian fan. :biggrin:

A threat so nice it had to be said twice. I think I know someone who might just start carrying pepper spray before the next con rolls around.

I for one would like to see a good, clean poll this time. Vote for who you want to vote for, but I'd really like to avoid seeing the intentional skewing this time. I remember people bragging during Secret Wars voting about how many IP's they used to vote multiple times, how many non-minimate collecting friends and family they got to vote for their choice... I sort of see all of that as working against the true intention of the poll, which is finding out a consensus on what MMM collectors want, not finding out which person can skew it to their own choice by how many votes they can put through.

The army-builders are a mixed bag of requested and obscure, but they're all brand-new.

I'm glad to read this - for some reason I was expecting to see all the army builder choices be re-issues, and then watching the SHIELD agent win by a landslide.

As for whether the poll debates will be Civil or War - I expect both. But I would request that each poll gets its own separate thread.

Edited by boyd