• HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Let's not start speculating and wish-listing in this thread, too --

:biggrin: I think there was a thread here once speculating on which wishlist thread would appear next.

When the Wave 50 thread popped up, I was like, "Okay, that makes sense." When Wave 49 popped up, I was like, "Huh?"

People actually guessed a fan poll in the 50 thread, and someone said, "Nope, not enough time." Plenty of time! Granted, it's not a "name anybody!" poll like Hasbro used to do with Star Wars (they did it in ToyFare first, BTW, and I had to sort through the character submissions and tally them all), but I used the Wish List thread poll here as a starting point.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not start speculating and wish-listing in this thread, too --

Okay, right. Let me make sure we've got it down: speculation limited to the other wave 50 thread, wish-listing on the wave 49 thread, and irresponsible innuendo on the Alpha Flight thread. :thumbsup:

This isn't me posting a wishlist! This is just my hopes given the information we have! Don't misunderstand! lol...

I hope Amazing Bag-Man is in the first poll... I don't even really feel it's an ESSENTIAL costume... by any stretch... it's just such a classic... source of humor. I feel it needs a minimate. And I'm surprised it doesn't have one already, lol... I feel most iconic looks for most headlining characters have been done already...

I hope there's some Brotherhood presence in the Villains poll... Toad is just the figurehead of my campaign. I'd be equally pleased with any of them. Including Mystique who sorely needs an update. (Not Magneto though... we have a dozen of him... lol)

I hope the Stepford Cuckoos or X-Factor Multiple Man makes the Army Builder poll. I don't know that either is a lock for a win... since one is a minor character and the other already has a minimate... but as an X-Geek... they're the ones I'd cast a vote for, hehe...

Oddly enough the secondary hero poll is the one I have the least to say about... I think because it's so broad... there are like... hundreds more candidates for that than there are the headliners or the villains... I could certainly pick a few I'd like, but the list would be long and unrealistic, lol. Just hope there's an X-Man there to vote for, at the end of the day, hehe...

I'm slightly concerned however that yeah... like that Secret Wars poll TRU did a while back... the voting will be skewed by people who have no intention of ever buying these, and are just passing through marvel.com... and all the winners may be... less than ideal to a hardcore fan? (lol) but eh... could be worse. New minimates are good minimates. And we're bound to get something cool.

*High Five*

Edited by Gillbob316

Ok, this is much better than my chrome-mates guess.

Zach, you are putting a lot on the line for this wave so, just so you know, I plan to preorder at least 2 cases regardless of the winners. Thanks a million for doing this for us.

I need a tissue, I'm that excited!

It must great being on the inside looking out just for the fact of as we are having fun with things like the CW banners after Kang, AA/DST can sit back chuckle and be like "If they only knew"

No wishs from me I will just see whats there and decide.

I love you Mr. Oat, and want to have your babies.

I also appreciate that there's a set number of spots devoted to A-Listers, B-Listers and Villains, I remember when the Secret War poll was going on being absolutely mystified that people were campaigning for Symbiote Transformation Spider-Man over Molecule Man, Monica Reyes and the Beyonder when they likely would never get made otherwise. This way every category gets some love and the casual Marvel.com visitors won't give us a wave full of big names.

I also appreciate that there's a set number of spots devoted to A-Listers, B-Listers and Villains, I remember when the Secret War poll was going on being absolutely mystified that people were campaigning for Symbiote Transformation Spider-Man over Molecule Man, Monica Reyes and the Beyonder when they likely would never get made otherwise. This way every category gets some love and the casual Marvel.com visitors won't give us a wave full of big names.

Yeah that... that's what scares me, lol.

But at least we're guaranteed to get a villain or two.

I think what also works here is there are 7 minimates in a wave... but only 4 categories... so even if character's like Spidey sweeped the polls... there's still wiggle room.

The army builder winner will obviously be the army builder... but that leaves 3 polls for 6 more mates... So we could get TWO villains! Or TWO secondary characters! Or TWO Spider-Men... wait... scratch that last one... lolz...

I used the Wish List thread poll here as a starting point.

If I knew anyone was looking at the Wish List, I would have updated my entry. I don't think I've touched it since 2009.

I just hope Zach's been able to keep up with the mental wish list I do as I fall asleep each night.

I need a tissue, I'm that excited!

Tmi, my friend. T.M.I.:ermm:

Ooooh. I love polls. Zach, I'm curious - will we see the control art for each of the characters like in the Secret Wars and Captain America through the Ages sets? I think that would be neat, especially for people who would like to make customs for anybody who doesn't win.

The army builder winner will obviously be the army builder... but that leaves 3 polls for 6 more mates... So we could get TWO villains! Or TWO secondary characters! Or TWO Spider-Men... wait... scratch that last one... lolz...

I think it's more likely we see three A-listers (one per pack), one secondary, one villian, and one A-lister variant with the army builder.

Edited by Lobsterman

I'm seeing people mentioning Toys R Us boxed set news as well... but can't seem to find it...

Could someone turn my head in the right direction?

Last paragraph in Zach's link:

"The first poll launches right here on May 16, so check back then to vote on the Main Assault Team, and then come back every week after that! And stay tuned for the announcement of another fan poll to decide the next Toys "R" Us-exclusive box set!"

Hey, Zach, you remember all those times I said you were awesome and a magnificent human being and the things you do to go out of your way for this community make you such a badass? Yeah, this right here, this is what I was talking about. And if sales of this set save your job (or at least save you from head shaking in the hallways) well, I think you'll be juuuuust fine.

I will buy very many of them. And if the army builders awesome, I won't even care about the many, many doubles.

This is REALLY exciting! I like that the stuff way the options are split up, so 4 different types of figures get some attention.

I'm with ya on 50, Zach, and I'll be picking up some extra's due to how hard you've worked on this... AND because ya got me (oh, and everybody else too) Kang!

Seriously, you're the face of Minimates and have done an outstanding job answering questions, providing info and feedback and just generally keeping people excited about them.

This is a nice surprise. DST's choices for previous boxset polls have always been well thought out so I'm anticipating some excellent choices (even for the A-list variants).

Hopefully, there is control art shown in the poll, since it gives you a good idea of what you are actually voting for.