• Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gif20130831_1142391.jpg

Sorry for the crappy lighting/cell phone pic, More to come later today.

EDIT: I dont have time to take a lot of pix right now but after pulling them from the trays I have to say I'm impressed with this wave, lots off detail and accessories...

oh and this was a cool surprise... I have no idea if that's the right hair piece as there were a couple in the box!

attachicon.gif20130831_121758.jpg

T.

Should he be bald?

I only say because the same hair pieces are in both the Zemo sets, suggesting an alternate human look for the Nova Corpse.

Thanks for posting!

So, this is a Nova figure after the Annihilation series? smile.png

It is from before.

Not sure which was worse the really bad pun or you missing it totally...

T.

original.gif

My main order from Luke won't ship for another week or two, so I caved and got a set from BBTS to tide me over. It seems like we have been waiting for these forever, and a couple more weeks just wasn't going to work. wink.png

20130908_104440.jpg

20130908_104526.jpg

20130908_104545.jpg

20130908_104623.jpg

20130908_104706.jpg

20130908_104738.jpg

20130908_104807.jpg

20130908_104818.jpg

20130908_104848.jpg

20130908_104942.jpg

20130908_105023.jpg

20130908_105336.jpg

Overall, I'm very pleased with this wave, and they were well worth the wait! The only 'mate that really has any problems is Cyborg Spider-Man, the chest colors don't match, and you can see the web pattern in his eye like with the Friends and Foes version.

Now that you bring that up, YB, did you notice the same problem on Superior Spidey's eyes? That's the one ding I saw on an outstanding figure.

My superior spidey has that issue too :(

O.o

When did this happen?

It was in the adjective-less Spiderman title after Mcfarlane moved on. Erik Larsen's Revenge of the Sinister Six storyline if I recall correctly.

I can't wait to get these. Very excited to get Songbird; wish more of the first team of T-bolts would follow but there probably isn't a market for them.

O.o

When did this happen?

It was in the adjective-less Spiderman title after Mcfarlane moved on. Erik Larsen's Revenge of the Sinister Six storyline if I recall correctly.

Yep!

78358082296.21.GIF

Fun fact time! The character of "Cyborg X" that was introduced in this story was originally supposed to be a cybernetic version of Crimson Commando (who was badly wounded in a story running through the 1991 X-Men Annuals) in a proposed X-Factor relaunch, but Peter David got the X-Factor title instead. Larson used the character as a throw-away cyborg in the Spider-Man story, and then launched a similar character called Super Patriot as a supporting character to Savage Dragon, during the Image launch of 1992.

Cyborg X (literally, the best image I could find online!) :D

cyborgxs3.jpg

Super Patriot from Savage Dragon:
superpatriot.jpg

Oh, and one more thing, we really need that version of Deathlok as a Minimate.

Very excited to get Songbird; wish more of the first team of T-bolts would follow but there probably isn't a market for them.

I know that most people look at her as completing a team, but to me she's actually just starting one. I much prefer the earlier Thunderbolts to the later ones. But I doubt we'll ever get any more of 'em.sad.png

And yes, we need Deathlok!

Edited by hellpop

Very excited to get Songbird; wish more of the first team of T-bolts would follow but there probably isn't a market for them.

I know that most people look at her as completing a team, but to me she's actually just starting one. I much prefer the earlier Thunderbolts to the later ones. But I doubt we'll ever get any more of 'em.sad.png

And yes, we need Deathlok!

She's not exactly starting the early Thunderbolts lineups, we do have Zemo and Moonstone. I don't know what the odds are of seeing the other three founders, but at least Abe is appearing in a monthly title, for now. I'll hope for a 2-pack of him and Boomerang.

She's not exactly starting the early Thunderbolts lineups, we do have Zemo and Moonstone. I don't know what the odds are of seeing the other three founders, but at least Abe is appearing in a monthly title, for now. I'll hope for a 2-pack of him and Boomerang.

Gotta disagree on Zemo and that Moonstone for early Tbolts. That's like putting Winter Soldier in your WWII Invaders in place of Bucky.

Gotta disagree on Zemo and that Moonstone for early Tbolts. That's like putting Winter Soldier in your WWII Invaders in place of Bucky.

Agreed full heartedly. I want a Meteorite AND a classic Moonstone because, yes, I'm just that greedy.

thumbsup.gif

thunderboltsreveal.png